Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
madride
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:17 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
peterH wrote:
So if one of Rangers/Celtic managed to get relegated naturally, do you think they'd fix it so it didn't happen, to salvage TV money?

Obviously that couldn't happen but they did come out a couple of days ago and say they would try to block any attempt by Rangers to join the SFL and any NewCo would have to reapply to the SPL. I don't understand the reasoning behind that.

I maintain though without either of the OF the SPL as we know it would die, i'm sure it's part of the TV contract that SKY/ESPN will only televise while both sides are in the league. Scottish clubs don't need us but they do need the money to survive and the payday that comes with playing either side 4 times a year. They constantly say they'll be better off without us but financially a lot of teams would go to the wall, it's pretty straight forward

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:20 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
The SFA have also completed an investigation into Whyte's takeover and are making a statement later today. Await the results with interest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:36 am
Indestructible wrote:
The more you hear the more it is a mess. What is the likelihood of them actually revoking league title wins over this as mentioned in the press today?

This won't happen I can guarantee it. They've invented some story about players having 2 contracts which is lies. The players involved at the time have came out and said as much inviting them to look into their financial records to prove it. Why they're still going on about it I have no idea. Celtic fans are a strange breed, obsessed with Rangers and making up lies about them, spreading it among themselves until they accept it as the truth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:22 pm
madride wrote:
Celtic fans are a strange breed

QFT
GIRUY
One Pair

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:50 pm
madride wrote:
Celtic fans are a strange breed, obsessed with Rangers

The irony is far from lost on me!!! You refer to Celtic practically every time you post something, yet it is "them" that are obsessed??? excellent.

It is only very recently that you have even been able to type the word Celtic, previously it was always Celt*c or some other term. So to me, the bigotry runs so deeply that you are now that accustomed to it that you cant even see it!

The sectarian chanting has far from gone from Rang*rs fans. (you see what I did there? Mr. Green ) Just read any media report from the recent home game against Killie to confirm that......(who is the f*enian in the black ring a bell?? & dont insult my intelligence by stating that it is a small minority.

For the record I am not stating that Celtic are any better with the offensive chanting. However it is not blatantly sectarian like Rangers fans, political yes, but I can understand that people may not agree with that political opinion, & has no place at a football ground. I do not wish to argue the political situation with someone who doesn't understand exactly what they are referring to either!!!

But I thought that the title of this thread was "Rangers in crisis." Yet you keep trying to sidetrack it onto Celtic.

I have been a lurker on this forum for a long time, & read many of your ignorant & blatant lies regarding Celtic. I have enjoyed seeing Rangers struggle recently, & long may it continue. But at the end of the day, this is only a poker forum, its not life or death, & I have neither the inclination or time to get into a flame war with someone with your ignorance at the end of the day.

So to finalise I could wish you good luck, but if I did I would be lying. But I do hope you enjoy the party at the next Celtic - Rangers game, because I know I certainly will. Enjoy the future of your club

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
madride
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:52 pm
That's better I didn't think I was getting a reply.

Yeah you're partly right I normally write Celtc, a little joke amongst Rangers fans about the banner your fans had at Hibs a few years ago when you mis-spelled your own name. Sorry to ruin your idea of me being a bigot for mis-spelling a word though. Why do you throw the bigot word about so much anyway? I should really tell my catholic Celtic supporting fiancee she'd probably cancel the wedding if she knew the truth.

I read the reports on the Killie game I'm not denying there are still issues with singing, as opposed to dressing it up in "political singing" like you seem to do. I don't agree with the f*nian word and wouldn't use it myself and it has no place at Ibrox although your fans sing it every week in "Paddy Mcourts" f*nian army" so what's the deal there?

Let's hear some of my blatant lies about Celtic then you can't just state that without backing it up. What was with the long time lurker anyway, did you not have the balls to challenge me at the time rather than compile a list and bring it up just now?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:57 pm
madride wrote:
That's better I didn't think I was getting a reply.

Yeah you're partly right I normally write Celtc, a little joke amongst Rangers fans about the banner your fans had at Hibs a few years ago when you mis-spelled your own name. Sorry to ruin your idea of me being a bigot for mis-spelling a word though. Why do you throw the bigot word about so much anyway? I should really tell my catholic Celtic supporting fiancee she'd probably cancel the wedding if she knew the truth.

I read the reports on the Killie game I'm not denying there are still issues with singing, as opposed to dressing it up in "political singing" like you seem to do. I don't agree with the f*nian word and wouldn't use it myself and it has no place at Ibrox although your fans sing it every week in "Paddy Mcourts" f*nian army" so what's the deal there?

Let's hear some of my blatant lies about Celtic then you can't just state that without backing it up. What was with the long time lurker anyway, did you not have the balls to challenge me at the time rather than compile a list and bring it up just now?

One post, how many references to Celtic? & yet still, Celtic fans are the obsessed ones? Superb.....take the blinkers off!

Who you marry is your own business....... I'm not a bigot, my best friend is black/ white/protestant/Catholic/Jew etc etc etc., seen it a hundred times before,but not sure how that proves anything at all. If I recall correctly I think that Luis Suarez went down a somewhat similar path recently.

I didn't dress it up as "political singing", I stated it wasn't sectarian, but also that it had no place at a football ground. Just to re-iterate & make sure you understand this time, THERE SHOULD BE NO PLACE AT A FOOTBALL GROUND FOR ANY OFFENSIVE CHANTING. So where is the dressing up???? I am also well aware of what is & isn't offensive, & can use my own judgement on that without needing to refer to some song list to see if it offends or not like you stated. If you think it might offend, don't sing it, simple!!!!!

I could explain to you the correct definition of what a "fenian" is, & why it is so laughable that Rangers fans use it as an insult, but that would only be to educate you, & that is a much bigger job than I am willing to put any effort into.

Tit-for-tat, I will make some reference, you will feel the need to respond & mention Celtic fans at least 5 times per post & it will continue on & on. It's really boring actually I'd imagine for 99% of this forum, including myself. I regret getting involved in a flame war with you, from now on I will continue to just stick to my "shitty photoshops" if that is ok with you?.....about Rangers......in the Rangers in crisis thread.....may I have your permission, or do I have to ask all "the people"? You are still the people, am I right? If they strip Rangers of titles that they cheated to win, can they strip that title of you also, something more catchy perhaps, "We are the cheats" has a better ring to it I think

& you have me well sussed, I just didn't have the balls to challenge some random person on some random thread on some random poker forum previously. That must make me really weak eh?? If we are gonna do this challenge right, can I bring my dad with me also? I bet he is bigger than yours......ffs!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

over to you, tell your fiancee I apologise for taking up your time to respond & ignoring her, cos you do feel the need to respond & get the last word, right?????? & how many times will you refer to Celtic in it? or will you call my bluff & not mention Celtic at all until.....well at least your next post anyway. But you are not obsessed, & don't let me or anyone else tell you otherwise.
madride
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:15 pm
I was replying to your post so don't really see what you're getting at with me mentioning Celtic so many times. You tried to say I was a bigot for spelling the word Celtic wrongly so I thought my example of why I'm not was a pretty reasonable bit of evidence or should I just not defend myself?

Fair play with the chanting I clearly never read it properly I'll give you that one. No need to "educate" me thanks not sure I could handle the arrogance of another one of your posts.

We can agree on one thing though it is boring for me, you and everyone else so no real point arguing on about it. Feel free to hit me with some more photoshops just make them a bit funnier?

One simple question though please explain how we cheated to win our titles? Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:50 pm
eye n eye wrote:
madride wrote:
Celtic fans are a strange breed

QFT

you knew it was coming

iTerror
Two Pair

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:14 am
The alarming thing about the financial troubles at Rangers is this tax case. I understand there's been a new unpaid bill of several million since your new owner took over. However, the main tax bill that HMRC are fighting for is due to these pay trusts that Rangers used, correct? I could be wrong here but i'm sure i've read it's about these.

Now here's the problem. The majoroity of the biggest clubs in Britain use these methods in some way or another. It isn't uncommon and isn't illegal from my reading. I know for a fact my club use them and have done for a while. What i can't understand is why Rangers have been targeted. It seems to me like there making a strong point outside of English football because it's an easier target no? I seem to remember a while back that 3/4 clubs were raided for any financial wrong-doing; i believe those clubs were Rangers & Newcastle (forgot the others). If that is true, then are they going to follow through with other clubs? I think we have massive problem in football if Rangers are liable to pay back that tax, because i know for a fact my club would be liable to millions as well, and so would other big clubs around.

There was a football owner on Sky Sports recently (i forget his name) who was talking about Portsmouth & Rangers and he made the point about these trusts too. He said he had never personally used them and they were mainly for the bigger clubs. So it is no secret.

I'd like them to try and take our titles off us. Rolling Eyes
Indestructible

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:25 am
As they didn't take Pompeys FA cup win off them I think you are safe. Wink
madride
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:57 am
iTerror wrote:
The alarming thing about the financial troubles at Rangers is this tax case. I understand there's been a new unpaid bill of several million since your new owner took over. However, the main tax bill that HMRC are fighting for is due to these pay trusts that Rangers used, correct? I could be wrong here but i'm sure i've read it's about these.

Now here's the problem. The majoroity of the biggest clubs in Britain use these methods in some way or another. It isn't uncommon and isn't illegal from my reading. I know for a fact my club use them and have done for a while. What i can't understand is why Rangers have been targeted. It seems to me like there making a strong point outside of English football because it's an easier target no? I seem to remember a while back that 3/4 clubs were raided for any financial wrong-doing; i believe those clubs were Rangers & Newcastle (forgot the others). If that is true, then are they going to follow through with other clubs? I think we have massive problem in football if Rangers are liable to pay back that tax, because i know for a fact my club would be liable to millions as well, and so would other big clubs around.

There was a football owner on Sky Sports recently (i forget his name) who was talking about Portsmouth & Rangers and he made the point about these trusts too. He said he had never personally used them and they were mainly for the bigger clubs. So it is no secret.

I'd like them to try and take our titles off us. Rolling Eyes

Yeah the "big" tax case that HMRC are pursuing is for 49m relating to the use of EBT's (Employee Benefit Trusts) between 2001 and 2010 and unpaid taxes on these. I don't know enough about other clubs who use them also to say if the taxes were paid or are also outstanding. It was said at the time though that Rangers were being used as a test case and depending on the result other clubs would follow.

As for stripping titles it's just wishful thinking on some peoples part, not content with the titles between 2001 and 2010 they're concoting a story to go even further back, "coincidentally" back when we won 9 in a row. I'll be very surprised if anything comes of it. I'll also be surprised if I can get a reply as to why apparently we've cheated

In other new Steven Whittaker and Steven Naismith have taken a 75% wage cut which will hopefully help with the 1 million a month the administrators are trying to save

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:47 am
Yeah it's stupid. You's haven't cheated and won't have titles stripped off you. If you's have then my team, and many others will be declared as cheats also, and in effect, have titles stripped too. It's an absolute joke. These trusts aren't against the law and are purely used to save money on tax. The HMRC have known for years that club uses these tactics yet have to wait until clubs rack up major bills which are obviously impossible to pay back? The people who should be facing job losses are the ones at HMRC who have clearly failed their positions.

I'd be surprised if you's didn't win that tax case. After doing a bit of research, it seems your previous owner is still been given legal advise that your outcome is favourable. But the downside is, your club can't prosper or move on until all this is resolved. It's a shame.

I've always seen Rangers as the biggest club in Scotland, and whether they win this tax case or not, they'll be back to dominate the league in due course, of that i'm certain.
madride
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:10 am
The fault lies with David Murray as the previous owner who ran the debts up then disappeared into the night although Craig Whyte if it was possible has made things even worse in the 9 months since he took over. I can't really blame HMRC they're just claiming what they're owed although I think things are personal between them and Whyte. The rumour is (and it's just a rumour) that they'll be happy to agree a settlement but only if Whyte is no longer the owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:13 am
All wage cuts now agreed as well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17308715
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 15 of 19

Jump to: