View previous topic :: View next topic  
pconroy
High Card

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:53 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Hello. Can anyone help. When I multi table SnG's (PStars) my PC becomes very slow and lags the more tables I open. I'm also running PT3 and Table Ninja.
My PC info is; Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz 2.99GHz, 1.99GB of RAM.
Is this lagging due to my old computer and if so what kind of set up should I be upgrading to, or do I just need to spring clean my existing one?
Thanks.
pembo
Full House

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:57 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
It's definitely an oldy, but no reason it shouldn't support a few tables. Probably worth a clean up and a defrag (programs>accessories>system tools>disk defrag).

If that fails, you can easily get a new basic system for 200-300, if all you are using it for is poker, internet/emails etc etc
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:12 am
that should run all that stuff fine, just needs a spring clean
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:48 pm
add memory and also increase your virtual memory. defrag your disk, the pt3 database, and your paging file. also make sure you have a good % of your hard disk free.
pembo
Full House

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:49 pm
darrensprengers wrote:
add memory

Reckon his mobo/cpu will handle more than 2GB though?
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:58 pm
its a p4, should take at least 4 gig easily, though if using 32bit windows which is likely 3gig will be the max
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:00 pm
Grumbledook wrote:
its a p4, should take at least 4 gig easily, though if using 32bit windows which is likely 3gig will be the max

3 is significantly more than 2. 64 bit i would go for 6gb.

you will have to check your mother board for extra slot. i would be amazed if you dont get two. try and balance it at 1x 1.5. if not go 2-1. put the 2gb in slot a or blue i think from my memory.

if your graphics card is not al singing all dancing you might get upto 3.5gb. you can stick in 4 gb as it just wont use the extra memory locations it cant access. bit of a waste though.
RobGibraltar
Out to Lunch

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:51 pm
this should run fine in 2gb, it's all the other rubbish which inveitably collects on a system which takes up the memory - just clean out your system tray and startup of all the helpers/assistants/monitor apps and clean your desktop as well - stick stuff in folders and if you have a 500Mb pic as your desktop background then reduce the size of that as well

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:25 pm
RobGibraltar wrote:
this should run fine in 2gb, it's all the other rubbish which inveitably collects on a system which takes up the memory - just clean out your system tray and startup of all the helpers/assistants/monitor apps and clean your desktop as well - stick stuff in folders and if you have a 500Mb pic as your desktop background then reduce the size of that as well

all this is only relevant with things like roaming profile or virtualisation. i think you have done those too much recently. lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Non-Poker General Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: