Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scunner_D
thweeet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:27 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Hutchylad wrote:
and DN mentioned it(wrongly or...wrongly) to defend a friend who couldn't really defend themselves, which I can understand.

Sorry to come back again - but blood starting to boil. We are talking about Phil Ivey here - widely regarded as "probably the best player in the world". He is Mr Full Tilt - not some defenceless unknown. I'm sure that he is more than capable of stringing a few sentences together. Maybe he even knows how to use a computer. But no - he knew that Daniel's blog has a huge following and the most effective way to put his side across was through his web site. Not only that - but he could hide behind his friend and be able to say that - "I said nothing".

The whole thing is a disgrace to them both. An abuse of fame.
VegasBastard
One Pair

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:45 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Is Daniel's mind right at the moment?

Link
Paul
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:53 am
VegasBastard wrote:

PokerWIRED Shocked
Sam the man
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:54 am
VegasBastard wrote:

lol. 'I wont give you his name becuse that's not cool' It's OK to say Vam Raswani though is it Daniel?
VegasBastard
One Pair

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:02 am
from 2+2

Quote:
From the Horse table earlier tonight:

JJJ804 (Observer): phil when ram comes to bellagio i'll get him to
pay up
pachabel: phil, oppenheim said he will teach me
Phil Ivey: he's a good teacher
donkeybyday (Observer): lol
Tatumbird (Observer): phil is the man
Dealer: Phil Ivey wins the pot ($5,098)
TJR30 (Observer): play golf today Phil?
Dealer: Hand #2183496099
Cdub512 (Observer): yep
Pegassus88 (Observer): hey phil what did u think brad had at
hsp??
eppy6682 (Observer): phil did you put booth on AA in that big
hand on hsp?
Mjrepo456 (Observer): PHIL UR TIGHT, WHATS UP
dafezzbangoball (Observer): phil i love you more then my own life
Mjrepo456 (Observer): SUP PHIL
Phil Ivey: its taken care of jjj

Quote:
Ha! Just now watching the first episode of the Aussie Millions Cash game.

Near the end, Antonius says, "I just want to know who the biggest golf hustler is."

Lisandro replies, "Well, we all know who it is now." and looks towards Ivey.

Antonius: "O.k., then I want to know who the 2nd biggest in Vegas is."

Ivey: "I don't make the top 5, that's for sure."

The word spread purty fast in Australia apparently.

Ivey then goes on to say, "People always say that don't have a handicap, they've never had one. When I shoot, I always shoot around 90."

Erik Lindgren shoots Ivey a smirk.

Ivey then says, "I make fair games when it comes down to what I peform to." Or something like that.

Juanda then pipes in, "Fair game in your opinion."

Ivey: "yeah, in my opinion."

Juanda: Laughs. "Let's ask the people who have lost to you."

Ivey: "What about the people I've lost to? I mean you act like I never lose. I lose on the golf course all the time..(pause) just haven't lately."

Most I've ever heard Ivey talk in one sitting.

They then cut to Ivey on the golf course....can definitely see a difference in his swing (e.g. he has one now, but still not pretty).

He says they bring ringers from all over to play him.

Fyi, he double-bogeyed the first hole.
Sam the man
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:03 am
ArthurAttic wrote:
Barny wrote:

Daniel was good enough to respond to me personally . He pointed out that it was not him who first discussed this matter publicly and made it clear that he feels he is speaking up for a friend who in his view has been unfairly vilified, and does not have the platform or the disposition to speak back for himself. That is an admirable sentiment. I feel exactly the same way.

Except you did not attack anyones character or publicly accuse anyone of anything.

I think DN is totally out of order to claim in public that Ram is refusing to pay money he knows he owes. Totally offside. It has completely changed my ideas of him.

The defence for talking about it in public? "Well, he started it." Very mature.

But I just can't get past that he would dare call Ram a welsher in public. Its disgusting.

Barny is obviously being sarcastic here. He has made it quite clear that he thinks it is Ram who has been unfairly villified, not Phil Ivey.
PhilShaw
Trips

HopeItsChips
Flush

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:18 pm
[quote="VegasBastard"]Is Daniel's mind right at the moment?

Answer - no:

http://www.rawvegas.tv/watch.php?vID=...a22baf2babdca764d
Rmaccov
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:16 am
DN has been having a mare for a while now! His blogs have been getting worse all the time and he's been showing no class to fellow professionals for a while - Phil Gordon, Hellmuth and now this. There's also been problems with Raymer and the others involved in the law suit against the WPT in fairly recent times. He's starting to come across as a bit of a weasel who likes to stick his nose in for either the sake of controversy or website hits.

I've not missed one of his blogs for ages, in fact his was the only one I read regularly really. I'm done with them now though I think, not even sure why I've carried on reading them. Through habit basically.

Anyone know any other blogs well worth reading?
I Know It
Straight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:47 am
Raffel69
Full House

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:26 am
This guys behaviour is very very unprofessional.
I know pennyplayers who behave more professional than DN does.
It's disgusting, he seems to run totaly insane.
Maybe because he still cant score a big one for so long now Rolling Eyes
Envy, Dan?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:36 am
Raffel69 wrote:
This guys behaviour is very very unprofessional.
I know pennyplayers who behave more professional than DN does.
It's disgusting, he seems to run totaly insane.
Maybe because he still cant score a big one for so long now Rolling Eyes
Envy, Dan?

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=181
3 results = $630k in Jan 07

I don't even want to disgree with the principles of what is being said, but they need moderating to avoid being hypocritical.

(Question; should DN have to be any more professional than our average poster here?)
Raffel69
Full House

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:07 am
Quote:
(Question; should DN have to be any more professional than our average poster here?)

Yes, he should.
I am nothing but a microstakes playing donk, and nobody cares about me, wether I bahave good or bad. I know my place in life and in the game.
Daniel Negreanu is a well known professional player. As such, he represents the game we play and people look up to him. He should act a little more responsable. Sitting there rolling a spliff, shitting on other players and act like a total idiot is ok when I do it (remember, nobody cares), but it is in my mind NOT ok when Daniel Negreanu does it.
He should behave a little more professional and become the Daniel Negreanu we all know and love to watch playing the game.
His current behaviour is disgusting.
And thats just my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:19 am
I can't say I really agree with that.

He won his money by working hard at his game and being good at it, I don't see why he (and is my view of all sporting celebrities) is punished with having to behave better than he would if he hadn't learnt to play well.

He isn't responsible for other people copying him or idolising him, they are responsible for that.

Imagine you were hit by lighting and suddenly became great at poker, winning every tournament you played and getting a celebrity following.

Would that suddenly make you any better a public speaker or role model, and would it be fair if it meant that you no longer had the right to enjoy the same vices you currently do?
Temperence
Straight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:27 am
Raffel69 wrote:
Quote:

Daniel Negreanu is a well known professional player. As such, he represents the game we play and people look up to him. He should act a little more responsable. Sitting there rolling a spliff, shitting on other players and act like a total idiot is ok when I do it (remember, nobody cares), but it is in my mind NOT ok when Daniel Negreanu does it.
He should behave a little more professional and become the Daniel Negreanu we all know and love to watch playing the game.
His current behaviour is disgusting.
And thats just my opinion.

Yup, that's true and I'm also disgusted by his actions. He was a played I truely admired and his blog is inexcusable.

However, on the subject of role models for the professional game and the expectations therefore, it seems worse for DN because this behaviour is so rare. If Hellmuth was mouthing off, or Tony G we would probably have just raised our eyebrows and said "here we go again". What level of player has the 'responsibility' to be professional outside the game? Just because they are a good player, does not necessarily mean that they are a good 'person' or will be able to change their personality to adapt to their success.

DN (and Phil Ivey - if we are to believe what he has read) have proved that they are great players with shallow personalities. It's not a crime but it is a shock to those that admire them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: