View previous topic :: View next topic  
Random_poker_player
Straight

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:55 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
I've been working hard in Oz for the past few months and am tempted to fly over to Vegas for the wsop.
I'm looking for some help.

1) could you guys recommend a good hotel on the strip that's as reasonably priced as you can get on the strip, and give me an idea of price.
2) what medium buy in tourneys run?
3) how small do the cash games play ?

If anyone has been before, how much did you take with you.

Cheers Very Happy

P.s is anybody going?
SamJess
Straight

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
1.) Trivago it
2.) Massives amounts running Venentian/Caersars/GN/RIO/Binions + others. All running festivals which you can easily search for.
3.) NL Cash - In my experience it's Mainly 1/2 & 1/3 for NL on strip.

AllVegasPoker is your friend and apparently theres an app which I'll be searching for tonight.

How much? That depends.........Your normal Bankroll requirements apply.

Gonna be in Vegas for next 2 weeks. Drop me a line if you make and fancy a beer after the 30th May.
Random_poker_player
Straight

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:14 pm
Cheers mate that's a big help. I will have a look today and if I get there in the next few weeks will let you know.
DA Lion
Straight

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:09 pm
Strip hotels can be very different depending on what you are looking for. personally I like to be right in the middle so often stay at Ceasars which is quite top end for some reason, Maybe 1000 for the week. For middle of the road I would look at the Monte Carla or Harrahs which can turn out at around 40 per night. On a real budget I have stayed at Imperial Palace before. (Now called the Quad) Its prime location but pretty run down BUT 19 a night is awesome after all you only sleep there.

Loadsa tourneys for every pocket but remember the more expensive the hotel, usually the more expensive the buy-in.

GLGL

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:06 pm
Hope you dont mind me Hijacking your thread RPP, but I have a question also. I'm ticking one off the bucket list by going out to play in event 20 of this years WSOP. I notice you can pre-register on their website Has anyone done that, is there any advantage to it, and if you register at the venue how soon and late can you do that ?
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:22 pm
I wouldn't bother pre-regging mate, the WSOP events never sell out now and you just don't know what might happen between pre-reg and the start time. I don't think they give refunds.

Plus if you get to the WSOP cage you might find people selling chips won in satellites at a discount...
Pedro
Two Pair

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:56 pm
Thanks for the reply.
Straight

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:29 am
40 a night is wicked! I would love to stay at the bellagio but might have to wait a while for that one!
I think if I went I would have to play a wsop event... It's a toss up between playing a 1k event or trying to sat into a 5k or 10k event.
Ironworks1
Flush

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:02 am
On a budget Excalibur does the trick. Poker room is soft as you like also.

Have to say, I love the lively atmosphere in Imperial Palace - although a little down at heel, it's one of my favourite places to chill and gamble. I'd stay there if I was short on dough, no problem.

Stayed at Flamingo before too. Nothing special but well located. May be cheaper.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:31 pm
after being stuck out there for a few weeks during the ash cloud we got to stay at various hotels.....imo its always better to pay a little more for a better standard

excalibur....wouldnt go near it again
circus circus....there new rooms were fine, there old rooms were poor
planet holywood- liked this would defo go back, very lively, fastest waitresses on the strip!
wynn- lovely, security maybe an issue and lift gave me headaches

cant remember were else we ended up lol
mattsil666
High Card

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:31 pm
Am gonna be out there from 2nd June for 8 days. gonna be playing down Caesars and Golden Nugget. Heading out by self, so Am up for beers, and meeting some others. Let me know
Random_poker_player
Straight

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:13 am
Sounds good, i think my friend stayed at circus circus and said he thought it was"okay".
I probably wont make it there until the middle of june so would probably just miss you mate.
Im tempted to just book a one way flight and run very good Smile. Probably just become a resident of las vegas lol.
JayCbee1971
High Card

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:29 am
Hello

For a budget hotel (think the IP is being remodelled at the moment though if available always cheap and great location) is next door to the IP - Harrahs

I usually get some free nights with my Total rewards points from last time but even so you are looking at I believe the best value on the strip - some good low cost daily tournaments and perfect spot opposite Ceasars. Clean and tidy and close to my favorite other hotels...

AVP is the site to look at. By the way the Binions Sat PM tournament is good fun though there are so many to choose from up and down the strip and downtown between Binions and GN that you have something for every budget.

Personally I like to now stay downtown and play Binions a lot and then spend whole days on the Strip - its not exactly a million miles away and I enjoy the buzz of Fremont but I understand its horses for courses and people like to stay on the strip - I have before now stayed downtown and booked a night with my total rewards in harrahs foc because I could and bought a toothbrush then returned to my downtown hotel the following day without ever checking out !

All in all we all agree its a great place for a poker player

GL
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:53 am
http://www.thehendonmob.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21042

Probably out of date but might help.
Random_poker_player
Straight

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:35 am
Cheers guys, some good info there. I will let you know where I decide on
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: