View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frodge
Trips

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
League standings after 2 games (20/8/14):

pokbrainless ~ 43
Quazatron ~ 41
giesahaun ~ 39***
gregbbb ~ 38
Lombbomb ~ 32
supermango73 ~ 31
robaldo ~ 29***
goatboy420 ~ 26
josharp01 ~ 25
dr ginekolog ~ 22***
neeurikias ~ 20
3xbb ~ 17
VOV41K ~ 14
okocha 914 ~ 14
inittowinit28 ~ 12
Jazzer32 ~ 11
gemxx ~ 10
hazzy 7 ~ 9
dartagnan180 ~ 8
thegeezer2k ~ 6
nightbully ~ 4
ahustler147 ~ 3
cebulski8 ~ 1

*** = late registered just before the first break in week 2 (i.e. cheated or gamesmanship)
tony_m
Two Pair

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Thanks for picking up the points baton.

But, I think there's a reason it lists (i.e.) three 10th places - that is, they all did finish 10th at some point and should get 10th place points, and the listed 11th getting 11th place points rather than 13th. And the official 20th getting a point for 20th instead of no points for 23rd. Maybe 22 players finished later than him, but he didn't lose to 22 players.

And it means the 10th that late regged doesn't get more than the 10th that played the whole game.

If you agree, this probably means a revision of week 1 as well.
Frodge
Trips

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:48 pm
tony_m wrote:
Thanks for picking up the points baton.

But, I think there's a reason it lists (i.e.) three 10th places - that is, they all did finish 10th at some point and should get 10th place points, and the listed 11th getting 11th place points rather than 13th. And the official 20th getting a point for 20th instead of no points for 23rd. Maybe 22 players finished later than him, but he didn't lose to 22 players.

And it means the 10th that late regged doesn't get more than the 10th that played the whole game.

If you agree, this probably means a revision of week 1 as well.

If there were three 10th places then surely the next position after that in the list would be 13th? The way you propose would either mean redistributing the points that mr4b allocated or more total points would be given out than the top 20 positions combined (if you see what I mean).

I've just taken the positions from top to bottom as shown in the 'Stars lobby and allocated points for each position as listed (ignored the Rank). This is what dartagnan did too. Not sure I'm prepared to do anything else or if anything else is right or wrong.
VOV41K
High Card

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:25 am
Sorry, but if it was not speculation with late check-in, I've got this tour would miinimum 9th place (53 minutes of the game was already the final table), and only the 13th. This need to do something !!!
bergeroo
Flush

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:01 pm
There are many reasons to late reg a tourney. If I start a poker session at 7:55. The first thing I do is look at what tournies started at 7 and if I can jump in any before late reg closes.

For Stars 3x turbos, by far the correct strategy is to late reg after 59 minutes and play as slowly as possible. Does that make me a cheat?

I also late reg tournies so skip meaningless levels, to manage table space, to increase the number of tournaments I can play. Am I a cheat or an angle shooter for this?

My point is you shouldn't throw around words like cheat and angle shooter in poker. If someone ever labels me any of these things then I'm going to be really angry.
dartagnan180
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:57 pm
I agree about the 3x turbos, but this is in effect a 2 table sit n go turbo with 1500 chips and quick levels , late regging here with one minute to go is in my opinion angle shooting , you late reg and only have one move which is allin , I don't think its fair in a 1500 chip sng to have late reg for one hour.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:17 pm
Well I would argue that the structure of the 3x turbos on Stars is totally flawed and punishes recreational players, yet they remain mystifyingly popular, so when I play them I try to give myself the best roi I can within the rules of the game. How is this different?
lookmeup
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:31 pm
guess if nothing is done then we can just all late register now I am fed up askd about this several times why it can be the same as full tilt 30 min late reg nothing done no response so it seems they don't think its a issues ,, fine il just register games now when I am able to lets say as if its within the rules then I will just no bother asking to change it falls on deaf ears see ya all on the final table I guess
dartagnan180
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:35 pm
bergeroo wrote:
Well I would argue that the structure of the 3x turbos on Stars is totally flawed and punishes recreational players, yet they remain mystifyingly popular, so when I play them I try to give myself the best roi I can within the rules of the game. How is this different?

Oh I get what youre saying BUT when is regging for a tournament and only having 5 BB anything that remotely resembles poker? Its allin luck only and this is a poker league.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:36 pm
lookmeup wrote:
guess if nothing is done then we can just all late register now I am fed up askd about this several times why it can be the same as full tilt 30 min late reg nothing done no response so it seems they don't think its a issues ,, fine il just register games now when I am able to lets say as if its within the rules then I will just no bother asking to change it falls on deaf ears see ya all on the final table I guess

Will also reg at 59 minutes tonight to prove a point. I cant win the league anyway so I might as well **** it up for people who can . (this is what people have been doing anyway) See you at the FT.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:42 pm
How about this one...

50 UKIPT satellite with one seat guaranteed. It is a slow night and there are sub sats running but they are still ongoing. It is one hour late reg and needs three runners to start.

When it starts there are exactly three runners. I am on the button, first to act. I type 'FLIPS' into the chatbox and shove all in for 200bbs. The other guys both call. And one of us wins the seat.

angleshooting? cheating?
dartagnan180
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:44 pm
No I don't think that's cheating though it isn't poker LOL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:34 pm
No standings anymore?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> POKERSTARS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: