View previous topic :: View next topic  
iScotttT
One Pair

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
need some help as i wanna learn from my mistakes .

did i play this right?

any advice would help, want to get better and move on.
jeanpaul
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:55 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
In my opinion you were giving two chances to protect your stack and fold and thus save your chips for when you know your definitely ahead.
Deuce7os
High Card

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:52 pm
Preflop: JTo is a pretty mediocre hand. Its ok either to play from the button, or if you are first in and you are the one opening for a raise. Otherwise fold this PF.

Flop: As played, the pot bet is too small. You have a strong hand on a wet board with a flush draw and straight draw. You need to give them the wrong price to call a draw, more like 75% to 80% pot.

Then when you get cold called by the button, and check raised by UTG, alarm bells should be going off in your head. This situation is magnified by the fact that he check-raised not only against you, but with him being aware that there is another player interested in the hand. If he had done this heads up, then sure, you could give him credit for lots of hands that you are ahead of like a semi-bluff flush draw, straight draw, pair + draw, over-pair etc, but not when the hand involves 3 players.

Then when the button back-raises all-in and the check-raiser calls the all-in, the alarm bells should be deafening. At this point, what can you be ahead of? In the very unlikely event that BOTH players are on a draw you need to dodge about a third of the deck with 2 cards to come. Whats more likely is that you are up against a set and drawing extremely thin.

Top two pair can be a big hand and a big money winner, but pay attention to the clues that you are given. In this case the action indicates an easy fold.
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:17 pm
without stats any advice can only be so helpful.

You have 10J
preflop. call is a little weak vs a utg raise. given standard range it will not play out well. fold. 3 bet options could be there given certain stacks.

flop. you have 10 J.
lets look at possible ranges. AA,KK,QQ, JJ,1010, 66 KhQh, AhQh AhKh.
you cant take out some of the jj, 1010. and probably weight even more against it from he call after you.

The first guy calls your flop bet. looks like a draw or first or second pair. possibly a float. the utg guy then raises to 40$. this look like protection of a made strong hand or huge draw.

you should not call the 40 odd as vs possible ranges you are in very bad shape. certain stat by villain would make me change that opinion but vs standard you are eith crushed actually or mathematically and as everyone knows you cant beat maths over time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Hand Analysis All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: