Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Goalkeepers: Green (West Ham), Hart (Man City), James (Portsmouth). Defenders: Bridge (Man City), A Cole (Chelsea), R Ferdinand (Man Utd), Jagielka (Everton), G Johnson (Portsmouth), Terry (Chelsea), Upson (West Ham), L Young (Villa). Midfielders: Beckham (LA Galaxy), Barry (Villa), Carrick (Man Utd), Downing (Middlesbrough), Lampard (Chelsea), Milner (Villa), Wright-Phillips (Man City), A Young (Villa). Forwards: Agbonlahor (Villa), C Cole (West Ham), Crouch (Portsmouth), Heskey (Villa).

Not one Arsenal or Spurs player in the squad! Smile
Checkov
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Or Liverpool.
duds
Two Pair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:12 am
or watford
barmybadger
Closet Gooner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:20 am
3 pompey Razz
Closet Gooner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:22 am
capello obv knows what he's doing
King of Canada

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:32 pm
2-0 Spain
hackett
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:50 pm
The gap between the two teams is massive.

I know we are without some key players but Spain are a cut above by a country mile.

Iniesta/Xavi (Backed up by Xlonso/Senna) picking there way through the midfield to feed Torres/Villa, really impressive stuff.
Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:54 pm
Iniesta and Xavi have played 100's of games together. Carrick and Barry have played less than 5 together.

Makes a difference.
hackett
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:03 pm
Nemesis wrote:
Iniesta and Xavi have played 100's of games together. Carrick and Barry have played less than 5 together.

Makes a difference.

Agreed it does make a big difference.

My point was around how impressive the Spainish teams overall technical ability and ball retention is. Even as individuals they appear to be far superior in almost every single position compared with England.
Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:11 pm
hackett wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Makes a difference.

Agreed it does make a big difference.

My point was around how impressive the Spainish teams overall technical ability and ball retention is. Even as individuals they appear to be far superior in almost every single position compared with England.

Their defence has been no better than ours tonight. The goal was very fortunate to say the least.
Matt101
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:50 pm
David Pleat putting me on tilt as usual lol. Apparently Sergio Ramos 'doesn't normally go forward and create'. There was me thinking he was one of the best attacking full-backs in the game. And his shot just before half-time was probably a cross?? Also, that Inienesta looks a good player, I've not heard of him before Rolling Eyes

Spain just scored a second. Hopefully this will bring us down to earth, no way we can compete with the best teams in the world right now.

edit - Pleat does seem like a better poker player than Ramos though Very Happy
barmybadger
Closet Gooner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:17 pm
just drop downing and i will be happy
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:23 am
[quote="Matt101"]Also, that Inienesta looks a good player, I've not heard of him before Rolling Eyes

He is a quality player he is a key player for barcelona and spain over the last 3-4 years.(No disrespect here matt) the only reason you can not of heard of a player of this quality is you don't have good knowledge of football or it could be that he gets overshadowed by messi eto'o henry at barcelona and by torres villa xavi for spain ive watched barcelona a fair bit over the years and know this lad is quality.
Matt101
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:45 am
[quote="Whu4life"]
Matt101 wrote:
Also, that Inienesta looks a good player, I've not heard of him before Rolling Eyes

He is a quality player he is a key player for barcelona and spain over the last 3-4 years.(No disrespect here matt) the only reason you can not of heard of a player of this quality is you don't have good knowledge of football or it could be that he gets overshadowed by messi eto'o henry at barcelona and by torres villa xavi for spain ive watched barcelona a fair bit over the years and know this lad is quality.

Is that Iniesta or Inienesta you're on about? Razz
AngusD
Flush

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:15 am
anastasia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Sports and Betting All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: