Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
placemat
Straight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Iv seen roland de wolf a couple of times now in Ireland on tele and can't believe he is considered a top player. I cant see him winning anything ever again. Does anybody out there think he is anygood? He might be a nice guy and iv never meet him so cant comment although seems pompous at best but a good poker player. Every now and then a lucky fish goes on a good run. For me his run has ended.
Rmaccov
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
placemat wrote:
Iv seen roland de wolf a couple of times now in Ireland on tele and can't believe he is considered a top player. I cant see him winning anything ever again. Does anybody out there think he is anygood? He might be a nice guy and iv never meet him so cant comment although seems pompous at best but a good poker player. Every now and then a lucky fish goes on a good run. For me his run has ended.

Laughing

Please nobody reply to this
joewhu1
Straight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:00 pm
He's won over $3.5 million in the last 3 years so he cant be that bad
Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:02 pm
placemat
Straight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:04 pm
ok.He must be good but as good has been made out? 2 of his 3 major events that have been on the box the luck was just unreal.Making bad plays and coming unstuck on the turn and river.
david bedweter
Two Pair

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:24 pm
placemat wrote:
ok.He must be good but as good has been made out? 2 of his 3 major events that have been on the box the luck was just unreal.Making bad plays and coming unstuck on the turn and river.

are u his shadow?
Royal Flush
Flush

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:37 pm
RunHotLagTard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:43 pm
shadow? Im saying the great amount of luck that has given him these large sums of money, any other day, would of made him another also ran. There are many players that keep getting final tables and get outdraws in with well the best hand and are not considered anywhere near the player Ronald is. Im sure Barney who seems to suffer this fate will agree.
Yorker
One Pair

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:33 pm
One of the many ridiculous threads on here these days.

Im sure he'll admit himself he's run hot recently, but has anyone ever won a tournament without being lucky?

To suggest a player with his track record in tournies is anything but an excellent player is nonsense.
mattpoker
Straight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:04 pm
'For me his run has ended'.

Event #47
No-Limit Holdem
Buy-In: $2,000
Number of Entries: 2,038

He came 6th. Guess you're right.
micky D
Straight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:33 pm
i have met him a few times through a relation of mine and i must say he was really nice , for someone who has won that amount of money he came over as just one of the boys .

he is well educated and was good to speak to , i didnt speak to him about poker wrong place wrong time but he made quite a good impression on me

i think he must be a good player , i think i would be with all those wins and cashes
every one has there opinion
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:30 pm
To be fair to placemat I have been thinking the same thing about Roland. Don't get me wrong to have acheived the success he has, he must have something to his game and has won more than i will ever win in a lifetime (or several lifetimes).
And another superb result at WSOP and he must be a very good player.

But from his recent play on tv he just appears to be a really bad player and I am left wondering how can he be as succesful as he is.
Maybe he doesn't want to give away the secret of his success on the telly?
Like Placemat I have never met him and can only go by the play I see on TV.
Jamie_Crichton
Full House

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:40 pm
Roll on the 07 WSOP video footage lol Cool
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:24 pm
Laughing
Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:30 pm
IMO Roland Dewolfe is in the top 3 NLH tournament players in Europe.

The guy has gears.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: