Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 View previous topic :: View next topic  
sundance
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Thr rules were made clear for this part of the forum so I won't risk a band by telling my Koresh stories, but will save them for a rainy day Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
So let's see...

A well known poker player in The Vic.
Nips Willie Tan (my how times have changed.)
Has a roulette habit and gambles the lot.
Binks it and doesn't leave an 'appreciation' (my how times have changed - nowadays he would have a cast iron story why he couldn't let me have the grand back for a few days..)
Hot foots it straight out of Dodge City.

OK Joe, I have got a shortlist down to 74 players, you are going to have to give me another clue...
sundance
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:01 pm
Simon Galloway wrote:
So let's see...

Binks it and doesn't leave an 'appreciation' (my how times have changed - nowadays he would have a cast iron story why he couldn't let me have the grand back for a few days..)

OK Joe, I have got a shortlist down to 74 players, you are going to have to give me another clue...

Hes rude...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:21 pm
sundance wrote:
Simon Galloway wrote:
So let's see...

Hes rude...

Nick S?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:14 pm
Versus short stack, 1200 already in the pot, a mentalist shoving, the third best starting hand in hold 'em, don't see how you have an argument to fold if you want to win the thing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:40 pm
whammer wrote:
Versus short stack, 1200 already in the pot, a mentalist shoving, the third best starting hand in hold 'em, don't see how you have an argument to fold if you want to win the thing.

It's a shove/call.The prize structure is so top heavy so it's not much of a decision imo.The shortstack is wide and the sb may be isoing wide.I'm not impressed by the call by Jac Arama unless he's slow playing AA\KK.
zebediah
Freed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:11 pm
evelyn wrote:
whammer wrote:

It's a shove/call.The prize structure is so top heavy so it's not much of a decision imo.The shortstack is wide and the sb may be isoing wide.I'm not impressed by the call by Jac Arama unless he's slow playing AA\KK.

Jac was "any two" every hand in that series, he could have been calling with a small suited connector.

Def best series ever, may not have aged well if repeated, but for it's time just immense. Also devilfish was cool and Ram wore shell suits Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:01 pm
You can now watch this hand in it's entirety on You Tube:

Link
fraac
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:30 pm
You were the coolest, Joe.
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:54 pm
aramas call is really bad. Koresh checks his hand before it gets to him and you can see he has something big. awful tell miss from arama there. A 10 fold.

Is arama a good player. i have never heard of him. Are these players still playing?
evelyn
Quads

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:12 am
CO Shove fine.
BTN Marginal.Isoing/calling/folding not terrible.
SB Easy shove
BB Easy call

I think Jac was hoping for some co-operation play when he limped in.
zebediah
Freed

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:36 pm
darrensprengers wrote:
aramas call is really bad. Koresh checks his hand before it gets to him and you can see he has something big. awful tell miss from arama there. A 10 fold.

Is arama a good player. i have never heard of him. Are these players still playing?

Jac was loose aggressive before most people knew what it was, so was rarely put on a hand.
Since loose agg became more popular he tightened up I think, he went deep while back in the WSOP I think, good threads.

http://www.thehendonmob.com/forum/vie...t=jacs+main+event

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: