View previous topic :: View next topic  
hackett
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
From my NL MTT session yesterday i sensed a lack of aggression in some spots when reviewing certain situations.

In the hand below we are 20 from the money in the $5 (2R1A) and had been playing for just over 3 hours. I had lost a couple of hands in quick succession about 15 hands prior to this losing about 1/3 of my stack when flopping TPTK both times but getting rivered. As a consequence i had regrouped and tightened up.

poak4re had been playing 20/14/4.1 with a raise 1st % of 26% - This was based over 227 hands of the MTT.

warwar13 had been playing 18/9/0 over just 11 hands having recently been moved.

Question is with my stack size and pp9's is this an auto shove in this spot or do i have better options, if so what? I want to get a better understanding of controlled selective aggression and would appreciate any input.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
insta shove. with those stats he has all the overs, a few foldable hands, as well as the over pairs.
the other guy caught in the middle could have a lower pair for set mining but also should have a load of foldable hands. he might feel pot committed but he should have a bunch of kq type hands. you have the added bonus that utg +2 will have to reshove his real hands blocking utg +3 sick flats and he also must fold his marginals because if he sick flats then utg +3 might over ship. this polarizes his range for the benefit of you.
if that stream of consciousness made sense then i am pleasantly surprised
StGilmore
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:33 am
I'm so far behind I'm just trying to get the scenario clear Mr. Green

Your stack doesn't have a $ - you have ~13BBs is that right?

I like Spreng's stream o' thought (but I'm pretty sure all the seat pos. are less 1; ie, UG +1 will have to reshove all his real hands ?)

http://midlifepoker.blogspot.com/
http://outthescammers.blogspot.com/
hackett
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:53 pm
darrensprengers wrote:
insta shove. with those stats he has all the overs, a few foldable hands, as well as the over pairs.
the other guy caught in the middle could have a lower pair for set mining but also should have a load of foldable hands. he might feel pot committed but he should have a bunch of kq type hands. you have the added bonus that utg +2 will have to reshove his real hands blocking utg +3 sick flats and he also must fold his marginals because if he sick flats then utg +3 might over ship. this polarizes his range for the benefit of you.
if that stream of consciousness made sense then i am pleasantly surprised

StGilmore wrote:
I'm so far behind I'm just trying to get the scenario clear Mr. Green

Your stack doesn't have a $ - you have ~13BBs is that right?

I like Spreng's stream o' thought (but I'm pretty sure all the seat pos. are less 1; ie, UG +1 will have to reshove all his real hands ?)

Thanks both makes perfect sense - To pose it slightly differently if you are in poak4's position both on table and with stack size what would your minimum holdings be to open??
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: