I have just returned from the Venetian where the NPL Vegas Open is in its second day. Quality over quantity would be the polite way to describe the scene. James Van Alstyne, Tom Schneider attempt to accrue some more CP POY points came unstuck at the hands of Kathy Liebert. This is a great time to visit Vegas with the renamed Doyle Brunson Five Diamond only days away. This month I have decided to list why you should visit Las Vegas now:
- 29 consecutive days of near or record temperatures. Thanks Max Pescatori for trading in his cute Mini Cooper for a Hummer.
- The local players are so broke at the end of this expensive year to be a tournament pro (gone are the days of comped rooms and meals for poker players) the superior European pros are sure to win.
- Tesco recently opened six stores in Las Vegas so no need to worry about the change of diet affecting your game (I can imagine Barny eating a tin of rice pudding in the Fontana room at the Bellagio).
- Use your time here to check on the availabilty of L.A. Galaxy tickets next summer as you won't be at Euro 2008.
- Writing about the Beckhams, see the Spice Girls at Mandalay Bay.
- Better still buy KT Tunstalls Christmas CD, a Target exclusive. The likeable Scot covers "Lonely this Christmas" "Fairytale of NY" "2000 Miles" and my favourite a, retro sounding "Mele Kalikimaka".
- The 99c stores are only 48p to you.
- The dollar is so weak the slot machines are being converted to Euros to protect profits.
- If you need a lawyer look no further than David Chesnoff. Scott Weiland's spousal abuse, Rene Angelil's rape charge, Britney's marriage to Jason Alexander, Sandy Murphy's murder charge in the Binion case, Hells Angels killing on camera at Harrahs Laughlin. Leave it to Chesnoff's team. That is what Sheiky did and he was at home eating turkey this week while prosecutors were left wiping egg off their faces.
Say hello if you decide to visit. I am back to wearing my Wanderers shirt after the unexpected draw in Munich and last weekend's win.