Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
dartagnan180
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
The late reg is still 60 mins tonight so the cheats will be out in force. I went out 10th last week and my table broke to become FT so I counted I got 11 points, I looked in the morning and I was 13th , so 4 late reggers there must have been . The way ive done it yes the ones above suffer but everyone does really apart from the late reggers who come in with 2 minutes to go and go all in . Its not fair to anyone this and ive done the league the fairest way I seen possible since no one else is doing it. You've all had a week to complain and no one has till today. Tonight ill watch the league as well and the late reggers will do the same again and everyone else will suffer. Untill THMF change things im afraid its going to have to be like this.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
You should stop calling this cheating, as it isn't. I agree i is too long for this format, but it is not cheating. The late reg is 60 minutes officially and some people use it extensively to place in the middlefield to get tickets.
Nobody is forced to play and i think it is highly wrong to adjust the points as done for the last league day.
dartagnan180
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:00 pm
You do it then I cant be arsed anymore, it might not be cheating but its **** gamesmanship

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:02 pm
no, someone from thmf has to do it or establish the rules for doing it. (and cut the time for latereg)
tampering with the points has nothing to do with sportsmanship ffs as the posters before made clear.
dartagnan180
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:07 pm
late regging with one minute to go is gamesmanship pure and simple

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:11 pm
dartagnan180 wrote:
late regging with one minute to go is gamesmanship pure and simple

yeah, i think we agree on that.
but there is some room between cheating and not being a good gamesman.

also I don't think it justifies tampering with the points as you did and as others pointed out it does help the fairness of results.
Frodge
Trips

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:25 pm
It's a shame that this league is so lightly run by THMF. I hate to complain because the added value is so good but the situation is a bit of a mess.

It's a pity there isn't a way for us to ALL late reg and then there can't be any gamesmanship/cheating!
LombBomb
One Pair

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:26 pm
Agree with Dartagnan, given the relatively fast structure and shallow starting stacks, it's cheating in all but name. Disappointed the game still has 60 min late reg tonight, personally I wouldn't like to see any late reg at all, that way it's equal for everyone.
mddgfc
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:28 pm
wait...the points are being changed if people late reg? something ive never done btw but surely someone from the actual site should be recording the points every week, this isnt a dig at dart as he has done a great job but this needs sorted out, tbh imo no has the right to adjust peoples points, the rules are there for everyone to see, though i 100% agreed they are wrong
LombBomb
One Pair

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:33 pm
Why not give zero points to the players who are taking the piss and registering right on the break. It's them who are causing the unrest and making it difficult to calculate points fairly otherwise.
dartagnan180
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:33 pm
I never adjusted them , no one else had done them , the whole thing is **** you've got a 1500 chips 2 table sng with an hours late reg and only 1 league game on each site since the start of the month. Ill do tham again if people wish according to the format table but at the end of the day im not happy with doing the points when people are effectively "cheating"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:36 pm
if you register for a tournament you agree to the structure, which involves the late reg. So this is the root of evil, THMF needs to change this. I don't think there is any handle to punish people using the late reg if it is official. If you don't like the structure and what comes with it, then don't play.
Also where would you draw the line?
I might play today but won't be home until 30 minutes into the game, am I a "cheater" if I register after 30 minutes?
fawl
Two Pair

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:38 pm
dartagnan180 wrote:
I never adjusted them , no one else had done them , the whole thing is **** you've got a 1500 chips 2 table sng with an hours late reg and only 1 league game on each site since the start of the month. Ill do tham again if people wish according to the format table but at the end of the day im not happy with doing the points when people are effectively "cheating"

no?
dartagnan180 wrote:

Lombbomb 30
giesahaun 25
gregbbb 20
pokbrainless 18
supermango73 16
neeurikias 15
goatboy420 14
robaldo 13
dr ginekolog 12
quazatron 11

Then I amawarding |EVERYONE else who took part 10 points as good sportsmanship as it is totally unfair that 4 players can late reg straight into when there are 9 players reamianing.

gemxx10
hazy 7 10
dartagnan180 10
okocha 914 10
VOV41K 10
josharp01 10
3xbb 10
inittowinit28 10
This way even though they get more points for coming in late they are not going to have the advantage they thought they would. ffs one of them has took most prizes in the league. It has to stop.
LombBomb
One Pair

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:50 pm
fawl wrote:
if you register for a tournament you agree to the structure, which involves the late reg. So this is the root of evil, THMF needs to change this. I don't think there is any handle to punish people using the late reg if it is official. If you don't like the structure and what comes with it, then don't play.
Also where would you draw the line?
I might play today but won't be home until 30 minutes into the game, am I a "cheater" if I register after 30 minutes?

Nothing wrong with registering after 30 minutes as that's a genuine reason In your case but surely you agree that 3 players registering at the same time just before end of late registration is unfair to everyone else who supports the league and plays from the start. If you put a deterrent in place for the habitual 'cheats' that will fix things in the meantime until someone at HM fixes the structure and late reg period.
lookmeup
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:03 pm
just make it 30 mins late reg on stars as it is on full tilt and agree nobody can take points away from someone whom has late reg as they have done nothing wrong and its the league that needs sorting I agree its not fair but if else nothing changes then everyone will start to late reg and take advantage of getting more points and I would do it but I am better than that to lose my greed over a simple ticket and play with honestly which is a shame as they are far less honest people that take a angle on this late reg and take full advantage and you know whom u all are, not saying everyone here but a few bugs that's all ,,

following the rules is one think but for Hendon mob to not even address this issue with has been brought up in the recent weeks shows nothing ,,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> POKERSTARS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: