View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badlam
Two Pair

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
I am a bit thick, can someone who knows a bit about backing and laying pm me please.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Please Help. PLEEEASE.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:14 pm
In a nutshell:
On Betfair people are BACKING player to be top scorer in the C/L Final, I don't believe he will so do I LAY for the biggest odds I can?

Please help.

Please. Embarassed

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:19 pm
No, you back for the biggest odds you can get, and lay for the shortest odds you can get.

For example if a player to top score is anywhere from 10-1 to 8-1, you would want to back them at 10-1, so for a pound you would get 11 back, but you would want to lay them at 8-1, so incase player does top score you only pay out 9, instead of 11 if you laid at 10-1.

Hope that was some help.
Badlam
Two Pair

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:12 am
What if there is absolutley NO RISK WHATSOEVER of anybody but Kaka finishing as top scorer (he has 10 his nearest rival is Crouch with 6, and even though I am a Liverpool fan and would dearly love to see Crouch get 5, it ain't gonna happen) what is my best bet?
Player Back Lay
Kaka - 1.02
Crouch 85 280
Gerrard 100 990
Kuyt 1000 -
Bellamy 1000 -
Inzaghi 1000 -
Gilardino 1000 -

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:21 am
You would be best laying someone like Crouch, Gerrard etc. Like you say there is two chances of one of them scoring 5 goals in the final, slim and none. Backing Kaka doesn't really have much value, you are going to have to bet huge stakes to make any decent return at 1/50. If any punters are wanting to back Crouch, Gerrard or Kuyt, which I don't know why the would, I would lay them.
-NIGHTMARE-PEZ
Straight

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:12 am
1/50 on a dead cert is a good bet.
Freddy Flares
Straight

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:51 am
If there was absolutely no risk whatsoever of losing a bet why wouldn't you cash out all your personal assets and bet your entire life's savings?
-NIGHTMARE-PEZ
Straight

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:08 am
I have done, several times.

The chances of Gerrard and Crouch not scoring 4 in the European cup final are 1/500 not 1/50 making it a value bet.

AC Milan to win outright is a better bet though.
ArthurAttic
Straight

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:39 am
Badlam wrote:
What if there is absolutley NO RISK WHATSOEVER of anybody but Kaka finishing as top scorer (he has 10 his nearest rival is Crouch with 6, and even though I am a Liverpool fan and would dearly love to see Crouch get 5, it ain't gonna happen) what is my best bet?
Player Back Lay
Kaka - 1.02
Crouch 85 280
Gerrard 100 990
Kuyt 1000 -
Bellamy 1000 -
Inzaghi 1000 -
Gilardino 1000 -

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you think neither Crouch nor Gerrard have any chance whatsoever to win, then the better bet here would be to lay Crouch at 280. But you are going to need to have 280 in your account for every 1 in stake you accept. To lay Gerrard you will need 990 for every 1 you accept.

Good luck.
Badlam
Two Pair

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:30 am
Thank you all for the advice, I best not lay Luis Garcia at 1000 to 1 then!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: