Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
BennettOnika
One Pair


Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
sheriffatman wrote:
I would ideally like to have an 'instant recall' memory of all previous hands played against a particular villain, so I could easily recognise certain spots/ betting patterns that come up in play and adjust accordingly, maximising my winnings.
(bit miffed I missed the comp, (had browser probs last couple of days) actually, as this book looks right up my alley - my memory is very poor and losing concentration/focus is a weakness in my game I am presently working on to eliminate/minimise avoidable mistakes)


You will take about 6 to 8 weeks to train, and your memory is not horrible, it is actually awesome you just don't know it yet. Why don't u email me as well and we can set up times to train.

Bennettonika@gmail.com
sheriffatman
Straight


Joined: 04 Apr 2010
Posts: 417

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
BennettOnika wrote:
sheriffatman wrote:
I would ideally like to have an 'instant recall' memory of all previous hands played against a particular villain, so I could easily recognise certain spots/ betting patterns that come up in play and adjust accordingly, maximising my winnings.
(bit miffed I missed the comp, (had browser probs last couple of days) actually, as this book looks right up my alley - my memory is very poor and losing concentration/focus is a weakness in my game I am presently working on to eliminate/minimise avoidable mistakes)


You will take about 6 to 8 weeks to train, and your memory is not horrible, it is actually awesome you just don't know it yet. Why don't u email me as well and we can set up times to train.

Bennettonika@gmail.com


wow - that was a quick response!
thanks, very much, bennett!
(e-mail to follow)
BennettOnika
One Pair


Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
sheriffatman wrote:
BennettOnika wrote:
sheriffatman wrote:
I would ideally like to have an 'instant recall' memory of all previous hands played against a particular villain, so I could easily recognise certain spots/ betting patterns that come up in play and adjust accordingly, maximising my winnings.
(bit miffed I missed the comp, (had browser probs last couple of days) actually, as this book looks right up my alley - my memory is very poor and losing concentration/focus is a weakness in my game I am presently working on to eliminate/minimise avoidable mistakes)


You will take about 6 to 8 weeks to train, and your memory is not horrible, it is actually awesome you just don't know it yet. Why don't u email me as well and we can set up times to train.

Bennettonika@gmail.com


wow - that was a quick response!
thanks, very much, bennett!
(e-mail to follow)



Yeas I don't mess around lol
gherkin
Trips


Joined: 21 Jul 2007
Posts: 109

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
BennettOnika wrote:
gherkin wrote:
Will let you know what I think once I've read it, looking forward to it.

I have a shocking memory and I massively rely on software like poker tracker, as well as note taking to remember how my opponents play. Whenever I play Stud live it reminds me just how much I rely on Stud Indicator to track the discarded cards - I find it really hard to concentrate 100% on the hand AND keep repeating the dead cards over and over in my head


This is a perfect example of the old rote memory.

I feel like training you on this just because I can have you working like stud indicator in no time. I predict in 2 weeks.

I will tell you what, my email is bennettonika@gmail.com I will show you a couple techniques and we will have you up and running in no time.

Email me and we will set it up, sound good?

Bennett Onika


Sounds good, I'll send you an email tmrw, just off out now!
BennettOnika
One Pair


Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
gherkin wrote:
BennettOnika wrote:
gherkin wrote:
Will let you know what I think once I've read it, looking forward to it.

I have a shocking memory and I massively rely on software like poker tracker, as well as note taking to remember how my opponents play. Whenever I play Stud live it reminds me just how much I rely on Stud Indicator to track the discarded cards - I find it really hard to concentrate 100% on the hand AND keep repeating the dead cards over and over in my head


This is a perfect example of the old rote memory.

I feel like training you on this just because I can have you working like stud indicator in no time. I predict in 2 weeks.

I will tell you what, my email is bennettonika@gmail.com I will show you a couple techniques and we will have you up and running in no time.

Email me and we will set it up, sound good?

Bennett Onika


Sounds good, I'll send you an email tmrw, just off out now!





Sounds good chat with you tomorrow
whammer
Full House


Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 1238
Location: ESSEX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:07 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
i have a shocking memory - in poker, in life

bennett, i'll probably buy your book anyway - but if you are looking for anyone else to train via e-mail, i'm most certainly interested

am i right in assuming techniques used will improve my memory full stop, not just in poker?

thanks in advance
_________________
Allardyce Out ! We want a FOOTBALL manager.
sheriffatman
Straight


Joined: 04 Apr 2010
Posts: 417

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:34 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
- ok, so class begins a fortnight-today at 5pm GMT (for me, anyway)
(back to school for sheriff!)
- really looking forward to this - just hope I don't embarrass myself too much!
- (mods,I really need a dunce's-cap emoticon here?) Very Happy

- gherkin - do you wanna link up, on here, and form a mini - 'study group' to discuss what we learn etc.?
(providing Bennett is ok with it?)
BennettOnika
One Pair


Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:56 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
sheriffatman wrote:
- ok, so class begins a fortnight-today at 5pm GMT (for me, anyway)
(back to school for sheriff!)
- really looking forward to this - just hope I don't embarrass myself too much!
- (mods,I really need a dunce's-cap emoticon here?) Very Happy

- gherkin - do you wanna link up, on here, and form a mini - 'study group' to discuss what we learn etc.?
(providing Bennett is ok with it?)


Of course I am ok with it! You won't embarrass yourself. I won't let you. After all, there are currently 4 people that I know that can track VPIP at a live table in the world. You will be the next few. You might have fears, don't. Your skepticism in your own abilities and this method are understandable. Within 2 weeks, this disbelief and skepticism will be turned into feelings of undeniable belief and excitement about your unearthed talents. Within 6 you will be human poker trackers, within 8 database builders.

The book is aptly named UNLEASH YOUR HIDDEN poker MEMORY for a reason. All we will be doing is unleashing what is already there.

I am excited, April 15 th training starts. Make sure you have your baseline exercise emailed to me and start your progress blog here, this will be fun.

Bennett Onika
BennettOnika
One Pair


Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:00 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
whammer wrote:
i have a shocking memory - in poker, in life

bennett, i'll probably buy your book anyway - but if you are looking for anyone else to train via e-mail, i'm most certainly interested

am i right in assuming techniques used will improve my memory full stop, not just in poker?

thanks in advance


Of course it will, and welcome aboard.

Email me to get started @ bennettonika@gmail.com

PS for all the Hendon Mob watchers out there, this will be a true test of my book as I met them through this post.

Good luck and get excited!

Bennett Onika
sheriffatman
Straight


Joined: 04 Apr 2010
Posts: 417

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
ok, so I posted a long piece the other day here, but somehow it disappeared - so just a quick update this time -

sheriffatman - 'Off the Leash' / 'One Man and his Blog' Smile

- firstly, I have never-ever counted cards, rarely played blackjack, and have a reputation for being pretty-forgetful, amongst my friends
(the ideal 'guinea pig' for bennett's system?)

- I did the 1st test, and was totally shocked to get the last card almost-correct after a few goes (could barely get the colour at first!)
(my initial thought was 7d, but I doubted myself, and changed to Ad - of course, it was the 7d!) [note to self: trust ya instincts, kid!]
- next go, I got it spot on! (5c)
(not at all sure how I did it though, I just seemed to 'zone in', if that makes sense; and when I tried to 'systematically' group the cards, as I dealt them, it didn't work!?)

- so, I can obviously do it, but am unsure of the process as yet (guess that's where bennett comes in, when we start)

- I suppose this proves what bennett said about the untapped potential of the memory!
(I was more sceptical of my ability to be trained,btw, bennett, rather than doubting your credentials/system)

Anyway, turned into another long post, so will wrap-up now ('thank-god', I hear ppl cry!Very Happy)

On board, and intrigued!
BennettOnika
One Pair


Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
sheriffatman wrote:
ok, so I posted a long piece the other day here, but somehow it disappeared - so just a quick update this time -

sheriffatman - 'Off the Leash' / 'One Man and his Blog' Smile

- firstly, I have never-ever counted cards, rarely played blackjack, and have a reputation for being pretty-forgetful, amongst my friends
(the ideal 'guinea pig' for bennett's system?)

- I did the 1st test, and was totally shocked to get the last card almost-correct after a few goes (could barely get the colour at first!)
(my initial thought was 7d, but I doubted myself, and changed to Ad - of course, it was the 7d!) [note to self: trust ya instincts, kid!]
- next go, I got it spot on! (5c)
(not at all sure how I did it though, I just seemed to 'zone in', if that makes sense; and when I tried to 'systematically' group the cards, as I dealt them, it didn't work!?)

- so, I can obviously do it, but am unsure of the process as yet (guess that's where bennett comes in, when we start)

- I suppose this proves what bennett said about the untapped potential of the memory!
(I was more sceptical of my ability to be trained,btw, bennett, rather than doubting your credentials/system)

Anyway, turned into another long post, so will wrap-up now ('thank-god', I hear ppl cry!Very Happy)

On board, and intrigued!



Ok very good do you have an approximate time it took you to do it?
Also, I want you to not look at the cards for 24 hours. Tomorrow I will ask you if you can recite them in order. Sound good?

You are right now using rote memory, tedious and takes a tremendous amount of effort. I am in the process of putting your lesson plans together. Stay tuned for an email.

BO
Shrekkery
High Card


Joined: 05 Apr 2012
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Hi Bennett,

I like the sound of the book and just looked on Amazon. Unfortunately, it isn't out until June. Sad
Is what you're teaching to the volunteers, in the book?
If so, I will pre-order.
Thanks.
Grumbledook
Royal Flush


Joined: 25 Dec 2003
Posts: 16061

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
thanks sheriffatman, I'm following with interest
BennettOnika
One Pair


Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Shrekkery wrote:
Hi Bennett,

I like the sound of the book and just looked on Amazon. Unfortunately, it isn't out until June. Sad
Is what you're teaching to the volunteers, in the book?
If so, I will pre-order.
Thanks.



Yes, the techniques i will be going through are all in the book save the stuff on stud. I have to do some special stuff there, but other than that all will be in there. Plus i make myself available for all my supporters, well as long as i can. If you have any questions or if you want to learn specific ideas that arent covered we can work on it together.

Thanks again.

BO
sheriffatman
Straight


Joined: 04 Apr 2010
Posts: 417

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
BennettOnika wrote:
sheriffatman wrote:
ok, so I posted a long piece the other day here, but somehow it disappeared - so just a quick update this time -

sheriffatman - 'Off the Leash' / 'One Man and his Blog' Smile

- firstly, I have never-ever counted cards, rarely played blackjack, and have a reputation for being pretty-forgetful, amongst my friends
(the ideal 'guinea pig' for bennett's system?)

- I did the 1st test, and was totally shocked to get the last card almost-correct after a few goes (could barely get the colour at first!)
(my initial thought was 7d, but I doubted myself, and changed to Ad - of course, it was the 7d!) [note to self: trust ya instincts, kid!]
- next go, I got it spot on! (5c)
(not at all sure how I did it though, I just seemed to 'zone in', if that makes sense; and when I tried to 'systematically' group the cards, as I dealt them, it didn't work!?)

- so, I can obviously do it, but am unsure of the process as yet (guess that's where bennett comes in, when we start)

- I suppose this proves what bennett said about the untapped potential of the memory!
(I was more sceptical of my ability to be trained,btw, bennett, rather than doubting your credentials/system)

Anyway, turned into another long post, so will wrap-up now ('thank-god', I hear ppl cry!Very Happy)

On board, and intrigued!



Ok very good do you have an approximate time it took you to do it?
Also, I want you to not look at the cards for 24 hours. Tomorrow I will ask you if you can recite them in order. Sound good?

You are right now using rote memory, tedious and takes a tremendous amount of effort. I am in the process of putting your lesson plans together. Stay tuned for an email.

BO


- ok, apologies, but unfortunately, I have just now seen your reply, as I wasn't online at all last night.
(it took me no more than 20 mins to do the 1st test, bennett, and then I left it and tried again next day) (correct again)
- can we do the next one tomorrow, after I have tried it tonight?
- sorry if it seems I am messing you about. (damn time zones/different lifestyles)
(I assure you I am not, at least not intentionally anyway)
- was gonna order the book from amazon today, but now see it's not out here yet Crying or Very sad

- I don't want to contradict teach, but are you certain that was rote memory I was using?
(see bold section) - I didn't consciously register all the cards, and this somewhat confused me tbh (or have I just done it wrong?)
(hope I'm not doing your head in with all the questions)
- cheers bennett, hopefully speak to you soon.

[JOKE CLAUSE] - anyone who is easily offended or narrow-minded, please look away,there is nothing to see here Mr. Green

- Dook, I've never had followers before - you can be my first disciple, if you like?
("grumble, you are my rock")
Very Happy
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum