Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
mddgfc
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
how he didnt play the 4balls i dont know
tjm8
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
mddgfc wrote:
how he didnt play the 4balls i dont know

Me neither, but I was reading this morning that the pairings for yesterdays 4balls were decided on Thursday. Can only assume that Ollie wants no player to play 5 matches and G-Mac and Rory will be rested this afternoon (hence them being match 4).

The aim being to make sure everyone is fresh for Sunday, will be interesting if USA rest Bradley/Mickleson and have the same idea that as it is a long course, you want players fresh for Sunday.

Got to get a minimum of 2-2 from the morning games, or a massive win in the afternoon 4balls or tomorrow could be an anti-climax as the majority of the USA team are out putting the Europeans by a long way.
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:39 pm
I've only played golf once, we had to carry the clubs and I'm not a professional athlete

surprised to see anyone suggest a golfer should need to be rested in order to be fresh...
tjm8
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:48 pm
Playing 36 holes in a day is tiring on the legs for even fit people, but when you add in the mental fatigue factor, it emphasis the point further. In the past, we have seen Europe get beat overall in singles point after 6 or 7 players played all 4 matches on the Friday/Saturday and couldn't get their game going on the Sunday.

USA have always looked to rotate their players more in the pairs.
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:00 pm
well the Spartathlon finished earlier today

153 mile run from Athens to Sparta for around 27 hours, that's what I call tiring on the legs ;]
tjm8
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:38 pm
Suck on that Simpson !!
Great hearing the bad sporting yanks deflated, need much more of this

Poults is quality Very Happy
tjm8
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:46 pm
D Johnson/Matt Kuchar v Colsaerts/Lawrie
Watson/Simpson v Rose/Molinari
Woods/Stricker v Garcia/Donald
Dufner/Z Johnson v McIlroy/Poulter

I think we can win this session, think Sergio/Luke and Rory/Poults will both win, just need to get something out of the first 2, which USA are faves for.

Wow great chip in from Sergio, lets do it !!!!
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:39 pm
Ryder cup is a huge disappointment, wait all this time and such a let down on the European front. Sad
tommymac
Chip Collector

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:11 pm
Indestructible wrote:
Ryder cup is a huge disappointment, wait all this time and such a let down on the European front. Sad

Its not over yet!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:26 pm
steal these last 2 and we have all the momentum in the morning, poulter then rory 1st two players out imo
tjm8
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm
biggest putt of Poults career.........

F**k yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mddgfc
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:42 pm
RRROOOOOOOOOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
tjm8
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:51 pm
Would love to see us pull it off tomorrow in the singles, the course is bullsh*t to be honest and has not helped the spectactle as it has been a putting contest so far. You shouldn't be able to smash your drives 100 yards to the left or right and still be able to get a birdie opportunity just because you are a massive long hitter.

Great to see all the Europeans smiling and hopefully we can take it too them.

Agree with starting of with the big guns Poults & Rory up front with Nico 3rd up. Get it back to within 1, demoralrise the idiots in the crowd and lets see who has the bottle then.
mddgfc
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:55 pm
my hearts pounding, not a chance of getting sleep anytime soon and i dont even like golf Razz
tjm8
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:06 am
yeah buzzing too, taking over the captains role Very Happy here my running order: -

1. Poults
2. Rory
3. Nico
(Rory and Nico are long and suit course best, so if they can get a hot putter, they can win)

4. Molinari
5. Garcia
6. G-Mac
(emotions running high, have shown form in patches and they can keep the run going)

7. Donald
8. Rose
9. Lawrie
(all have bottle and will be key points if top order works)

10. Westwood
11. Kaymer
12. Hanson

Hopefully will be all over and we will have 8 points from first 9 and we only need a 1/2 from last 3 matches for the outright win
Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Sports and Betting All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: