View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unlucky
High Card

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Hi all, thought I would share an interesting phenomena I have put myself in.

My live game (as a just-came-off-from beginner) tournament game has improved due to my reads and setting up plays but my online game suffered too much (seriously called an all-in with just hitting a 3)

Is this a case of positive trends leading to bad basics or is it because I am increasing my opponents so the outcome is that I get a good chip lead mixed in with some TAG play but I become a Loose Idiot donkey caller when I hit say a river of A where two other people checked all the way despite both having full house?

Could it also be a case of too much over-confidence in my reading game that I forgot to cover up my leaks?

I am mostly getting back at the game playing 25 dollar tournaments (1200 php) at Metro Card Club and I haven't won (got 6th place where my K 6 two pair all-in flop got called by a K 9 whose 9 hit at the river) but I guess this is something I never read about anywhere in the few poker books or poker sites I've skimmed.

Real life name is Marvin Lu Hui btw. Oh and not looking for a poll. I would post elsewhere but net is kind of tight and I just found out Mike Takayama (filipino poker legend) has a database here and thought...hell this is a good enough excuse for a first post.
galty
Flush

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
There is a difference on reads in Live games and on line.

Welcome to the forum.

An extremely annoying person who usually thinks they are smart and/or funny, but is actually very stupid.
JimR
High Card

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:51 pm
I find online tends to be a more anxious game style imo, you see more hands and ppl playing more nonchalantly than live these days.
Unlucky
High Card

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:31 pm
Thanks for the tips.

I definitely should do some soul searching on this part.

Having not played against the pros, I definitely don't want to rely on my current reading success in Live games to hit a dead end when I face against them in the bigger tournaments but then again, I don't know which book or guide to start with to recover from this incident.

I guess this is a case where I really have to play more just to see what level I am truly in.
ReggieK
The Guvnor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 4:49 pm
"Unlucky", I hardly think the "tips" from galty were much use

I've messaged you a long and detailed reply

Hope that helps
Unlucky
High Card

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:36 am
Thanks ReggieK but unfortunately I did not receive the pm. Could you resend it?

I would pm you but I have less than 5 messages.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: