Articles written by Lee Davy:
- Easy Game 3rd Edition: Adaptations (21/02/2012)
Seidman has managed to turn a problematic puzzle into something quite understandable, he explains concepts with clarity and he opens your eyes and makes you realise that when you understand what Seidman understands it is an easy game.
- For Sale: Martin Jacobson (09/02/2012)
Just a few short weeks ago Jake Cody signed a sponsorship deal with PKR. I doubt I was the only one thinking, "about f****** time?"
- Broke Living (26/01/2012)
It's easy to live your life like a millionaire if people are stupid enough to keep giving you free money.
- The Ogmore Poker Tour: Turkish Kurt (12/01/2012)
Poker knows it needs you and knows just how to behave to get you. Just like a little slut, when poker slaps on that lipstick and those little lace stockings you don’t stand a chance.
- The Ogmore Poker Tour: The Tondu Poker Festival (16/12/2011)
For the players who play on the OPT, the Tondu Poker Festival has as much excitement as the World Series of Poker.
- The Italian Fish With Tears in Her Eyes (25/11/2011)
Where are the characters in the female pool of poker players?
- Poker Hotties (11/11/2011)
I was talking to Sian Lloyd, Series Producer for Late Night Poker and we were discussing the line-ups for the groundbreaking TV series.
- Roberto Romanello Always Draws a Full House (31/10/2011)
I find the right shop and walk in. The place is buzzing, vibrant and the smell just divine and I am starving. Romanello shakes my hand and asks me what I want to eat. I ask for fish, chips and mushy peas and Romanello takes off his jacket and heads into the open view kitchen and cooks me my food!
- The Ogmore Poker Tour: Back From Las Vegas (20/10/2011)
What is my real world? I suppose my world changes every day.
- Taking a Shot (04/10/2011)
One piece of advice that I have heard countless times is to take a shot.
- Ask the Pro: Qualification for Satellites (20/09/2011)
In 2003, a man aptly named Chris Moneymaker won the WSOP main event. This prestigious event had been won many times before but that year it was special; Moneymaker was special.
- The Temptations (26/08/2011)
There are times in your life when every man or woman gets the same uneasy feeling in the pit of his or her stomach. It is a feeling that has the power to make tears drop from the corners of your eyes.
- I Feel Like Benjamin Button (11/08/2011)
Having an argument with my wife was not an unusual event but there was something different about this one.
- The Ogmore Poker Tour: Changing Faces – Landi (21/07/2011)
One of the greatest appeals that poker offers is the ability for the common man to take a seat next to one of the world’s greatest players.
- The Ogmore Poker Tour: The Battle for the Seat Next to Johnny Winch (05/07/2011)
If you had told me that my circle of friends would look like they do today I would never have believed you. Poker even persuades me to like people that I don't normally like.
- The Mental Game of Poker (23/06/2011)
I am a voracious reader and sometimes I read a book and it literally changes my life.
- Ask the Pro? High Roller or Low Roller? (10/06/2011)
Wealthy players are not necessarily the most skilful players so does this mean there are a lot of weak wealthy players at the higher levels?
- The Ogmore Poker Tour Snowfest (02/06/2011)
If you have the vision to look beyond the smashed up windows and boarded up buildings then The Valleys are a truly beautiful place to live.
- Jared Tendler Session Four - The Pattern, The Flaws and the Improvements (12/05/2011)
I have always had an incredible talent for running up large sums of debt. I am the debt heavyweight champion of the world. I reckon if I had ended up working on Wall Street, Nick Leeson wouldn’t have been fit to iron my Armani shirt.
- True Happiness This Way Lies (28/04/2011)
The goal was to earn $45k through poker in a period of one year.
- The Evolutionary Tale of Dusty "Leatherass" Schmidt (15/04/2011)
You may or may not agree with our claim that the poker entrepreneur is the result of poker evolution and that Schmidt is one of the animals at the top of the food chain. What is indisputable is his ability to adapt to change in an environment that is changing all of the time.
- The Tilt Chronicles - Little Man Syndrome (07/04/2011)
I think if you have the opportunity to bully your opponent, you have to take it.
- Liv Boeree - Player Profile (25/03/2011)
Not only does she have the raw talent for playing the game of poker but she has the ability to connect with people - call it gift of the gab if you like. She knows how to network and poker is about networking.
- The Ogmore Poker Tour - The Annual Valley Championships (18/03/2011)
Every year on a wintery Sunday in December 32 healthy looking males disappear from the face of the planet for 24-hours to participate in the annual Valley Championships of Poker.
- The Tilt Chronicles - Animosity Tilt (11/03/2011)
I suffer from Animosity Tilt all of the time. Only not when I am playing football - although I have in the past - but when I am playing poker.
- The Jamie Burland Interview (04/03/2011)
I was having a trial as a blogger at the EPT Main Event in London on Day 4. My first piece of work was to blog about the first elimination of that day.
- Jared Tendler Session Three - The Slot Machine (18/02/2011)
In my mind, learning and results comes hand in hand. If I were spending as much time playing darts as I was playing poker then I would expect my scoring to increase and my accuracy to get better and I would win more matches. I am not seeing the direct correlation in poker.
- Jared Tendler Session Two - The Superiority Complex (10/02/2011)
Captain Chaos! My employees in my former job have been calling me that name for years!
- The Ogmore Poker Tour, Leg 4 - Blackpool (03/02/2011)
Every year the Ogmore Poker Tour goes on the road and heads to Blackpool to play poker for three days solid at the GUKPT. So why choose Blackpool?
- The Ogmore Poker Tour, Leg 3 - The Crazy Eight's (20/01/2011)
Leg 3 took place in a local Rugby Club.
- The Claw (10/01/2011)
Depend on the rabbit’s foot if you will, but remember it didn’t work for the rabbit
- Jared Tendler Session One - Learning to Learn (20/12/2010)
I christened my poker playing mate Terry Welsh - The Run. The legendary Terry Welsh is called The Run because of his amazing capability of always hitting the straight.
- Reverse Cowgirl (09/12/2010)
Now that is what I call an uncomfortable position!
- The Ogmore Poker Tour, Leg 2 - The Rocks House (03/12/2010)
- The Ogmore Poker Tour - Rodney's House (19/11/2010)
Today’s poker scene moves around the world disguised in a variety of tours. My mates and I have called ours the Ogmore Poker Tour (OPT).
- The Tuesday Night Home Game Regulars Attend the BLUFF Academy - Part Two The Academy (05/11/2010)
Well of course you can win money through poker. Last night did you say? Oh, I won £25.
- The Tilt Chronicles - Building Blocks of Anger (25/10/2010)
Research shows that anger is the most difficult of emotions to control. So I am not alone in this one.
- The Tuesday Night Home Game Regulars Attend the BLUFF Academy - Part One The Journey (07/10/2010)
I receive a Tweet from Alex Rousso advertising the latest BLUFF Academy, which is to take place at The Vic. I ask the lads in my local Tuesday night home game if anyone wants to come and Steve “The Rock” John and Neil “Black 4” Farm are in.
- Four King Hell (16/09/2010)
- Wonderboy? (02/09/2010)
"Alan we need to sort this boy out? Stealing money to play video games? He’ll be gambling next!"
- Treat Your Poker Like a Business (13/08/2010)
There is hope. I have just finished reading “Treat Your Poker Like a Business” and as often happens after reading a poker book or watching a poker video I feel invigorated. I want to play and I want to play now. Show the world the new me. Let leash my new weaponry.
- I Think I’m Georgie Best! (30/07/2010)
Me like Georgie Best? I don’t think Georgie Best had a cup of tea when he went to the pub!
- The System (15/07/2010)
One of my favourite films of all time is “The Matrix”. The first time I saw it I was blown away by the special effects and this was probably the reason why I enjoyed the film so much. As I grow older and watched the film over and over again I see similarities between everyday life and the sci-fi world of “The Matrix” and the special effects become irrelevant. I love the movie even more.
- Two Worlds (02/07/2010)
No matter how hard I try I cannot think of anything. My mind is empty. As if someone has stolen my thoughts.
- How to Start an Argument from Scratch Part 1 (07/06/2010)
Nothing is as frustrating as arguing with someone who knows what he's talking about.
- Zombieland (28/05/2010)
The day Liv Boeree tells me she has shit in her knickers by the bar I will give up the game completely.
Lee Davy can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or through his website. You can follow him on Twitter.