Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brodders
Quads

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
I'm going to try to turn my current sports betting roll (2,460 held on Bet365 at the moment) into 10,000 in time for the WSOP next year. The plan being to take the current Mrs B and baby to Vegas and use the funds for a couple of buy-ins whilst trying the usual sats for the main event etc.

The summer is a great time for punting as the Scandinavian leagues and International games often provide big opportunities with a lot of bookies pricing up games based on stats rather than actual knowledge ! Each game will get a rating from 1-5 with 1 being speculative and 5 a banker (imo)

I'll also do various bets in play and will try to post these at the time that I do them.

I've started the ball rolling today with 4 games -

Burkino Faso to beat Niger @ 6/4 (2)

(I see Desmond managed to snap up 1.86 on this with SBObet !) - It's always a good tactic to try to avoid taking African teams to win away as it happens so rarely but Burkino Faso need to win to keep up their chances of qualification and are a better side than Niger who haven't scored in their last 6 games. It's not nailed on by a long way but 6/4 is good value.

Spain U21 to beat Germany U21 @ Evs (4)

Germany have a good side but had a disastrous beginning against the Netherlands. Their defence and goalkeeper were awful and it's left them in the unenviable position of having to win this game. Spain have brought some fantastic players and, although they don't have a great striker, there's a good chance that Morata of Real Madrid will start after coming on and scoring against Russia. I really like him as a player and think it will give them the cutting edge that the likes of Isco will enjoy playing with. Germany are a good side but if they defend like they did against Netherlands and the fact that they have to attack leaves them wide open to a frankly superior Spanish side. Evens is very nice thank you very much.

KooTeePee to beat OPS @ Evs (3)

As all devotees of the Finnish Ykkonen know, KooTeePee are a fantastic home side and an awful away side (for reasons that aren't really that clear !) They tend to take the lead and then sit on it and are extremely hard to break down. OPS are not a good side having made some big changes in their squad over the close season and travel a significant distance from the north to play this game (which is a big factor in Finnish games) For those of a gambling mind, taking 1-0 or a win to nil are interesting but for me Evens on the home win is a good bet.

Haka v SJK over 2.5 goals @ 21/20 (4)

These are the best 2 teams in the Ykkonen but you wouldn't think it the way that Haka are playing ! They have the best squad in the league having retained most of them from last year and when they click will score at will against anyone. Helpfully, SJK are also a fantastic attacking side but have a poo defence. Both sides know the importance of this game even this early in the season and I can see Haka really upping their game (they won their last match 3-0 so will bring in a bit more confidence). I'd hate to pick a winner as either one of these teams could score 4 goals in a game but getting odds against on over 2.5 goals is screaming out at me.

I've had the following bets -

4 x 20 Trebles and a 20 4-Timer
200 single on Haka v SJK

Depending on results, I may well take a single on the Spain game later on as well.
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
gl, though I'm not sure why you would want to take a baby with you to vegas, I'm sure some doting grandparents would love the chance to spend some time with the nipper while you are away ;]
Brodders
Quads

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:08 pm
Annoying game at Haka with a 1st half sending off ruining the chance of goals. I'm having a further single tonight on Spain to win. 220 @ 10/11
ReggieK
The Guvnor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:46 pm
Lol excellent, taking a baby to Vegas, bet he or she will love that while its father gambles away the money Rolling Eyes
Gl
Brodders
Quads

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:21 pm
ReggieK wrote:
Lol excellent, taking a baby to Vegas, bet he or she will love that while its father gambles away the money Rolling Eyes
Gl

Lol - the wife and baby are a package deal. Vegas is a great place for a holiday whilst I play a few WSOP events but I don't expect you to understand that. I'll send a postcard to the Braintree "Spoons" to let you know what it's like !

On a football note, how did Spain not start Morata ?!?! He's going to be a star...

Balance now - 2,560
TheBlueBoy
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:57 pm
Sweaty mate, checked with 5 mins to go and saw 0-0, out of jail Mr. Green
Brodders
Quads

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:03 pm
TheBlueBoy wrote:

Never in doubt Whistle Very Happy

Cheers fella
TheBlueBoy
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:45 pm
Brodders wrote:
TheBlueBoy wrote:

Never in doubt Whistle Very Happy

Cheers fella

Haha, record books only say 1-0, your roll don't say 86th minute, pity about the other one.
shAAAArkbait
Trips

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:38 pm
Gl with the challenge brodders

Will look out for some good tips Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:35 pm
shAAAArkbait wrote:
Gl with the challenge brodders

Will look out for some good tips Very Happy

yep enjoyed ur last thread, hope u run good!
mddgfc
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:34 pm
yippppeee glad this is back now i dont have to flip a coin so often!
Brodders
Quads

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:37 pm
Thanks to all for the kind remarks

I've had 260 @ 1.825 on Denmark -1.5 v Armenia tonight (3).

Armenia struggle to break down disciplined and hard working sides (see their home loss to Malta) and Denmark have to win this game to stay in the hunt for qualification. Denmark have also named a youthful side who'll have plenty of hunger.

This has 2-0 or 3-0 written all over it for me...
Brodders
Quads

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:56 pm
Brodders wrote:
Thanks to all for the kind remarks

I've had 260 @ 1.825 on Denmark -1.5 v Armenia tonight (3).

Armenia struggle to break down disciplined and hard working sides (see their home loss to Malta) and Denmark have to win this game to stay in the hunt for qualification. Denmark have also named a youthful side who'll have plenty of hunger.

This has 2-0 or 3-0 written all over it for me...

Shrewd... Embarassed
Brodders
Quads

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:51 am
After yesterday, thank god we've got a couple of games today to make it all back.

I've had 2 bets today -

400 on Spain U21 to beat Netherlands U21 @ 11/10 (5)

I like this an awful lot. Spain must surely have worked out by now that Morata is a better option than Rodrigo in the system that they play and even if they haven't, he'll come on and score because that's what he does ! Netherlands have the perfect profile in that they have been flattered by their 2 wins so far - they beat Germany through 3 terrible defensive errors and Russia let their heads go down after being behind with 10 men. They definitely have a good midfield and attack but their defence is poor and if they haven't got the ball (as they almost certainly won't for most of the time) they are going to struggle to hurt Spain.

Spain need to win this game as the group winners play Norway in the Semi-Final as opposed to Italy and Spain hate playing Italy at all levels (if it's a draw Netherlands win the group on goal difference). They are going to be extremely motivated and are going to have way too much quality for the Netherlands imo.

200 on Germany to beat Russia @ 19/20 (3)

Germany have done ok in the tournament but have got a bit of a calamitous goalkeeper who's cost them both games (maybe harsh re the Spanish game). They've brought some decent players and should have too much for a Russian team that look like they just want to go home. With Germany you're guaranteed that they will be trying their hardest in every game whether it means something or not.
mddgfc
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:18 pm
i know like me u use bet 365 a lot bud, but for this tourney stan james do some ok specials each day, total corners/cards/goals/fouls/throw ins etc across each game....also paddy power are now offering a lot more of the same markets as bet 365 and sometimes better prices, particularly at corners
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Sports and Betting All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: