Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
madride
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Indestructible wrote:
madride wrote:
Rumours are that TBK have won the race and will be announced as preferred bidder tomorrow. Fingers crossed

Thought they had dropped out. One point I ma confused on, is the buyer going to pay all the rumoured millions to the HMRC?

Ticketus tried to arrange a better deal with another bidder so they stepped aside. The Singapore bid withdrew at the end of last week and it seems TBK may now have won the race, nothing official yet though.

The plan for the new owners will be to arrange a CVA with HMRC, if we can't I guess it's liquidation. Either way it'll be a few years till we're challenging for trophies again. Doesn't really matter at the moment though the future of the club is all that's important

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Just heard on Sky News that the preferred bidder has pulled out, part of his statement refers to

"Having no intention of negatively affecting the potential outcome of the club's future and after hearing the message from Rangers supporters and fans loud and clear ("Yank go home!"), I notified the administrators today that I have withdrawn my bid for Rangers and will not be moving forward."

Shocked
madride
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:17 pm
Does he expect us to believe a couple of banners and some emails scared him off? Very Happy. He was at it from the start IMO not that it leaves the situation any better

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:55 pm
He was at what? Confused He has then gone on to reveal the loads of abusive emails he had but whose to say who they actually support. Also looks more likely that having been able to get closer to the books that he realized it was worse than they imagined. Looks bleak Sad
madride
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Indestructible wrote:
He was at what? Confused He has then gone on to reveal the loads of abusive emails he had but whose to say who they actually support. Also looks more likely that having been able to get closer to the books that he realized it was worse than they imagined. Looks bleak Sad

His whole miracle rescue plan, which IMO was and has only ever been liquidation. He's no doubt as you say been put off by the finances, but is he seriously trying to suggest as a successful businessman who has no doubt been involved in several hostile takeovers in the past he's had a few abusive faceless emails to his PA and pulled his bid as a result? Nonsense

Seb
Full House

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:27 am
Division 3 Rangers. I think even fans would have to admit that's an interesting prospect.
Indestructible

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:23 pm
As much as I want Rangers to stay in the SPL, I want our money (taxes) to be paid back and the prospective buyers offer was a joke from what I have read.
Seb
Full House

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:32 am
Not sure how they can claim that players are still signed to the new Rangers. Surely the point of being liquidated and becoming a new company is that old contracts stop existing.
Indestructible

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:04 am
Agreed and players should be able to walk away on free transfers.
iTerror
Two Pair

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:48 am
It's a shame that the club and fans are being punished because of 2 men's actions. I do agree we need as much tax back as possible to HMRC but they should go after Sir David Murray and that other owner pretty hard.

If anything, there should be lessons learned here from fans up and down the country.
Seb
Full House

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:33 pm
If they get into Division 1 instead of having to apply to join Division 3, Scottish football will have officially been killed. Disgusting.
Indestructible

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:57 pm
Seb wrote:
If they get into Division 1 instead of having to apply to join Division 3, Scottish football will have officially been killed. Disgusting.

Tbh it is the reverse, they are only going down one div on the hope that they go up to save Scottish football.
Seb
Full House

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:08 pm
If you equate letting prem teams have lots of fixtures with the old firm so they can make money to 'saving Scottish football' then yeah. I have a soul, so I don't see it that way.
Checkov
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:20 pm
You've a bit of a strange system up there anyway, presumably teams have to fill a few pockets to get elected to the 3rd division. In this case they're just skipping a couple of divisions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Sports and Betting All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: