Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 67, 68, 69  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjm8
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Anyone could set England up to be defensive, compact and hope for the best by snatching a goal on a counter or grabbing a goal at a set piece, in fact it is what England have been doing since Sven took over.

It has been a long time since El Tel and Hoddle at least tried to get England attempting to control the pattern of play.

After every tourney, everyone talks about how England need to be braver and change the way we play, but we always revert back to type and play as we are scared to lose. It's just like groundhog day.

England miss a big trick by treating friendlies as serious and that the results matter, they clearly don't for countries like Spain, Germany, Argentina etc. for them it is only the competitive matches which count. Yes we end up with an inflated world ranking of 7 in the world by not experimenting more, but also the manager (whoever is in charge), never learns anything new and when it comes to the big games, is scared to chuck an unknown into action, or try a different new system.

I also don't sustain to the theory that England do not have the players that can play a creative and attacking style of play, I have seen plenty of them doing the business at club football, but the England set up is just ultra negative and one dimensional.

The other problem I see is that I don't think playing for England is a priority anymore for some of the players.

Whilst men like Hodgson has any influence on the England team and for me most worrying, the grassroots of the English youth, then we are f**ked.
tjm8
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Indestructible wrote:
City have signed a player called Jesus, my prayers have been answered. Angel

Very good player, but has suffered in the past because he doesn't like travelling and gets home sick.

Will be interesting to see if he settles.
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:16 pm
tjm8 wrote:
Indestructible wrote:
City have signed a player called Jesus, my prayers have been answered. Angel

Very good player, but has suffered in the past because he doesn't like travelling and gets home sick.

Will be interesting to see if he settles.

Surely he can walk on water? Very Happy
It was one of the privileges of my poker life to watch Barny win his bracelet, putting on a master class in front of an audience who would have run onto the stage and carried him over the ****ing line if thats what it was going to take. There is bracelets and there is bracelets. This was one of the very special ones...Padraig Parkinson
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:55 pm
There must be a pun about crosses somewhere. Cool
TheBlueBoy
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:00 pm
Indestructible wrote:
There must be a pun about crosses somewhere. Cool

I was thinking about stigma.
robbie
Full House

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:40 pm
Nailed on to be a success. Rolling Eyes
TheBlueBoy
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:49 pm
robbie wrote:
Nailed on to be a success. Rolling Eyes

I was trying to be more subtle
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:45 am
Ukraine beat Montenegro 4-0 does that mean England are more likely to win the group or finish 3rd...
tjm8
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:48 pm
Indestructible wrote:
Ukraine beat Montenegro 4-0 does that mean England are more likely to win the group or finish 3rd...

The result now means it is in England's hand and If England win every game, they win the group, but now if Ukraine win every game they also would win the group. Key will probably be that Ukraine have to play England at home.

It should of been such an easy group as well.

Poland and Montenegro are not out of it either. IIRC one 2nd place finisher wouldn't even get a play off spot, I don't know what the comparisons are with other groups, but with quite a few draws already in this group, it may mean the team that misses out could be from these 4
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:58 pm
to the shock of no one:

Manchester City appoint Chilean coach Manuel Pellegrini as their new manager after he signs a three-year contract.
The Dean
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:58 pm
Grumbledook wrote:
to the shock of no one:

Manchester City appoint Chilean coach Manuel Pellegrini as their new manager after he signs a three-year contract.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him go after next season simply because of how high the bar has been set at the Etihad. Would be surprised to see Moyes take United to the title in his first season in the job. His lack of experience could cost them 10pts over the season and that will drag them down into the 70's points wise.

Chelsea are every bit as good as United and City in terms of squads but they haven;t had a settled season since they did the double under Ancelotti. Next season should see that change and I predict Chelsea for the league. If United are not going to win it then its either Chelsea or City for me.......stating the obvious but my prediction is CHELSEA!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:36 pm
I am going to wait to see who spends the most money / makes the best signings before trying to predict. City are currently in the best position though, as they have had a major upgrade of quality of manager and the strongest squad IMO.
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:38 pm
For me it is Uniteds to lose, but really going to need to see how many of these potential buys such as Ronaldo, Bale etc actually happen...
The Reverend
In Rhythm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:06 pm
Have a missed something or is tapping up now officially allowed by Fifa? Do they need to see a club's representative physically hurling cash at a target to take action?

Zinedine Zidane has urged Gareth Bale to make the next move if he wants to secure a transfer to Real Madrid.

Real have publicly expressed their admiration for Bale through president Florentino Perez and Zidanes overtures.

However, as of yet there is no clear indication from Bale that he would be willing to swap the Premier League for La Liga, although his agent claimed it would be hard to resist a move to a club of Reals size and status.

And now Zidane, a former Champions League and Primera Division winner with Los Blancos wants the Wales international to help engineer a path out of White Hart Lane if it interests him.

"I think Real Madrid have made their admiration of Gareth Bale very clear - and it has been made clear that we would not be put off by the cost of the player," Zidane is quoted as saying in the Sunday People newspaper.

"But if Gareth feels now is the time to move then he has to have a private discussion with his club and express that he wants to leave."

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/147...-decision?cc=5739
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:30 pm
Good point as Spurs would never tap up a player.... Angel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Sports and Betting All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 68 of 69

Jump to: