Players: 307,984 Events: 172,327 Results: 1,009,823
  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Jesse May Signs Exclusively with Matchroom Sport
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Press Release
Full House

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:07 pm
Post subject: Jesse May Signs Exclusively with Matchroom Sport
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Matchroom Sport the World’s largest suppliers of televised poker tournaments are delighted to announce the exclusive representation of the legendary poker presenter Jesse May.

Jesse May, considered worldwide to be the voice of poker, currently hosts all of Matchroom’s TV poker events and will now be represented by Matchroom’s management division for all future activities within the television World of poker.

Group Chairman Barry Hearn said “Jesse is quite simply the face of televised poker and no one can compete with what he brings to a show and we are delighted to have acquired his exclusive services. Despite all the star names in poker it is quite clear that without Jesse May the show is just not quality poker! Apart from being the very best professional out there, his knowledge, contacts and enthusiastic quips means that no poker show is complete without him.”

Jesse May’s response to this two year deal - “With the explosion of poker interest around the world my schedule has become more and more hectic so I am delighted that Matchroom Sport are going to organise my life in the same way as they have other sporting stars like Steve Davis, Phil Taylor and Chris Eubank. I am happy to be under their wing and give them the exclusivity of my services. I love the game and love what I do and Matchroom's enthusiasm for poker makes this the perfect marriage."

For further details please contact Eddie Hearn eddie.hearn@matchroom.com or Beiju Patel beiju.patel@matchroom.com
Checkov
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:47 pm
Post subject:

Is Late night poker a part matchroom production?
christianharris
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:07 pm
Post subject:

Nope
Aces-cracked
Flush

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:36 pm
Post subject:

Jesse may seems to me to be one of those people who doesn't have a nasty bone in their body, just seems a fantastic person...

Ive not met him, so I could be wrong Smile
Doc Farrell
Trips

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:09 pm
Post subject:

I've met him. Evil lurks there, ready to pounce.....

still, he deserves whatever he's getting for having to deal with Parkinson so often.
pity they didn't do the Poker Show this year. i wonder if it was too irreverant for sponsorship.

on a seperate issue, it's adolescent and tedious that no publication or online site has the guts to discuss the fact that 85% of players are losing money. I guess none of the writers they employ are talented enough to discuss the issue and still make the game seem romantic.

I'm aware that the answer is because advertising doesn't want to touch the subject but I'm getting tired of picking up poker magazines only to read hyped up bullshit. I guess cardplayer online is the closest to giving a realistic picture of how difficult it is to stay in profit.

and since I'm veering wildly off subject I might as well add that at the moment we have 98% texas holdem players in the world and only 2% card players. I've been advertising a game on a Saturday in Dublin with a 25 euro buyin that consists of 8 games except holdem. And despite the existence of a thousand new 'pros' around town only one other player turned up last week. But we'll keep it going as I'm determined to ween the kids off the two card game!

that jumped up whippersnappers can call themselves poker players and then hide when any game other than holdem is dealt is deeply sacriligous to my beliefs... yes, you heard me, sacriligious , and I've spelt it correctly coz i checked!
Lancy Howard
Trips

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:34 pm
Post subject:

rofl
Vicky C
Full House

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:28 am
Post subject:

Doc Farrell wrote:
it's adolescent and tedious that no publication or online site has the guts to discuss the fact that 85% of players are losing money.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1788837,00.html
The Sheriff
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:49 am
Post subject:

mmm, sacriligous
oldbloke
Quads

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:37 am
Post subject:

Doc Farrell wrote:

on a seperate issue, it's adolescent and tedious that no publication or online site has the guts to discuss the fact that 85% of players are losing money.

But surely that's a given. We all know most people lose. It's the same in any sport or game. 12 horses run, 3 pay out. 22 cars start in F1, 8 get points. 14? teams in the premiership, only one gets the title. 300+ Labour MPs, 20odd in the cabinet.
Etc. It goes without saying. It's how the world works.
christianharris
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:20 am
Post subject:

oldbloke wrote:
300+ Labour MPs, 20odd in the cabinet.

Not for much longer I hope!!!
Professor X
One Pair

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:33 am
Post subject:

bloody students
The Reverend
In Rhythm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:44 am
Post subject:

christianharris wrote:
oldbloke wrote:
300+ Labour MPs, 20odd in the cabinet.

Not for much longer I hope!!!

That's back to front anyhow - the cabinet guys are the losers, they get more flack from the press and actually have to do some work (or at least sit there nodding at whatever Blair says). The backbenchers receive their grossly inflated salary and don't have to do squat for it!
christianharris
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:10 am
Post subject:

Professor X wrote:
bloody students

LOL I'm no longer a student unfortunately!
Doc Farrell
Trips

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:31 pm
Post subject:

Vicky C wrote:
Doc Farrell wrote:
it's adolescent and tedious that no publication or online site has the guts to discuss the fact that 85% of players are losing money.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1788837,00.html

Congrats Vicky,

At least you have the intelligence to write the truth. Any book worth reading doesn't pretend all is roses, unlike our magazine and online cousins. Even the Kid in the Cinncinnatti kid loses not once but twice in the book and is crushed by the Man. I have respect for long time players not just because they win but simply because they manage to survive.

I've just had a small win after the worst six weeks since I started. I'll never read another article about a player under 30 again. If he hasn't been through the storm for at least 10 years then he's just another self congratulating schoolkid.

here endeth the rant. (and even now I still love the damned game)
Hofinger
One Pair

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:41 am
Post subject:

Ok so Jesse May is without doubt the voice of Poker and has done a great job by and large but can someone please make sure that he does no more commentary with Parkinson the two of them together seem to degenerate into Beavis and Butthead. As for not having a bad bone in his body, I have met him albeit only briefly and got the feeling he was a bit up himself. Purely a first impression.

I did enjoy "Shut up and deal" though, he definitely has talent as a writer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: