Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
ukdannyb
Flush

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
I did the $20 trick at Excalibur and it worked Very Happy
kalbisal
One Pair

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
[quote="NevadaKaz"][quote="ThechipLeadV"]

For $69 I thought it was a steal, anything higher, I think there are better options. I would not pay more than $100/midweek night as I would prefer Wynn for $119 on the poker rate, or Bills for $70 on a non poker rate.

What is the "poker rate" and how am I able to take advantage of it? Do all hotels have a poker rate?
pickleman
Straight

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:28 pm
http://www.bluffeurope.com/poker-news...Pockets_7388.aspx

I've just put the above on the main forum, but I'll put it here too in case anyone's following and wants to know about the side Festivals in Vegas.

regards,

Pickleman.
ThechipLeadV
Smart-Arse

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:36 pm
Anyone fancy a bet on how many days I'll miss out on of my 8 days in August due to BA strike? I'll go for 8.
Rmaccov
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:59 pm
Anyone stayed in the Riviera?

Got a friend asking me whether he has a good deal for 2 weeks next April. 1400 flying from London (not sure if direct) and 2 weeks in The Riviera. Doesn't seem great to me.

Only been once myself so no expert but I thought it was usually better to book flights and hotel separate? Am I right/wrong? Told him I'd do a bit of research anyway.

TIA.
Jon MW
The British Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:22 pm
Even if you just put 2 weeks in April into Lastminute.com you get 900 for the Riviera - even if he's flying direct instead of indirect it's a bad deal

2010/11 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain
5 Star HORSE Classics - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:05 pm
I booked 18 nights staying at bills in the centre of the strip with direct flights on virgin for 850 during the WSOP

so no ;]

also by all accounts rivieria is a dump
DCSW7
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:27 pm
Jon MW wrote:
Even if you just put 2 weeks in April into Lastminute.com you get 900 for the Riviera - even if he's flying direct instead of indirect it's a bad deal

Yikes, I always thought LastMinute was cheap Shocked 1st - 18th April 2011 inc flights is only 750 on Expedia
Jon MW
The British Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:43 pm
DCSW7 wrote:
Jon MW wrote:

Yikes, I always thought LastMinute was cheap Shocked 1st - 18th April 2011 inc flights is only 750 on Expedia

realistically it can give a great deal - but it won't necessarily give one

Right time and right place and you'll get a really good deal - but generally speaking I just use it to find a benchmark price to compare to

2010/11 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain
5 Star HORSE Classics - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:11 pm
yer got to search them all, ebookers was the cheapest for me

travelocity is another one to check
ThechipLeadV
Smart-Arse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:32 pm
Grumbledook wrote:

travelocity is another one to check

I'm not playing devils advocate - just don't know. IIRC travelocity owns last minute (all those lovely phone calls I made in cinci) so would their prices be the same?
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:43 pm
you do get the same prices on various ones but dunno who owns who, so just checked them all anyway ;]
Rmaccov
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:08 pm
yeh it didnt seem like a good deal. Also wanted info on Riviera but i'd told him it was likely to be pretty shabby nowadays. Cheers grumble.

Anyone got a hotel recommendation for a 1st timer going with his girlfriend? Middle of the strip probably his best bet. Doesn't have to be budget.
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:18 pm
bills is where darren and I are staying, not been before but Ranny has and iirc he is staying there again this month as well

if it doesn't have to be budget then venetian, bellagio, caesars of perhaps paris, especially if he is taking the sand to the beach, I mean his girlfriend
Rmaccov
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:50 am
his 1400 deal was for both of them but still, if the hotel's a dump he's better elsewhere.

Told him to check the ones you mentioned grumble, cheers.

All this talk of vegas makes me wish i was going!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Non-Poker General Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: