Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 View previous topic :: View next topic  
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
2 Shot lead...9 holes to play Shocked Popcorn
It was one of the privileges of my poker life to watch Barny win his bracelet, putting on a master class in front of an audience who would have run onto the stage and carried him over the ****ing line if thats what it was going to take. There is bracelets and there is bracelets. This was one of the very special ones...Padraig Parkinson
ReggieK
The Guvnor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Bloody choker Colin.
T3rd I see, what's payout on that mate?
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:37 am
ReggieK wrote:
Bloody choker Colin.

135 Reg, im choked really, he was cruising at the turn but then played the next 5 holes in 3 over.
It was one of the privileges of my poker life to watch Barny win his bracelet, putting on a master class in front of an audience who would have run onto the stage and carried him over the ****ing line if thats what it was going to take. There is bracelets and there is bracelets. This was one of the very special ones...Padraig Parkinson
hackett
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:42 am
the shiver wrote:
ReggieK wrote:
Bloody choker Colin.

135 Reg, im choked really, he was cruising at the turn but then played the next 5 holes in 3 over.

TBF he did that at the top of his game when it mattered.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:44 am
As above, cant help thinking weve missed a massive one here.
Not too often your odds on with a 50/1 shot but we was here with 9 to play
Still, being as big as he was price wise as well as man breast size it means the EW money wasnt too shabby, even birdied 16 and 17 to really annoy me and obviously bogeyed 18 going for the pin to make the play off.
Charles Schwaab cup next week as end of season tournie..be interesting to see what they price him up as.
Definite concerns with final 9 down the stretch on a sunday performance tho.

tied 3rd
10 @ 12.5/1 returns 135

current total - 70
hackett
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:03 am
I looked at the link earlier for the final round standings and there were a lot of very good names in amongst the list. Do you think he needs a season under his belt to understand the expectations required, or with his tee to green play he should be banging these old fcuks off the course?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:34 am
the shiver wrote:
ReggieK wrote:
Bloody choker Colin.

Bugger, you was on for a real good un, at least you got something though. Knowing bloody Monty it's a wonder he didn't shoot the last 2 holes in 12,14 Mr. Green
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:03 am
hackett wrote:
I looked at the link earlier for the final round standings and there were a lot of very good names in amongst the list. Do you think he needs a season under his belt to understand the expectations required, or with his tee to green play he should be banging these old fcuks off the course?

There was always going to be a period of transition, after all he only turned 50 midway through their season and relocating or spending most of your time in America must take some time to adapt.
As for on course, i cant speak for Monty but i DEFINATELY think the structure of a 54 hole tournie threw him for weeks..
Its more like a sprint, you simply cant have a bad round and because they sometimes play on resort courses par for these boys is 67-68.
So one bad round and your so far behind the 8 ball that u just dont have enough time to play "catch up" golf.
The standard is strong i mean Langer aside who is a freak of nature, people like Kenny Perry (should have won the US masters in 09 ), Vijay has just gone over still competitive on the reg tour and people hitting 50 each week just see $$$$ signs when they hit the magic 50.
Deffo an edge age wise tho..those first 3-4 years when you've hit 50 are massively + EV
The reality is..monty won bucketloads of tournies on the regular european tour won the order of merit 8 years on the spin, nearly won about 6 majors...yet never won one single tournament in his regular career ...in America.
Yet within 6 or 7 tournies hes knocking on the door..so their has to be something in the age thing aside from him being a top end player during his regular career.
Even after next week finishes...they are pricing Langer and Perry up single figures every week which makes people like Monty value at even 16/1 in my book because he will win tournies on this tour, not a doubt in my mind..keep ur eye on him when their season re-opens
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:02 am
Good effort, maybe next time. Cool
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:11 pm
http://www.pga.com/seniorpga/news/col...-round-senior-pga
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:24 pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/27570361

Beer Beer 16/1 Clap Clap[
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:46 pm
WP Cool
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:05 am
http://kfor.com/2014/07/13/colin-mont...-open-in-playoff/

dont mind that @ 14/1

2nd Major win of the year
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:04 pm
Heard that on the radio and wondered. WP Clap
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Sports and Betting All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: