View previous topic :: View next topic  
caesars sports lounge
One Pair

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Playing in the Marbella Classic, 11 places paid, I am in the last 11. My table is the 5 handed one, I have 140k stack, avg is 178k, I am the BB, paying 4,000-8,000 and 1k ante. UTG raises to 18k,cut off calls, SB folds, I am holding 6&7 clubs, so 10k more into 49k pot, I call. Flop... Ac..10c..6s, I check, UTG bets 24k into 59k pot, cut off folds, UTG started hand with 300k stack, pot now 83k, I decide to call. Turn comes 8s, I check, he bets 48k into 107k, I have 97k left, what should I do, or what should I have done?
SlowThinker
Full House

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Personally I'd have shoved on the flop, as played I'd probably fold.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:19 pm
i would of bet the flop or check raised it.
stowjon
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:36 pm
shove the flop
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:43 pm
they must be aware it was cheap to call. so they have to fold KK, QQ, JJ,

AK and AQ its a tough call and they are never going to be far ahead with those and sometime a huge dog.
Matt101
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:44 pm
Perfect spot to c/r on the flop. It's also a decent spot for a squeeze PF but that's obv dependant on reads/ your image.

As played, you probably have around a third of the deck as outs and unlikely to have any FE, so I just call to hit even though I hate doing that sort of thing in tournies.
caesars sports lounge
One Pair

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:53 pm
the problem was the guy never folded anything, he got his stack from playing raggy Aces and hitting 2 pair, I have aready folded 10-10 and JJ to him earlier after reraising his min+ raises and he calls with A7 and A9 and hit both flops, hes not folding that flop if I shove.
caesars sports lounge
One Pair

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:05 pm
I was laid the right price to call all the way, but I wish I had played differantly, I called the turn and missed, and so was all in next hand with any two, I feel sick not to have moved up the money ladder because the other table had 4 stacks smaller than mine and I didnt consider this fact, but think I should have c/r the flop all in and gone for glory and let the hand play itself.
Matt101
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:20 pm
You're actually flipping against Ax so with the dead money already in the pot you don't mind a call so much.
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:25 pm
On the flop you have slightly positive equity and have 40% vs two pair.

He has raised under the gun. So even the standard (5 handed range)range of AK-J/66-AA he must fold a relevant %. He really calls off 150k with kk on that flop?

You need to get your money in on the flop. you only have 20bbs.
caesars sports lounge
One Pair

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:52 pm
He was playing Ad Js as we checked the river for showdown, but I promise he was a really bad player that had got lucky with relatively bad Aces for most of the tourny and never folded when he hit one, so I know he has hit an A but as the Ac and 10c is on the flop I am 100% my flush is good if I hit and trips wins as well, the 8 also makes it slightly worse for me as the gutshot comes into play and lures my chips into the middle, anyway next time I shove the flop.
MattF
Straight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:58 pm
You could certainly have considered shoving pre-flop as a squeeze play. Otherwise check-raise allin on the flop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Hand Analysis All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: