Goto page 1, 2  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkElvis
Two Pair


Joined: 06 May 2008
Posts: 64

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:27 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/34/...ff-bridge-462466/


Good Morning to you all

Not sure if I am allowed to post links to other forums and if not I apologise and Mods please remove.

However was having a flick through and this is one of the more interesting and honest reads I have come across.
Its basically about a guy who tried to commit suicide, survives and then opens up the experience, well he answers any questions people may have about it.

My synopsis does not really do it fair justice.
RobSamples
Quads


Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Posts: 1963

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
some people are too stupid to die.
PinkElvis
Two Pair


Joined: 06 May 2008
Posts: 64

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
hmmmm not sure how I feel about that statement to be honest
RobSamples
Quads


Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Posts: 1963

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
well there's a metaphysical puzzle for you to wrestle with on your own time. The guy's a f*cking moron, being a f*cking moron probably saved his life. Anyone with half a brain would have thought to themselves 'I want to die, how do i best go about that?' and googled the answer...which is not btw 'jump into some water from 150ft'. That's not to say it couldn't work, mostly depends on the angle you hit the water at, otherwise you're looking at drowning/hypothermia doing you (which are both horrible ways to die), considering he says he didn't take pills or hang himself because he considered them to be 'unreliable', you would have thought he might have done even the most basic research to find the optimal reliable conditions for jumping...which by anyone's standards is probably not 'in a really crowded area, into water, right by a boat'.

Still, I hope he's enjoying all the people telling him how honest and brave he is and it provides him with some small crumb of comfort when he looks into the faces of the people who love him and he knows deep in his heart that no matter how long he lives, he will never be able to erase that memory from their minds and it will always be at the back of their thoughts, ready to jump out the minute he seems even slightly different than normal. Of course, that wouldn't matter if he were dead, because he'd be dead and not aware of it but he's not he's alive and will have to live with it for as long as he can bear to. I bet he does his research properly next time, otherwise he risks being put into the 'attention seeker' category, which is even worse.
lex
Banned


Joined: 16 Dec 2010
Posts: 316

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Ha.
thegrimble
Full House


Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Posts: 873
Location: The Big Smoke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
RobSamples wrote:
otherwise you're looking at drowning/hypothermia doing you (which are both horrible ways to die)


not sure how u comment unless you have experience of dying before?

agree with the rest of what u said though Wink
X
Quads


Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Posts: 2462
Location: Earth X

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
thegrimble wrote:
RobSamples wrote:
otherwise you're looking at drowning/hypothermia doing you (which are both horrible ways to die)


not sure how u comment unless you have experience of dying before?


Some deaths are quick and less painful, and are reasonably assumed to be better than others. I mean - I haven't died in my sleep or been burnt to death, but I know which way I'd prefer to go!
_________________
Homer wrote:
Among all creatures that breathe on earth and crawl on it there is not anywhere a thing more dismal than man is
RobSamples
Quads


Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Posts: 1963

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
thegrimble wrote:

not sure how u comment unless you have experience of dying before?


maybe because i've done my research.
lex
Banned


Joined: 16 Dec 2010
Posts: 316

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
alt.suicide.holiday ftw (for certain values of w)
thegrimble
Full House


Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Posts: 873
Location: The Big Smoke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
RobSamples wrote:
thegrimble wrote:

not sure how u comment unless you have experience of dying before?


maybe because i've done my research.


touch
darrensprengers
Misclick


Joined: 10 Jul 2007
Posts: 7551

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
RobSamples wrote:
well there's a metaphysical puzzle for you to wrestle with on your own time. The guy's a f*cking moron, being a f*cking moron probably saved his life. Anyone with half a brain would have thought to themselves 'I want to die, how do i best go about that?' and googled the answer...which is not btw 'jump into some water from 150ft'. That's not to say it couldn't work, mostly depends on the angle you hit the water at, otherwise you're looking at drowning/hypothermia doing you (which are both horrible ways to die), considering he says he didn't take pills or hang himself because he considered them to be 'unreliable', you would have thought he might have done even the most basic research to find the optimal reliable conditions for jumping...which by anyone's standards is probably not 'in a really crowded area, into water, right by a boat'.

Still, I hope he's enjoying all the people telling him how honest and brave he is and it provides him with some small crumb of comfort when he looks into the faces of the people who love him and he knows deep in his heart that no matter how long he lives, he will never be able to erase that memory from their minds and it will always be at the back of their thoughts, ready to jump out the minute he seems even slightly different than normal. Of course, that wouldn't matter if he were dead, because he'd be dead and not aware of it but he's not he's alive and will have to live with it for as long as he can bear to. I bet he does his research properly next time, otherwise he risks being put into the 'attention seeker' category, which is even worse.


this may be the funniest post i have ever read on any forum ever.
Scunner_D
thweeet


Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 2069

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
darrensprengers wrote:

this may be the funniest post i have ever read on any forum ever.


really Confused

actually when I read the 2+2 thread (or 12 pages of it or so) I was kinda struck by the similarities with RobSamples/Lex. articulate description by a likeable guy of managing a drug controlled / degen-fuelled descent into mental breakdown. he was intelligent and frighteningly lucid.

I had to stop reading when I thought too much about the implications for his family....he writes about his love for his sister/ dad....but was able to push that to the side during the day he's talking about. that frightens the hell out of me.

RobS is implying (if I understand it correctly) that it was basic incompetence at best, or attention seeking at worst, that resulted in him still being alive. The whole thing sends shivers through me though either way. I don't really find any of it funny...even in a forum lol kind of way.
stowjon
Royal Flush


Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Posts: 9071

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Ive been thinking and i think the way id like to die is as follows.

1st i meet up with the current Queen of thong wars and i sleep with her and while im doing the do her fella catches me and shoots me before i even know hes there.

thats how i want to die.

TBH i dont really want to die for another 50-60 years
RobSamples
Quads


Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Posts: 1963

stowjon
Royal Flush


Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Posts: 9071

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
RobSamples wrote:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_Life_expectancy_of_dwarfism

who is this aimed at?
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Non-Poker General Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum