View previous topic :: View next topic  
tommymac
Chip Collector

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Seat 1: bazarbai (1345 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 2: luiskawa (1345 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 3: usnjetmech36 (14100 in chips)
Seat 4: Hero (2475 in chips)
Seat 5: aldu86 (1380 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 6: Villain (9495 in chips)
Seat 7: from@lgeria (1405 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 8: boazhiram (2580 in chips)
Seat 9: lucas_casasi (1385 in chips) is sitting out
bazarbai: posts the ante 5
luiskawa: posts the ante 5
usnjetmech36: posts the ante 5
Hero: posts the ante 5
aldu86: posts the ante 5
Villainposts the ante 5
from@lgeria: posts the ante 5
boazhiram: posts the ante 5
lucas_casasi: posts the ante 5
aldu86: posts small blind 25
Villain: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [Js Ac]
from@lgeria: folds
boazhiram: folds
lucas_casasi: folds
bazarbai: folds
luiskawa: folds
usnjetmech36: folds
Hero: raises 150 to 200
aldu86: folds
Villain: calls 150
*** FLOP *** [Jc As Ks]
Villain: checks
Hero: bets 100
Villain: calls 100
*** TURN *** [Jc As Ks] [Qd]
Hero: bets 200
Villain: calls 200
*** RIVER *** [Jc As Ks Qd] [3c]
Hero: bets 500
Villain: raises 8490 to 8990 and is all-in
Hero: calls 1470 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (7020) returned to Weslovic_
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Villain: shows [Tc 5h] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
Hero: shows [Js Ac] (two pair, Aces and Jacks)
Villain collected 5010 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 5010 | Rake 0
Board [Jc As Ks Qd 3c]
Seat 1: bazarbai folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: luiskawa folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: usnjetmech36 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Hero (button) showed [Js Ac] and lost with two pair, Aces and Jacks
Seat 5: aldu86 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: Villain (big blind) showed [Tc 5h] and won (5010) with a straight, Ten to Ace
Seat 7: from@lgeria folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: boazhiram folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: lucas_casasi folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Preflop:
Wouldnt play AJo 9 handed generally but 5 players were sitting out so it was effectively 4 handed and i had position, raised 4x BB.
I think i could have made it more but blinds wernt worth stealing, if he folded.

Flop:
I hit 2 pair, he checks, i raise 100 into 470, i new i was ahead at this point because the villain had been very loose so i couldnt put him on Q10, so the bet was just to see if he had caught anything else ie middle pair etc

Turn:
Q comes, scares shit out me, because he checks again so i bet 200 into 670, i didnt want to bet upwards of 50% of pot incase he came over the top, i would put the hand down if he did.

River:
He check calls last two streets so know im abit confused, 3 is a nothing card but he checks again, so i bet abit more again, maybe for value if im ahead. 500 into 1070, then he finally comes over the top allin. Normally i would lay it down but i didnt care if i won or lost because i needed to go out so if i would have won id have sat out anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Quote:
River:
He check calls last two streets so know im abit confused, 3 is a nothing card but he checks again, so i bet abit more again, maybe for value if im ahead. 500 into 1070, then he finally comes over the top allin. Normally i would lay it down but i didnt care if i won or lost because i needed to go out so if i would have won id have sat out anyway.

Maybe this is one of those places it is better to check behind. I'm one of those people who doesn't get all the value from the river I should, but there is a strong case not to bet the river here.

Gurth gothrim Tel'Quessir
peligruso
Full House

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:57 pm
Pre flop no need to make it more than 4xbb.

On the flop he checks you bet not raise 100 into 470, bet more at least 250, better 300 or 400 because of the straight and flush draws.

On the turn your 200 into 670 doesn't achieve anything cos he's gonna call with anything as he called the flop bet, id check for both pot control and obviously any 10 beats you.

When he checks the river your value bet isn't terrible as you wouldn't think he would check with a straight, but you can also check the river too.

And if you have to go out why you playing poker?
tommymac
Chip Collector

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:01 pm
peligruso wrote:
Pre flop no need to make it more than 4xbb.

On the flop he checks you bet not raise 100 into 470, bet more at least 250, better 300 or 400 because of the straight and flush draws.

On the turn your 200 into 670 doesn't achieve anything cos he's gonna call with anything as he called the flop bet, id check for both pot control and obviously any 10 beats you.

When he checks the river your value bet isn't terrible as you wouldn't think he would check with a straight, but you can also check the river too.

And if you have to go out why you playing poker?

i agree now, if i check turn, he might bet river then its easier to get away i suppose.

forgot i had entered into the torney so i played as long as i could idc 2bh was only a couple of quid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:05 pm
Flop bet is just horrible, unless you are trying to get him to shove over the top by showing such weakness.

Turn bet, having confused the situation with the bizarre play on the flop, you must find out where you are with a proper bet. Again an absurd underbet on a dangerous board (although as it happens you are now behind).

River, hard to say because you haven't defined your or his hand in any way. The way the hand has been played I probably bet 300 or something silly for value. Betting any more you are now under pressure to call a reraise because you have played the hand so weak and now the pot is significant.
The Reverend
In Rhythm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:07 pm
tommymac wrote:
i agree now, if i check turn, he might bet river then its easier to get away i suppose.

No, if you check behind on the turn you must call a river bet. Checking behind on the turn then crediting your opponent with the nuts when they bet out makes no sense.
Poker Jon
Quads

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:52 pm
[quote="The Reverend"]
tommymac wrote:
peligruso wrote:

No, if you check behind on the turn you must call a river bet. Checking behind on the turn then crediting your opponent with the nuts when they bet out makes no sense.

+ you have also disguised the strength of your hand despite an ugly board

Flop, bet the pot on such a drawy board

When the turn comes I get to the river as cheaply as possible
Alex B
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:54 pm
Converter?
cottlad
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:25 pm
Alex B wrote:
Converter?

yup
i couldn't be arsed to read OP
If you want people to go outa their way to offer help, you need to be making it as easy as possible for them to view the hand. Either use the mob hand viewer or go and convert here: http://weaktight.com/

U did ask for criticism lol Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Hand Analysis All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: