View previous topic :: View next topic  

...would you have him to your left or to your right?
Left 
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Right 
86%
 86%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 29

Matt101
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
To me it's a no-brainer. I'd have him to my right so I had the option of getting out of it or raising it up when I put him on a steal.

With Gus to my left I'd be afraid of raising with anything but a top quality hand in case he came over the top.
Adam Noone at the WSOP
Two Pair

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
When I played against him yesterday I was happier having him to my right. He was involved in a lot of pots so when I had a hand I came over the top of him and there was some money in the pot already.
It also meant that if I wanted to try and take the blinds and antes I wouldn't have to worry about getting a bet past the big stack LAG. Gus is a staunch defender of his big blind and I wouldn't have fancied trying to outplay him on the flop if he called a raise and I didn't have a premium hand.
Having him on my left would have resulted in me having to make difficult decisions against a world class player. Having position on him simplified my choices to raise or fold.
Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:35 pm
I would like to know who voted 'left.'

Last edited by Nem on Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
OwenP
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:46 pm
Nemesis wrote:
I would like to know who voted 'yes.'

I guess the people who wanted to try and salvage this pointless thread. Like, who is ever going to want Gus to have position on them? Stating the obvious really.
Matt101
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:11 pm
OwenP wrote:
Nemesis wrote:
I would like to know who voted 'left.'

I guess the people who wanted to try and salvage this pointless thread. Like, who is ever going to want Gus to have position on them? Stating the obvious really.

I only started the thread because apparently it was subject of some debate with the Hendon Mob reporters.
Steve50
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:23 pm
I voted left
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:32 am
He's an aggressive caller (term used to much hilarity by Vanessa Rousso, but I think it applies here). If I ever wanted someone not on my left, it'd be him.

Although, then again, out of position he's probably pretty normal, so you can game him a little less than if he was on the left, and with big stacks I always like the game.
Checkov
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:37 am
Gus may open really light but he doesn't seem to reraise without some sort of a hand.
Adam Noone at the WSOP
Two Pair

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:05 am
Gus was raising a lot of pots yesterday (as you might expect of someone with a stack >1million at 3000/6000 blinds) but he always seemed to know where he was on the flop and knew when to bail out. This set him apart from some of the other Scandies I played against here, and Dario Minieri, who would just keep throwing chips at the pot until their opponent folded or bust them.

Apparently he built up such a big stack on days 2 and 3 because when he did have a hand no-one would believe him. Based on the perception people had of him from tv highlights they thought he was always at it and his big hands kept getting paid off.
funnyname
Flush

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:02 am
and where is he now?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:03 am
Gus Hansen Eliminated in 61st Place ($154,194)

Gus Hansen raised to 93,000 from under the gun. Ryan Elson moved all in for 694,000 from the small blind. Hansen had Elson covered and made the call. The players showed...

Hansen: {A-Spades}{K-Diamonds}
Elson: {J-Spades}{J-Hearts}

Hansen failed to improve and Elson's jacks were best. Gus was left with about 100,000.

A few hands later, Hansen was on the button and moved all in for his last 99,000. Jason Koshi called from the big blind and the players turned up their cards...

Hansen: {K-Clubs}{5-Spades}
Koshi: {Q-Diamonds}{4-Diamonds}

Koshi spiked the {4-Clubs} on the turn to win the hand and send Gus Hansen to the rail in 61st place. "The Great Dane" earned $154,194 for his strong finish in this year's main event.

From pokernews.com
funnyname
Flush

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:09 am
Nemesis

you're always on the ball, are you a robot?

Nemesis wrote:
Gus Hansen Eliminated in 61st Place ($154,194)

Gus Hansen raised to 93,000 from under the gun. Ryan Elson moved all in for 694,000 from the small blind. Hansen had Elson covered and made the call. The players showed...

Hansen: {A-Spades}{K-Diamonds}
Elson: {J-Spades}{J-Hearts}

Hansen failed to improve and Elson's jacks were best. Gus was left with about 100,000.

A few hands later, Hansen was on the button and moved all in for his last 99,000. Jason Koshi called from the big blind and the players turned up their cards...

Hansen: {K-Clubs}{5-Spades}
Koshi: {Q-Diamonds}{4-Diamonds}

Koshi spiked the {4-Clubs} on the turn to win the hand and send Gus Hansen to the rail in 61st place. "The Great Dane" earned $154,194 for his strong finish in this year's main event.

From pokernews.com

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: