View previous topic :: View next topic  
amt4ngl
Two Pair

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
20 freezout.down to last 30 from 188 field and top 17 get paid,blinds 2 and 4k,28800 left am next bb so i push utg with j10 suited???????obviously went out but just wondering if i could ahve waited for my bb,sb or button to push?????
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
pushing under the gun means you have the whole table to get through without anyone finding a hand

you would have been better off pushing any two cards from late position

hands that call you when you have JT are likely to be a pair, which you are racing at best, two overcards, or even worse hands that dominate you

I've pushed AQ utg before and ended up getting called by AK, there are just too many players behind you
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:44 pm
Grumbledook wrote:
pushing under the gun means you have the whole table to get through without anyone finding a hand

you would have been better off pushing any two cards from late position

hands that call you when you have JT are likely to be a pair, which you are racing at best, two overcards, or even worse hands that dominate you

I've pushed AQ utg before and ended up getting called by AK, there are just too many players behind you

u r folding AQ utg with that M? Are you telling me the forum champion is an uber nit? Very Happy
amt4ngl
Two Pair

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:46 pm
those were my thoughts (after thoughts) lol , too many to get thru.i think the chips i had left meant i could possibly have hung on for my bb,sb and button to shove.thanks
paddymick
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:48 pm
Once you are in that position then yeah I think a push is correct/optional. If there are no antes you could just pay the blinds and then start pushing in late position with your 5.5bbs - the risk is that you will not get a chance to if there is action before you; and your current stack has more fold equity. On balance I prefer the push. With hopeless unconnected low cards I am folding.
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:04 pm
No darren, it was just an example of how you can be dominated, the situation wasn't the same

i'd happily push AQ here. JT just gets called by more hands which puts you in worse shape
nicecold
High Card

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:10 pm
For starts, read Harington on Hold'em volume I and II.

Secondly, you just don't need to put your tournament life at risk like that, when at best you will be flipping against any hand that calls you.

I prefer letting the blinds go through you and shipping any 2 in the SB, Button or Cut-off providing you are the one opening the pot, if what you are concerned about is maintaining your current chipstack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Hand Analysis All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: