Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Just reading a football forum and thread is all about mods that don't know what they are doing, looks like it is spreading. Angel
stowjon
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Indestructible wrote:
Just reading a football forum and thread is all about mods that don't know what they are doing, looks like it is spreading. Angel

did you make the same post there just changing the word football to poker?
Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:25 pm
stowjon wrote:
Nem wrote:
Bogus wrote:
Is Reg banned?

If so I foresee problems.

What problems would they be?

The sad thing is that I've met Reg in real life and I know how old he is yet he still wants to act the fool on here all of the time. If you have issues go and seek help.

surely if Reg wants to 'act the fool' and its not actually hurting anybody theres no harm done? personally i find Reg amusing and think hes good for the forum as we all know hes just having a laugh.

Id be curious to know if youd have edited Reg's post if Joe was still incharge Nem?

seems it really is a case of

Mods run the forum (exactly how they want), Admin run the site, Owner pops up every now and again.

Of course I would have edited the post if The Mob were in charge.

For every entertaining post reg has made, these posts have been considerably outweighed by the amount of troll posts posted under his account. Then there are the regular posters on here who he has upset or drove away from the forum - these include Dan Monkey, fatshaft , brodders, mddgfc and these are just the names I've remembered reg trolling.
Roger Porter
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:28 pm
Nem wrote:
I apologise for editing his post with the word mongoloid.

But Reg is a super hard geezer. He can drink 72 pints and smoke 20 doobies in an evening. Do you honestly believe that he is offended by this?

I don't really think it's just about whether Reg is offended. A lot of people read this forum and for you to take such an extreme measure and edit the post the way you did is offensive and puerile behaviour for a moderator to take. You have temp banned me before for being ' horrible and a gimmick' even though I hadn't even posted for sometime. I actually found out via someone from the forum who called me to tell me I'd been banned. You obviously don't like me, which I can live with, but I don't know if your reference to banning Reg's gimmick accounts includes (in your mind) me, but I can assure you 100% that I am not a 'gimmick'. As I said in my previous post I appreciate that a moderator has a lot to deal with but I don't think you should take your personal problems with one poster out on the whole forum. And your editing and posting of that word was just that, personal. It's not all about you and Reg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:42 pm
Nem wrote:
stowjon wrote:
Nem wrote:
Bogus wrote:
Is Reg banned?

The sad thing is that I've met Reg in real life and I know how old he is yet he still wants to act the fool on here all of the time. If you have issues go and seek help.

surely if Reg wants to 'act the fool' and its not actually hurting anybody theres no harm done? personally i find Reg amusing and think hes good for the forum as we all know hes just having a laugh.

Id be curious to know if youd have edited Reg's post if Joe was still incharge Nem?

Mods run the forum (exactly how they want), Admin run the site, Owner pops up every now and again.

For every entertaining post reg has made, these posts have been considerably outweighed by the amount of troll posts posted under his account. Then there are the regular posters on here who he has upset or drove away from the forum - these include Dan Monkey, fatshaft , brodders, mddgfc and these are just the names I've remembered reg trolling.

He can't break Marcus though! Marcus is like a rock!

Still, Reg is ok, he has his moments but those who are driven away probably just took his banter the wrong way rather than just ignore him and move on, can't really blame Reg for that.
Flush

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:00 pm
7. Mongoloid

An extremely annoying person who usually thinks they are smart and/or funny, but is actually very stupid.

That guy listens to Fall Out Boy? What a mongoloid!

mark as favorite buy mongoloid mugs & shirts

mongoloid fall out boy bongloid gongloid mong
by Benyill August 10, 2008 add a video

An extremely annoying person who usually thinks they are smart and/or funny, but is actually very stupid.
ReggieK
The Guvnor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:10 pm
Nem wrote:
stowjon wrote:
Nem wrote:
Bogus wrote:
Is Reg banned?

Dan monkey, never heard of him
Fatshaft, ffs he was a complete shower. And again FYI it wasn't me who posted his personal info
Brodders, he gives as good as he gets, in fact he's called me all sorts and I've never slagged him
mddgfc, as Brodders only he buggered off now due to him spunking other peoples dough Rolling Eyes
qwerqwer
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:11 pm
Replacing the two mods which have already left could help. As I see it, the only possibles are: JonMW, St Gilmore and DarrenSprengers. I doubt any of the aforementioned would want to be a moderator, but they have moderator qualities imo. JonMW is level-headed and reliable and as I see it, he has no personality flaws. Sprengers' only flaw is that he is too human at times, which isn't really a flaw, is it? He's the closest thing to Gibraltar. I think Sprengers would make a good peacemaker, JonMW and Gilmore as the steady hands, acting as ballast to the forum. This should be implemented with immediate effect. I know the posters on this forum inside out, and I'm correct in my selections. It is the perfect balance.

I miss my friend. I miss RobGibraltar a lot.
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:15 pm
stowjon wrote:
Indestructible wrote:

did you make the same post there just changing the word football to poker?

Good idea. Cool
qwerqwer
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:24 pm
Grumbledook needs to stop hanging-out so much with his geek friends on unnamed forums lol. You're needed here.

edit: typo lol (not edited by Nem)
Brodders
Quads

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:34 pm
ReggieK wrote:
Nem wrote:
stowjon wrote:
Nem wrote:
Bogus wrote:
Is Reg banned?

Dan monkey, never heard of him
Fatshaft, ffs he was a complete shower. And again FYI it wasn't me who posted his personal info
Brodders, he gives as good as he gets, in fact he's called me all sorts and I've never slagged him
mddgfc, as Brodders only he buggered off now due to him spunking other peoples dough Rolling Eyes

To be fair, I do give as good as I get and haven't buggered off anywhere.

Difficult one this as Reg does talk complete and utter drivel most of the time but equally, it's definitely wrong for a Mod to edit a post. If it's offensive or out of line, remove it and censure the individual.
*Yes*
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:18 pm
If your offended by the edit then you're a spaz.
Brodders
Quads

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:29 pm
*Yes* wrote:
If your offended by the edit then you're a spaz.

I'm more offended by the use of your rather than you're !!

The content of the edit isn't the issue so much as one was done IMO.
*Yes*
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:44 pm
Thought I'd whip out the apostrophe!
Bogus
At Won with No 28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:49 pm
Nem wrote:
Bogus wrote:
Is Reg banned?

I dunno Princess, let's just see how it plays out.

The internet is a big playground for those in the know.

Just saying obv.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Non-Poker General Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: