View previous topic :: View next topic  
PJ752
High Card

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
I was reading some posts today in the poker forum. Below is one of several that I read with a similar theme. I was not a member but became one so that I could get this off my chest.

Original post:
This happened when I was in a cash game at the Sands in PA, USA. A guy under the gun puts his chips on top of his cards, and shoves everything over the line. Immediately I call it a fold and they call the floor over. The floor rules that he was 'protecting his hand' despite the fact he put both over the betting line. I'm arguing with the floor and the guy for at least 15 minutes that they were both wrong and he mucked his hand. I was not the only one at the table that called this a fold.

It is my opinion that this is what is wrong with poker. There is some angle-shooter, rules nit or some other obnoxious jerk at every table. Normal people with regular jobs that don't play poker for a living are turned off by actions like this. In this instance some "Rules Nit" is trying to screw an inexperienced player on a technicality. It appears from the post that the supervisor made the correct decision (best interest of the game) and stuck by his guns. What I dont understand is how this NIT is permitted to argue for 15 minutes.
I am 65 years old and have played poker most of my adult life. I have met a lot of very nice people.
However there is a disproportiate group of...
a) players whose game requires that they put others on tilt;
b) players that need to constantly prove they are the smartest person in the room;
c) players with no social skills/manners at all.

Obnoxious players are driving new players away. Poker management should be weeding them out.
chuckspduluth
High Card

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:23 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
47 years old; playing for 20+ years and could not agree more!
Poker is a competitive game with rules but also has an often ignored sense of etiquette.
saara
High Card

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:48 pm
You can not call the clock on a table which you are not playing. You could call the tournament director over and request play commence hand for hand for the best interest of the game. The tournament director would have the final say.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: