Goto page 1, 2  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReggieK
The Guvnor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Eeee Awight?

I got a metal detector for Xmas, and as its been over 70 degrees here today I took it out on one of the fields nearby for a go
4 hours total detecting, with me fold up spade hooked on me belt, and my Bullseye wellies on
Anyway, I found 1.06 in coins, 2 flints and a rusty nail. Along with about 700 worms and a million fire ants

Anyone else go detecting? If so, have you found anything of value?
Donnie_Brasco
King of Canada

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
you need to go to Florida and comb the beaches. that's where the big money is. more competition as well though.
ReggieK
The Guvnor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:56 pm
Sounds good to me. I reckon I might go to hunstanton beach, king johns treasures buried there Smile
tjm8
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:45 pm
I reckon dogging sites could be the winner...

There must be a significant amount of coins falling out of trouser pockets as they are dropped, along with bracelets / necklaces / watches etc. which slip off during the action.

You might want to use rubber gloves though before you pick anything up Shocked
ReggieK
The Guvnor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:33 pm
Good point, there's a cracking dogging site about a mile down the road
Will check it out in the morning
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:27 am
I live about a mile from clacton pier...was down there last week with the kids and lost the car keys...cab home metal detector cab return....job done

[x] awash down here today with totty btw Very Happy
It was one of the privileges of my poker life to watch Barny win his bracelet, putting on a master class in front of an audience who would have run onto the stage and carried him over the ****ing line if thats what it was going to take. There is bracelets and there is bracelets. This was one of the very special ones...Padraig Parkinson
cottlad
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:17 pm
Cost of cheap detector for daughter to go treasure hunting: 40
Cost of burying coins in beach when daughter not looking: 3.58
Cost of speeding ticket due to racing to catch Maplins b4 closed for detector: 60 + 3 points

Revenue other than Dads buried coins 59p

Net loss so far 102.99

Look on daughters face when detector beeps and she finds treasure.....: Priceless Smile

This was our first bash at Sandsend, Whitby. I'm hoping the running total reduces in the coming years and we can some day turn a profit
The Guvnor

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:02 pm
Have been out here n there a detecting in the last month, have got a collection of bolts, a rusty looking tin from the 70s and a few 10p coins Rolling Eyes

On a similar note about finding treasure, was walking through the park the other week, found a ring on the ground.
Light as a feather it was, but I stuck it in an empty Benson box and forgot about it.
Anyway, wore the same padded shirt and was walking round Braintree on Friday and found the ring.
Took it into the gold shop there and said "how much for this mate?", he bunged it onto the scales and I was sure he was gonna laugh and say "Its out of a cracker pal". but he said "25 quid?"
I gasped and took the notes.
Bought 12 pints out of Spoons with it Wink
BoyceNoun
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:16 am
I go metal detecting, but I found only several coins during the past two months. I found
that metal detecting is far more difficult than I think.
Donnie_Brasco
King of Canada

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:31 am
definitely not easy. these guys look like pros.

Kimkinsley
High Card

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:15 pm
That is really great finds for first time coin shooting with a metal detector. I have heard a lot frustrating stories about digging trash from detecting fellows.
Steve50
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:06 pm
I have been into the hobby for the past couple of years, usually detect the beach but go on fields or in woods when I can as have no permissions for fields from the farmers, and don't want to be caught illegally detecting land.

Though from the beach and the woods / grassy areas I have been to, I have found a fair few things, many military items like .303 rounds, fuze shells, grenade caps, amongst others.

A 1759 Irish Halfpenny, silver sixpences, about 30 in coinage...and a 110 year old "R. Whites" Ginger Beer bottle (full), plus 100s of other interesting objects.

What detector do you have? I have the Garrett Ace 150, good starter machine, also had the CS4PI for the beach.
Failed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:46 pm
BoyceNoun wrote:
I go metal detecting, but I found only several coins during the past two months. I found that metal detecting is far more difficult than I think.

Kimkinsley wrote:
That is really great finds for first time coin shooting with a metal detector. I have heard a lot frustrating stories about digging trash from detecting fellows.

Wow! I too have heard many stories about digging trash from detecting fellows!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:49 am
Steve50 wrote:
I have been into the hobby for the past couple of years, usually detect the beach but go on fields or in woods when I can as have no permissions for fields from the farmers, and don't want to be caught illegally detecting land.

Though from the beach and the woods / grassy areas I have been to, I have found a fair few things, many military items like .303 rounds, fuze shells, grenade caps, amongst others.

A 1759 Irish Halfpenny, silver sixpences, about 30 in coinage...and a 110 year old "R. Whites" Ginger Beer bottle (full), plus 100s of other interesting objects.

What detector do you have? I have the Garrett Ace 150, good starter machine, also had the CS4PI for the beach.

Garrett are good. What I got is a White gold detector for beginners.
cottlad
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:41 pm
Just bought one of these on Ebay. Supposed to be whizz-bang and great on the sand. Nice and powerful and discriminates iron so no digging up junk. My wife thinks i'm a nerd Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Non-Poker General Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: