Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
zebediah
Freed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:50 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Changing my name to Richard WSOPChamp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:51 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Yeah this guy is not going to be a Raymer or Hachem as far as promoting the game goes - total tosspot from what I've read and heard.
The Sheriff
Straight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:51 am
Just ruined my day i really dont know why i am so pissed bout cunningham though Crying or Very sad and GOLD grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Evil or Very Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:53 am
Cold deck, perhaps. But his big stack strategy was spot on, as was his speech play - he talked Wasicka into that call at the end. Worthy winner.
zebediah
Freed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:54 am
Thing is, every vibe I've had from people there is that he is a arrogant prick...also heard he is that way in his business.

Suppose we should give him a chance, but it is easy to be magnanimous when you are champ.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:55 am

In position turns out to be perched on a makeshift stand which was bending very worryingly.
Robert
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:57 am
zebediah
Freed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:57 am
No, Wasicki was always calling it. Heads up that flop is just bad luck.

But that is when aggression pays off, but to just keep hitting and hitting. Could you hear him going on "please don't me be unlucky" regards wasicki sucking out with a 10...too funny.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:58 am
BobDaGod wrote:
Yeah this guy is not going to be a Raymer or Hachem as far as promoting the game goes - total tosspot from what I've read and heard.

On Tuesday Greg Raymer posted this on 2+2 :-

"I'm not cheering for anybody in particular. I just hope the winner is a nice guy who will behave himself, at least during the next year."

Has poker just jumped the shark?
The Reverend
In Rhythm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:00 am
zebediah wrote:
Thing is, every vibe I've had from people there is that he is a arrogant prick...also heard he is that way in his business.

BobDaGod wrote:

Moo wrote:
Worthy winner.

Seems like we've found your perfect poker idol Mooster, your kind of guy Wink
zebediah
Freed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:05 am
I am a little gutted about Allen, I think he would have made a brilliant champ.

A player worthy of the title, also a top bloke.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:09 am
This is what Ed wrote yesterday for Gutshot, I didn't see it or hear it but this is what is claimed happened when David Einhorn was knocked out by Gold. Einhorn had pledged all his winnings to the Michael J Fox foundation, a charity dedicated to research into Parkinson's disease, which killed his father:

"Jamie rushed over to shake Einhorn's hand. Jamie has been on his best behavior today, though it appears as though he's forcing it. You can almost see him laughing inside everytime he goes to offer his sympathies to those players he knocks out. When Jamie walked over to his mother she was overheard laughing,''No more money for charity! Guess they're out of luck! Hahahaha!!!'' Melissa Hayden, friend of Allen Cunningham, also overheard the conversation and looked like she might throw up. Although Jamie has a large cheering section of friends and family, it seems as though every other person in there (including the camera guys) are hoping to witness his demise. "

Last edited by Robert on Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Moo
Quads

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:11 am
The Reverend wrote:
Seems like we've found your perfect poker idol Mooster, your kind of guy

First, this was not a personality contest. It's poker, which is no respecter of personality. Look at the followings Matusow, Hellmuth and Guoga have because of their rudeness and buffoonery at the table. Gold's conduct was not in their league. The only accusations I've heard are that he asked for a player to get a 10 min penalty for swearing (quite right, those are the rules) and he gave a rather graceless commentary when he knocked out Gryko, but which one of can guarantee we wouldn't lose a bit of composure in that position. As for being a twat in his business, I suspect that's mandatory if you're a Hollywood agent.

Second, you can't dislike a guy because he got lucky. He played a great game, in fact a world class game in my opinion, and that's all he could do. He can't help the cards.

Third, we all know where nice guys finish... 8773rd.

Personally, I'd rather have seen someone else win it too, but it's churlish not to give credit where it's due.
Jon MW
The British Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:13 am
You can't win the whole thing by luck, but he does seem to be more of a Moneymaker than a Hachem - which is a shame.

2010/11 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain
5 Star HORSE Classics - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
BobDaGod
Straight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:16 am
Jon MW wrote:
You can't win the whole thing by luck, but he does seem to be more of a Moneymaker than a Hachem - which is a shame.

At least MoneyMaker isn't scum, he just got lucky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: