Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
If there is no history, I would say the KJ made a bad call. Lets face it, your shipping AKs and a bunch of hands that have KJ beat in that spot too. IF, he has seen you shove on late raises light before, then calling with KJ does go up in value. But its still marginal for me. You have to make these moves, I think it was a good one, and you got unlucky twice. First that he called, and then that you didn't hit. (Technically not hitting wasn't unlucky, but since I consider the shove a better poker move than the call, i'm calling it unlucky!) Fancied trying to sat into this, but busy most sundays unfortunately. Must be some feeling winning all that though. Wow.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
My thoughts exactly and this was the first time he'd seen me get my chips in
Marcus6
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:09 pm
TripSixes wrote:

Like i said as long as you are happy with the play? thats all that matters! ( i did not say it was wrong!, i just said i would not have made that move myself) Wink
TripSixes
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:06 am
Marcus6 wrote:
TripSixes wrote:

Like i said as long as you are happy with the play? thats all that matters! ( i did not say it was wrong!, i just said i would not have made that move myself) Wink

Chill out mate, I'm not saying you said I was wrong, Chilllllllllllllll Cool
Marcus6
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:00 am
TripSixes wrote:
Marcus6 wrote:
TripSixes wrote:

Chill out mate, I'm not saying you said I was wrong, Chilllllllllllllll Cool

i could not be more chilled Cool Wink
SamJess
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:47 pm
Marcus6 wrote:
TripSixes wrote:

There are several ways to look at this hand and from villians position its a standard (but not a nice) call.

Basically he should call your extra 11bb to win 18bb. You don't have the fold equity you think you have - well not when he holding KJ.

Also, given that he knows he raising 35% of hands he should expect you to play back much wider than the small range suggested that dominates him - which you did and he possibly anticipated. Against your full range he also has the correct equity to call profitability and given you are both shorty's he also needs to win chips.

I don't think either of you necessary played it wrong you just see it from different positions - probably you misplayed more so than villain if I don't sit on the fence, as you should anticipate getting called more often than not and you're always in worst shape when called.

In reality I think you just ran into the top end of his 35% range....
Straight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:08 am
Sound reasoning SamJess. I think stack sizes were perfect for me to make this move also because if he calls and loses, he's crippled. Against a big stack I wouldnt have made the play

Oh well - back to playing the Milly for *just* $200k from now on haha
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:30 am
this 68 seems pretty standard to me. stack sizes seem good. the vpip seems good. not a great spot to leave yourself crippled really with a marginal hand on the blind hope that a tight player is "at it".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: