Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeanpaul
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

THE HENDON MOB SHOOTOUT MATCH
Our next monthly Full Tilt Poker Shootout match will held on the 28th of June 2015 CET (8pm UK). The winner of the heads up Shootout match will be crowned this month's champion and will receive an additional $1000 in tickets. We will also award an added $350 in tickets for the Shootout runner up and $100 tickets to 3rd and 4th place. A few random prizes will also be awarded to participants.

Tourney ID 296230873 on 28/06/2015 is a Shootout Match worth $25 and you can register with the following password: gpistudio

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL & WIN
Subscribe to our Youtube channel and post a message in this forum thread with your Full Tilt username and a confirmation that you have subscribed to our Youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/GPIpoker/

Full Tilt Poker will match your first deposit with a 100% bonus, worth up to $600. Your 100% First Deposit Bonus will be available to you immediately after you deposit and opt in.

See you at the tables on Full Tilt Poker!

*To be eligible, you need to have an account on The Hendon Mob Forum and post your Full Tilt username to the Forum.

Last edited by jeanpaul on Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
eskvir
Two Pair

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:51 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Registered and subscribed!

Full Tilt: Duke_of_Suffolk
DaMatrix
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:21 pm
n1 THM, I was already a gpi youtube sub, ftp nick: DaMatrix

ty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:47 pm
Many thanks Full Tilt & Jeanpaul

4KingAcePlay
stas486
One Pair

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:01 am
like always thx thehendonmob nick stas486
lucart
One Pair

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:35 pm
done or Youtube Mr. Green

FTP :lucart
Denis999GR
One Pair

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:05 pm
My nick: Denis999gr
kape
Two Pair

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:43 pm
my nick: kape B pykaBe
jvn1or
High Card

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:59 pm
done. Justpoker_pl
Makuherra
One Pair

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:34 pm
Done! Makuherra.
REBEKC
One Pair

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:22 pm
hi, my nickname is BSTING2
Archerito
One Pair

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:25 pm
done, nick Archer_eSp
Frodge
Trips

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:59 pm
Thanks for this JP but I'm not going to take part.

The luck factor is too high in these heads-up MTTs. $25 is too much for me to gamble on this sort of tourn.

I prefer a traditional 6-handed or 9-handed MTT. A league format is an even better test of skill as it's not down to just one tournament.

I will keep an eye out for a change of format and take part again when appropriate.
lookmeup
Straight

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:36 pm
winsumwinsummor thanks again am in
simonccc
Trips

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:10 am
Frodge wrote:
Thanks for this JP but I'm not going to take part.

The luck factor is too high in these heads-up MTTs. $25 is too much for me to gamble on this sort of tourn.

I prefer a traditional 6-handed or 9-handed MTT. A league format is an even better test of skill as it's not down to just one tournament.

I will keep an eye out for a change of format and take part again when appropriate.

Whilst I respect your (present) view, I would like to try and change your mind and get you to play!

First I would argue that there is less luck involved in Heads Up MTT than there is in 6 or 9 handed MTT's.
Heads Up is less about the cards (the luck element), and more about gaining a psychological advantage over your opponent.

Second, I'm not particularly good at Heads Up, but I see this as an opportunity to learn and improve my skills.

Third, you will never win a 6 or 9 handed MTT without winning the Heads Up at the end.

Fourth, the 'Gamble' you refer to is heavily weighted in your favour!
Let's assume for a moment that Heads Up is pure luck, and all players have an equal chance of winning (even though we know that's not true)
In May there were 22 entrants X $25 = $550.
Of this, $506 went into the prize pool, along with an additional $1000 in tickets.
Effectively all 22 players who paid $25 received over $68 of value.
If you can show me a form of gambling that offers better value than this I will gladly gamble there!

Fifth, I will put my money where my mouth is! If $25 is too much for you to gamble I will stake you the full $25 for the next 6 months..
This is on the understanding you will give me 90% of any winnings you make each month.
So you risk none of your own money, you get to keep 10% of any winnings, and you continue to enjoy the competitions.

What do you say?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> FULL TILT POKER All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: