Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
donkasaurus
Flush

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Does anyone think it is worth paying the extra for premium economy on virgin or would I be better off sticking with the pauper seats?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Also when do people think is the best time to go to vegas? I'm guessing not when the WSOP is in town but is there any particular 'good' time to go or does it kind of not matter?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:40 pm
donkasaurus wrote:
Does anyone think it is worth paying the extra for premium economy on virgin or would I be better off sticking with the pauper seats?

Depends on what the price differential is.

about 200 each way is worth it IMO

http://www.thehendonmob.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21042
NevadaKaz
Full House

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:42 pm
donkasaurus wrote:
Also when do people think is the best time to go to vegas? I'm guessing not when the WSOP is in town but is there any particular 'good' time to go or does it kind of not matter?

Depends on what you are looking for.

AVN is in Jan and Spring Break in March if you wanna oggle hotties.

June-ish is WSOP.

September is a great month for weather, august not so much.

December has NFR and a friendly crowd.

NY eve can be pretty hectic.

http://www.thehendonmob.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21042
Simon Galloway
Full House

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:55 pm
donkasaurus wrote:

Definitely worth tinkering with on their website.

For instance, for my dates, it was cheaper to go PE out and Econ back than it was an Econ round trip. Go figure! A little more tinkering and a few repeat visits later, I have PE round trip for the same money as econ. A few others on the flight could have had the same if they had done a little digging, but I suspect that many wouldn't think to look.

Downside is that the Gatwick planes have dated PE cabins. However, if you make sure you get seated upstairs, its nice and quiet and not too bad ~ you can usually win the immigration stampede too.

The same goes for hotel rooms atm, suites can be had for cheaper than a standard room in the same hotel! Well worth a little time online rummaging around imo.
mikeydread
Trips

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:50 pm
I'm going Vegas in October - what are the chances that the Virgin Economy flights will come down in price between now and then?? They are about 500 return at the moment....
ThechipLeadV
Smart-Arse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:11 pm
Pound strengthening. Don't know the exact prices atm but based on my works computer system it has updated it from the usual 1.49 that it has been for a while to 1.65

Last edited by ThechipLeadV on Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:14 pm
isn't that weakening ;o
ThechipLeadV
Smart-Arse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:27 pm
Grumbledook wrote:
isn't that weakening ;o

ups - fix'd. I meant pound strengthening against the dorrar.

In fairness I needed a dump and was rushing it.

Quote:
I'm going Vegas in October - what are the chances that the Virgin Economy flights will come down in price between now and then?? They are about 500 return at the moment....

Don't know anything for sure but with BA running direct flights out of London from October that might help drive prices down?
Simon Galloway
Full House

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:04 am
mikeydread wrote:

Depends on how flexible your dates are. For instance this nearly fits the bill.

There will be other sales between now and then (based on historic) but to get the best you might have to consider moving dates or going via LA ~ all depends what they throw out there.
ThechipLeadV
Smart-Arse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:43 pm
A load of my mates are looking to go in May next year - I can't really afford it what with just buyign a house and all, however been looking at trying to go cheap. Have enough airmiles to pay for the flights - for like 8 days the IP looks pretty good at around 250 for the duration. That was first look and haven't played around with dates or looked at any other sites.

What do people think of IP that have stayed there? I've been spoilt by staying at MGM before, however if I can share the room with a mate - about 125 for flights and 8 days in Vegas ain't too shabby - hope for a decent bonus in April to sort out the spending money Wink

2 of the blokes that I know out of the group that I know the best haven't been before, so would love it I think - as they just want the room as somewhere to crash, but will I be too spoilt from MGM experiences?

Hopefully I won't spend much time in my room, however if I tilt too much money away I won't have Grumble around to sit in a room with to watch the Little League World Series. Crying or Very sad
Ranny
Full House

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:52 pm
ThechipLeadV wrote:
A load of my mates are looking to go in May next year - I can't really afford it what with just buyign a house and all, however been looking at trying to go cheap. Have enough airmiles to pay for the flights - for like 8 days the IP looks pretty good at around 250 for the duration. That was first look and haven't played around with dates or looked at any other sites.

What do people think of IP that have stayed there? I've been spoilt by staying at MGM before, however if I can share the room with a mate - about 125 for flights and 8 days in Vegas ain't too shabby - hope for a decent bonus in April to sort out the spending money Wink

2 of the blokes that I know out of the group that I know the best haven't been before, so would love it I think - as they just want the room as somewhere to crash, but will I be too spoilt from MGM experiences?

Always a fairly honest appraisal

http://www.cheapovegas.com/index.php

Hopefully I won't spend much time in my room, however if I tilt too much money away I won't have Grumble around to sit in a room with to watch the Little League World Series. Crying or Very sad
mikeydread
Trips

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:07 pm
Has anyone flown direct with BA yet?

What would you recommend - Virgin or BA??
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:39 am
I would be happy to fly with either, main difference is that BA fly from Heathrow whereas Virgin fly from Gatwick so providing the cost is similar I would choose Virgin for the nearest airport for me.
Simon Galloway
Full House

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:08 pm
Choice is always good.

BA = HRW VA = GTW

Price = whatever they quote you

Loyalty club = whichever one you want to have miles with

The major difference is if you upgrade. BA Club World is about the same cost as Virgin Upper. Virgin win this particular battle by a country mile ~ not even slightly close.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Non-Poker General Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: