Players: 309,088 Events: 174,130 Results: 1,015,050
  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
PFA Player of the Year Awards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nem

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:59 am
Post subject: PFA Player of the Year Awards
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Nominees for Professional Footballers' Association Players' Player of the Year award 2011-12: Sergio Aguero (Man City), Joe Hart (Man City), Scott Parker (Tottenham), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd), David Silva (Man City).

Nominees for Young Player of the Year award: Sergio Aguero (Man City), Gareth Bale (Tottenham), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Kyle Walker (Tottenham), Danny Welbeck (Man Utd).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17734248

Obv it should be RVP and Aguero; if Arsenal never had RVP this season they would have been mid-table, but I think it'll be Silva and Aguero.

And the young player award should be for players under the age of 21 - not 24 year old seasoned Internationals.

No Dempsey or Kompany is a surprise.
Indestructible

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:04 am
Post subject: Re: PFA Player of the Year Awards

RVP and AOC for me. Cool
sundance
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:09 am

As an ex-goalkeeper I might be biased but Hart really has been outstanding,unbeatable in some game, the save at Anfield is one of the best I've ever seen

Walker might edge it for me for pure consistency over the season
oneshotbob
Full House

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:09 am

Good chat on the radio about some of the players for smaller teams. Grant Holt has had more influence on his teams position than Rooney has, i would say.

I Can't see past RVP - the only teams he hasn't scored against are Man City, Fulham and Arsenal.
danmonkey
Full House

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:15 am

I think it will be RVP and Aguero.

Dempsey not being nommed is a disgrace, 22 goals for Fulham and many from midfield.[/list]
Checkov
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:01 am

Wtf is Scott Parker doing on the list! Agree with Dan about Dempsey.
Nem

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:17 pm

http://www.bettingpro.com/category/Fo...ng-2012041700140/

Tottenham Hotspur defender Kyle Walker has been the subject of a massive gamble in the 2012 PFA Young Player of the Year betting.

Kyle Walker opened up at 33/1 with William Hill in the PFA Young Player of the Year betting after the nominations were announced on Monday but a massive overnight gamble has seen the Spurs full back shorten to odds of just 5/6 with the firm.

The PFA Awards are always something of a nightmare for the bookmakers as the votes are taken long before the results are announced, which gives plenty of scope for those with privileged information to take advantage.

Hills certainly believe that this has happened in the case of Walker, with the firm's spokesman Joe Crilly tweeting:

"HUGE gamble on K Walker to be named PFA Young Player of the year. 33s in to 5/6. Result is already known by some. Make of that what you will.

Kyle Walker can still be backed at 7/4 withLadbrokesto win the PFA Young Player of the Year.
*Yes*
Straight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Nem wrote:
http://www.bettingpro.com/category/Football/PFA-Young-Player-of-the-Year-betting-2012041700140/

Tottenham Hotspur defender Kyle Walker has been the subject of a massive gamble in the 2012 PFA Young Player of the Year betting.

Kyle Walker opened up at 33/1 with William Hill in the PFA Young Player of the Year betting after the nominations were announced on Monday but a massive overnight gamble has seen the Spurs full back shorten to odds of just 5/6 with the firm.

The PFA Awards are always something of a nightmare for the bookmakers as the votes are taken long before the results are announced, which gives plenty of scope for those with privileged information to take advantage.

Hills certainly believe that this has happened in the case of Walker, with the firm's spokesman Joe Crilly tweeting:

"HUGE gamble on K Walker to be named PFA Young Player of the year. 33s in to 5/6. Result is already known by some. Make of that what you will.

Kyle Walker can still be backed at 7/4 withLadbrokesto win the PFA Young Player of the Year.

Wow I'm gutted I don't follow the player of the year market, some of the movement could be put down to people jumping on when they see him getting shorter and shorter but it must be a done deal that he's the winner.
Indestructible

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:02 pm

Kyle Walker wins young player of the year.
Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Sports and Betting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: