View previous topic :: View next topic  
dan0956
Straight

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:49 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
I was toying with the idea of playing it last night (11pm) start, there were over 2000 people entered, including about 20 "known full-tilt players" i.e Matusow etc..

In the end i decided im not playing it as basically its a lottery and things like that dont happen to me.

Anyway this morning i woke up and just thought ide check the results, and i ran the final 10 through sharkscope and to my suprise this is what i discovered........... (bare in mind last nights results hadnt hit sharkscope yet)

of the final 10, 9 of the 10 players were losing players according to sharkscope. losing between 1000-4000$. the only player in profit was only in profit by $50.

Lessons learned....

1) Dont matter who you are or how well you are known, tournies like this are a crap shoot.

2) anyone can win

3) first prize was $168,000. and some guy who has played about 40 games and is in the red won, if he can, then so can i
SlowThinker
Full House

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:54 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
dan0956 wrote:

3) first prize was $168,000. and some guy who has played about 40 games and is in the red won, if he can, then so can i

To be fair 40 games is hardly a representative sample. I'm new to ft and my stats so far are pretty poor, yet on the 2 other sites I play at I'm a winning player. There's a good chance people will join FT solely to play tournaments like these leading to skewed statistics on sharkscope. I did play in the game last night, the standard was pretty high by what I saw though I admit I made a stupid semi bluff which took me out (I'd had no sleep as I qualified via a massive satellite the night before - but i know that's no excuse). I will however probably be playing the $500 main event as I liked the structure and although I busted out relatively early I did enjoy the game.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:19 am
this the $300 one? tell me about it...

1) how long were you in it for?

2) what hand you go out on?

3) any good players at your table?

4) why did you not sleep? anticipation of the event or late one last night playing it?
SlowThinker
Full House

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:29 am
I was in it for roughly an hour, I played ok-ish though in hindsight I made a couple of poor errors. I lost half my stack early on with AK on a K high flop, but went back up to 3000 chips later when I flopped a set of 7's. A few minutes before the first break I went out on a semi bluff with a ton of outs that I perhaps shouldn't have pushed with.

Players at my table all tended to be quite tight and conservative which at times I exploited but as I went out so early the blinds were inconsequential at that point.

I hadn't slept because I qualified via satellite, 2000 entrants top 72 through. The buy in was 2500 FTP but it started at 1am the previous night, I didn't get to sleep 'til nearly 6am and then I got woke up by 8 so with so little sleep I probably wasn't in the best frame of mind to play. Again in hindsight it was a stupid satellite to play but I was pretty bored that night & it was one of those things that seemed like a good idea at the time. In future I'll probably enter the $69+6 satellites or just stump up the buy in if I don't get through on the first or second attempt.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:33 am
cheers for that man. Im a cash game player really, but i am intreagued by these big tournies, ide love to win one it would change my life, but at $300 a go, its pretty costly
MrGrieves
Straight

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:33 pm
ok Slowthinker I got in via a scheduled 69+6 (My first attempt and got that ticket from a 24+2 too as well Cool ). Was 19 people in so top two got in and third some money, better than the 69+6 sit and go imo, which look a bit all or nuffin'. So I'll see you there yeah?!
Raffel69
Full House

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:21 am
If you check some of the well known pros at sharkscope, they are shown as losing players.
Even the badest player can win with a good hand, and even the best player can lose against a donkey/callingstation/whatsoever.
It's not all about statistics and rankings.
It's about what happens when you play.
There are way too many of these "his sharkscope rating is bad, he must be a fish" thinkers out there. Bring em on I say, I love these guys.
Rather judge a player by his actions at a table, than on his stats on some incomplete site.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:59 pm
dan0956 wrote:
Anyway this morning i woke up and just thought ide check the results, and i ran the final 10 through sharkscope and to my suprise this is what i discovered........... (bare in mind last nights results hadnt hit sharkscope yet)

These results don't show on sharkscope do they,because its an mtt ?
Straight

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:00 pm
i thought sharkscope covered mtt?
Steve50
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:01 pm
dan0956 wrote:
i thought sharkscope covered mtt?

Nah,sharkscope only covers SNGs,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: