View previous topic :: View next topic  
MM
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
A new article has been published on the website:

Ask the Pro: Qualification for Satellites by Lee Davy
ManUpDonk
High Card

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
'On top of doing this I time out EVERY SINGLE HAND'

That would tilt the fk out of me
evelyn
Quads

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:38 am
"so my range pre add-on is limited to around TT+ AQ+ for open shoving, and I call off my chips in the blinds when Iím getting a price I can't really refuse."

Nice article but I have played a few of the 3x turbo satellites and this is far too tight as the blinds get so high during the last three or four levels of the rebuy period. If you do as suggested you will need roughly a dozen rebuys to end up with just over 30,000 chips after the add on. To get your equity back after a dozen rebuys you need more than average chips at this stage. Near the end of the rebuy period it's just a case of getting the chips in good and hoping for a couple of double ups or treble ups. However trying to slow down the play and manipulating the position at the end is good advice. At 5,000/10,000/1,000A going through the blinds once extra is nearly six rebuys in chips (two rebuys in play).
Chingster23
Two Pair

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:22 am
I have only played two of them since taking on Mathews advice (because they are expensive!) and it worked for me. OK I didn't win but I finished 7th and 11th and was only a double up or two from securing seat. I was pretty confident that if I had the money I could have continued playing them and won a seat.

evelyn wrote:
"so my range pre add-on is limited to around TT+ AQ+ for open shoving, and I call off my chips in the blinds when Iím getting a price I can't really refuse."

Nice article but I have played a few of the 3x turbo satellites and this is far too tight as the blinds get so high during the last three or four levels of the rebuy period. If you do as suggested you will need roughly a dozen rebuys to end up with just over 30,000 chips after the add on. To get your equity back after a dozen rebuys you need more than average chips at this stage. Near the end of the rebuy period it's just a case of getting the chips in good and hoping for a couple of double ups or treble ups. However trying to slow down the play and manipulating the position at the end is good advice. At 5,000/10,000/1,000A going through the blinds once extra is nearly six rebuys in chips (two rebuys in play).

(w) http://www.needyhelper.com/
(t) http://www.twitter.com/chingster23
evelyn
Quads

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:16 am
Chingster23 wrote:
I have only played two of them since taking on Mathews advice (because they are expensive!) and it worked for me. OK I didn't win but I finished 7th and 11th and was only a double up or two from securing seat. I was pretty confident that if I had the money I could have continued playing them and won a seat.

How many rebuys did it take to get to the add on period ? With blinds at 3000/6000/600A, 4000/8000/800A and 5000/10000/1000A for 15 minutes you cannot afford to fold very often with 3000 chips. At the highest level the antes alone are a third of the rebuy ! The add on looks like great value at ten to one of what's given initially but it needs a good deal of luck to get there without getting through ten rebuys or more. I'm not surprised you found the 20 euro/pound ones expensive however the cheapest ones are $2 wcoops.
Chingster23
Two Pair

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:47 pm
[quote="evelyn"][quote="Chingster23"]I have only played two of them since taking on Mathews advice (because they are expensive!) and it worked for me. OK I didn't win but I finished 7th and 11th and was only a double up or two from securing seat. I was pretty confident that if I had the money I could have continued playing them and won a seat.[/quote]

How many rebuys did it take to get to the add on period ? With blinds at 3000/6000/600A, 4000/8000/800A and 5000/10000/1000A for 15 minutes you cannot afford to fold very often with 3000 chips. At the highest level the antes alone are a third of the rebuy ! The add on looks like great value at ten to one of what's given initially but it needs a good deal of luck to get there without getting through ten rebuys or more. I'm not surprised you found the 20 euro/pound ones expensive however the cheapest ones are $2 wcoops.[/quote]

I can't remember how many re-buys I made but it was a lot even though I was sooooo tight. But the prize is Ä7,500 plus expenses! Anyway, I am not the best person to answer this as I have only played two. Matt Frankland qualifies for EPT events a lot and this is the way he has done it in the past.
evelyn
Quads

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:48 pm
Thanks for your reply. Try the Deep ones. They give you a sporting chance as you get 5000 rebuy chips with the same blind structure.
Chingster23
Two Pair

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:08 am
[quote="evelyn"]Thanks for your reply. Try the Deep ones. They give you a sporting chance as you get 5000 rebuy chips with the same blind structure.[/quote]

I will Evelyn, thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: