Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe The Elegance Beevers
Mobster


Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Posts: 1935

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
JJ wrote:
Quote:
I will be appearing on BBC 2s Dragons Den on Wednesday 22nd July (Episode 2) at 9 pm, where I am pitching for 65k backing for playing poker tournaments. Apparently, I am one of the longer stories in it. Luckily, I will be on holiday, so will not be here to experience the embarrassment and shame...


database profile:
http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/playe...p?a=r&n=75939

If he is successful I wonder if there will be a rush of players asking the Dragons for sponsorship.
WeeBaws
Banned


Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Posts: 5598

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Must be back on this Weds then. Love this show.

Would be quite suprised if he got it though they do like the odd punt on non mainstream projects.

I seem to remember one of the pub poker companies on a year or teo back.
Poker Jon
Quads


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 1659

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Wondered how long it would be before this came up on DD.

I think he would be in with a great shout of getting the money. It really is a punt for them, but could have a huge ROI.

Interesting if they do go for it, the terms of the contract.

This is a similar backing deal to the one the John Tabbatabei (Sp?) has with an investment bank I think??
Checkov
Royal Flush


Joined: 12 Sep 2003
Posts: 10111

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
WeeBaws wrote:
Must be back on this Weds then. Love this show.

Would be quite suprised if he got it though they do like the odd punt on non mainstream projects.

I seem to remember one of the pub poker companies on a year or teo back.


Pub one got through, then he decided to stiff them once he had got the the publicity iirc.
stereoman
Straight


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 267

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Poker Jon wrote:
This is a similar backing deal to the one the John Tabatabei has with an investment bank I think??


I knew he was being backed by Bad Beat (like Jon Kalmar) but an 'investment bank'!?

It's rare the Dragons go for an 'out there' idea but Peter Jones went doolally and invested 75,000 in some band (they haven't gotten anywhere yet) so who knows?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7512591.stm

(CLUE to Peter Jones: You need more than 75,000 to try and push a musical act into the media and thus the public consciousness, or a really lucky MySpace type of promotional thing where word-of-mouth beats all)

Like Poker Jon, I'm wondering about the terms of the contract. I think the terms will be very unfavourable to JJ but best of luck.

What's the worst that can happen? They say no!? No, they make you look like a fool on TV and they also say no.
The Dean
Straight Flush


Joined: 01 Feb 2007
Posts: 3209
Location: with position on you

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
I wish him the very best but he better concentrate on that nice pick up that he had in 2006 in his spiel because he hasnt done much since.
If a horse went that long without a decent result except in low grade events, you wouldnt be looking to lump on against quality fields. But of course this is tournament poker so you can blame it all on variance Smile
_________________
Carl Sampson can also be seen on his blog at www.pokersharkpool.com
Pizzicato
Straight Flush


Joined: 24 Sep 2007
Posts: 3266

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Maybe he should play a SnGo with them as part of his pitch Smile
DaveShoelace
Trips


Joined: 04 Dec 2005
Posts: 179

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Should be fun, where does JJ's original quote come from Joe?
_________________
http://barrycarterpoker.blogspot.com/
Poker Jon
Quads


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 1659

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
stereoman wrote:
Poker Jon wrote:
This is a similar backing deal to the one the John Tabatabei has with an investment bank I think??


I knew he was being backed by Bad Beat (like Jon Kalmar) but an 'investment bank'!?

It's rare the Dragons go for an 'out there' idea but Peter Jones went doolally and invested 75,000 in some band (they haven't gotten anywhere yet) so who knows?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7512591.stm

(CLUE to Peter Jones: You need more than 75,000 to try and push a musical act into the media and thus the public consciousness, or a really lucky MySpace type of promotional thing where word-of-mouth beats all)

Like Poker Jon, I'm wondering about the terms of the contract. I think the terms will be very unfavourable to JJ but best of luck.

What's the worst that can happen? They say no!? No, they make you look like a fool on TV and they also say no.


I read a piece in the Telegraph about a year ago saying he was being staked by an 'investment group - muight be the people you are talking about
robbie
Full House


Joined: 01 Dec 2005
Posts: 858

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
DaveShoelace wrote:
Should be fun, where does JJ's original quote come from Joe?


gutshot forum,
Davy G
Straight


Joined: 29 Aug 2008
Posts: 427

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
robbie wrote:
DaveShoelace wrote:
Should be fun, where does JJ's original quote come from Joe?


gutshot forum,


i thought stung was Dall Sun on here?
Joe The Elegance Beevers
Mobster


Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Posts: 1935

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
robbie wrote:
DaveShoelace wrote:
Should be fun, where does JJ's original quote come from Joe?


gutshot forum,

It came in an email that JJ sent me and a number of other people this afternoon. I asked him if he wanted to post about it himself and he said that he prefered me to.
jackinbeat
Banned


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 586

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Gl JJ, thought you'd already done this...

Will someone post a link of this if they find one, not in that night!
Brit_Abroad
Full House


Joined: 03 Aug 2006
Posts: 825
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:43 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Well he certainly ran very well in the MCOP one year, but I played in a cash game with him the following year and he was value....
_________________
Hopefully it will take me less than 50 million years to evolve from a fish to a dry land animal
evelyn
Quads


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 2123

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:43 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
GL to him.I hope he didn't wear the shirt in the photo.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum