Goto page Previous  1, 2 View previous topic :: View next topic  
Checkov
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:18 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
I think the sinbin be brought in for the cynical trip in the middle of the pitch stopping a counter attack, a yellow card is not enough. The commentators seem to be calling these fouls as "good fouls" and they're getting more prevalent, we don't want it to turn into Italian football.
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:20 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Checkov wrote:
I think the sinbin be brought in for the cynical trip in the middle of the pitch stopping a counter attack, a yellow card is not enough. The commentators seem to be calling these fouls as "good fouls" and they're getting more prevalent, we don't want it to turn into Italian football.

I am not sure that would be that bad. The italians did alright at the last world cup
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:46 am
darrensprengers wrote:
or not hand out yellow cards every five minutes for f-all. Nowdays a game can be clean as a whistle and have 8 yellows. The slightest mistimed challenge.

would be worse if we had continental referees
ThechipLeadV
Smart-Arse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:58 pm
darrensprengers wrote:
Checkov wrote:

I am not sure that would be that bad. The italians did alright at the last world cup

They had mainly Italians playing in the league though Wink
robhammer
Straight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:03 pm
Gary Lineker played an entire career without being booked. Is it really that hard to play for 90 minutes without picking up two?
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:33 pm
he also never tackled anyone ;o
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:55 pm
robhammer wrote:
Gary Lineker played an entire career without being booked. Is it really that hard to play for 90 minutes without picking up two?

not exactly a striker that tracks back. i was not sure he knew there was a goal at both ends
Rmaccov
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:03 am
I quite like the idea of a sinbin. Means the team you committed the offence against gets the benefit, rather than another who had nothing to do with it.

I think the Irish FA have proposed a sinbin rule whenever a player gets booked. The home nations all get a vote on it, and UEFA gets 4 votes I think. Any rule change needs min 6 votes. At the end of the day football refuses to modernise so I wouldn't hold my breath on any changes like this. I think one stumbling block to rule changes in football is the fact that ALL football must comply, so putting a chip in a ball or some other goal line technology isn't possible for sunday league stuff. I'm sure there could be ways around this stuff though. Every other sport has modernised.
**RAYCAKE**
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:14 am
how thick are football players and its fans respectively nowadays
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:20 am
I hate the idea of the sin bin. I think its a ridiculous way to get round the refs making mistakes issue. I.e. i they make a mistake at least the guy comes back on. I would prefer the refs were better trained and try to eliminate the top end of the idiotic mistakes they make(David Elleray). Having said that i was against the back pass rule and the non active player offside rule so i don't have a good record in these things.
AngusD
Flush

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:33 am
There should be more red cards.
Which would lead to fewer red cards.
A straight red for what is anyway a futile ego trip at the ref would be a good start in restoring more respect to the game.
AngusD
Matt101
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:54 am
AngusD wrote:
There should be more red cards.
Which would lead to fewer red cards.
A straight red for what is anyway a futile ego trip at the ref would be a good start in restoring more respect to the game.
AngusD

Sin binnings would be a perfectly good way of cutting out the backchat imo, without destroying the game totally by sending someone off. The more I think about it the more I like the idea of sin binnings actually. It would be like a power play in ice hockey where the team with the advantage goes all out to make it count, giving the fans something to get worked up about and maybe breathing a bit of life into a dull game.

Also, no subsitutions allowed for the period of the sin binning. If you lose a central defender tough, you have to cope for 5 minutes or whatever (maybe make an exception for a keeper lol).
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:43 pm
no way outfield player in goal ftw
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Sports and Betting All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: