View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon Galloway
Full House

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:17 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Picking up on comments I've heard a lot on-line:

"Ever since I've cashed out I've not won a hand"

A lot of mumbling about this, Paradise being an often quoted example, but heard it on many others with alarming frequency, so some suggestions on why this may be:

1. The cashiers are unaminously vindictive and don't like the extra burden you give them with cheque requests and so "jinx" your account as a pay-back.

2. It's all rigged. You get force-fed winning hands early doors, stopped by the trigger of your first cash out. Hooked, you are thereafter destined to generate huge amounts of rake and site activity for the rest of your naturals. Akin to giving out free smack samples in the playground. You will never have the option to stop playing or try a different site.

3. People always cash out at a peak, never at a trough on their "fluctuation wave". No surprise that the results in the period immediately after are below that at the time of the cashout.

4. People actually "knee-cap" themselves by cashing out too aggressively. Having won money and taken themselves to a financially secure position where they can play with freedom and make value plays, they take themselves back down to the bone and into a position where they start making losing plays as a result of a self-imposed "short stack".

Whilst 1 and 2 are readily offered as a hypothesis (it's never your own fault after all) I can't help feeling 3 and 4 would have more to do with it....

Post Edited (24/11/2003, 11:20 am)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Your post deserves a response. I don't remember seeing anyone make point 4 before and it seems like it could be an important factor. On the other hand it if someone buys in for $100, plays it up to $1500, they probably feel safe cashing out $1000 thinking that $500 is a lot more than they started with.
Nat Schuff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 5:17 pm
I think it's malicious. I only thought about cashing out after 6 weeks of winning $7.5k on PS. I sent an inquiry to them about it and within two weeks I was broke. Couldn't possibly have been me.... or could it?

I do better against the disconnected...

--Previous Message--

: Picking up on comments I've heard a lot on-line:
:
: "Ever since I've cashed out I've not won a hand"
:
: A lot of mumbling about this, Paradise being an often quoted example, but
: heard it on many others with alarming frequency, so some suggestions on why this
: may be:
:
: 1. The cashiers are unaminously vindictive and don't like the extra burden you
: give them with cheque requests and so "jinx" your account as a pay-back.
:
: 2. It's all rigged. You get force-fed winning hands early doors, stopped by
: the trigger of your first cash out. Hooked, you are thereafter destined to
: generate huge amounts of rake and site activity for the rest of your naturals.
: Akin to giving out free smack samples in the playground. You will never have the
: option to stop playing or try a different site.
:
: 3. People always cash out at a peak, never at a trough on their "fluctuation
: wave". No surprise that the results in the period immediately after are below

(...)
The Central Scrutinizer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:11 pm
For the first few months I lost consistently and predictably (mostly on Stars), and I wasn't getting good cards.

Although at that time I was such a fish that I didn't actually *know* they weren't good cards.

--Previous Message--
: 2. It's all rigged. You get force-fed winning hands early doors, stopped by
: the trigger of your first cash out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: