Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
WeeBaws
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Thoughts?

Draw probably a fair result. Thought we looked pretty comfortable, and would be a bit worried about the amount of pressure you didn't put us under.

Obviously Eboue should be deported.

It was oh so quiet at the Lane though....... Wink
Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
[ ] watched the game Sad
WeeBaws
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:46 pm
Why? Hope everything is ok mate.

Sad
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:48 pm
he only watches the big games for spurs, like against top 4 teams like villa

he is a busy guy

gonna be interesting to see what happens to arsenal and villa next season if the table does finish as is
WeeBaws
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:50 pm
Obviously what will happen is Villa will be in the CL and we'll be on ITV4 on a Thursday night.
Sad

One season out of it won't make a massive difference. Obviously not a good thing to happen, but won't make a massive impact.

Would probably give us more chance of winning the league, or at least making a good go of it.
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:00 pm
I was thinking more for players in and out, for both clubs

going to be harder to sign players who want champions league football if you aren't playing it

tho perhaps flamini will come back, he obv didn't care ;o
WeeBaws
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:03 pm
I think AFC would still have pulling power of AVFC even if they could offer CL for that season. Really can't see it being a regular occurence. Still a while for us to get back into it. Was pleased to see Arshavin and Eduardo on the bench. Might give us a lift.
barmybadger
Closet Gooner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:11 pm
Arsene really should have signed a couple of players in the window. Bringing in a barry or a senna would have seen arsenal into the top four this season. Midfield is much too light to make it now. Artera too.
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:11 pm
You don't think no Champions League football will be the catalyst for the likes of Adebayor and Fabregas to slap in transfer requests?

I bet Fabregas is drooling watching Barcelona play at the moment Wink
WeeBaws
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:26 pm
barmybadger wrote:
Arsene really should have signed a couple of players in the window. Bringing in a barry or a senna would have seen arsenal into the top four this season. Midfield is much too light to make it now. Artera too.

This sort of thing gets my goat.

You can't just go out and sign these players in the window if they aren't available.
Why the hell would Villa sell Barry?
Everton Arteta etc at this time of the year.
Not going to happen.
Murph
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:31 pm
WeeBaws wrote:
barmybadger wrote:

You can't just go out and sign these players in the window if they aren't available.
Not going to happen.

Why didn't he get in for Palacios? It was Wenger who spotted the guy in the first place.

Also i've said it before and i'll say it again,Lassana Diarra(letting him go) was the biggest mistake he will ever make in his career(same as Mourinho).
HopeItsChips
Flush

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:32 pm
barmybadger wrote:

One of the main problems Arsenal have though is that it is not in the manager's best interests (in terms of his personal finances) to spend money on new players. Most managers are keen to know how much money the board will allow them to spend on new players but Wenger is incentivised to turn a profit which is most easily done by not spending much in the transfer window/selling off our best players. It's a clear conflict of interest and the likes of Peter Hill-Wood are lining their pockets at the expense of success on the pitch.
WeeBaws
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:52 pm
Murph1984 wrote:
WeeBaws wrote:
barmybadger wrote:

Not going to happen.

Why didn't he get in for Palacios? It was Wenger who spotted the guy in the first place.
Also i've said it before and i'll say it again,Lassana Diarra(letting him go) was the biggest mistake he will ever make in his career(same as Mourinho).

Because he's not a top 4 (5!) player.

Obviously if he rated him he wouldn't have let him go in the first place. You pretty much answered your own question Rolling Eyes

As for Dolphin head, he was a bad influence and couldn't bide his time by a few months.
Obviously a good player but not worth risking the morale of the whole squad.
Lucius Sweet
Quads

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:00 pm
WeeBaws wrote:
As for Dolphin head, he was a bad influence and couldn't bide his time by a few months.
Obviously a good player but not worth risking the morale of the whole squad.

Yeah you've got other players like Gallas for that!

oh snap!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:02 pm
players like that. im sure wenger would have found an available player of that class if he had wanted to.
should have given flamini more money that was the biggest mistake
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Sports and Betting All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: