View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frodge
Trips

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
MTTs on 'Stars. This sort of things happens too often for me to trust the site completely. I get the table donk to call and...

80.5% favourite and BOOM: he gets there right away. He then goes and spews all his chips away and finishes 3rd.

In isolation I can take this but it happens time and time and time again.

There is no way my results are getting close to the accepted statistics.

You must have to put serious volume in to ride out the variance on low stakes MTTs, particularly on 'Stars. They are head-wrecking in the extreme and surely -ev.

How do you guys approach these games?
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
are we going to comment and find out its another eric lynch hand? Very Happy
Marcus6
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:13 pm
lol bit like this one, talk about the flop hitting you in the face lol

but when you look at his stats does he know something we dont! over 250K in winning.

Crushinator
High Card

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:50 pm
Firstly, I would not dump my whole stack into a pot of $150.00 with a pair on a board with tons of draws....
Crushinator
High Card

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:58 pm
Now, you lost with aces because you flop jammed and he decided to gamble with a draw. You were going to lose that hand no matter what, but instead of wondering how you maybe could have won, try and think about how you could have minimized your losses. Loose aggressive players love chasing draws, so when you throw your whole stack in with just a pair of aces he snaps it off because he is loose aggressive and plays for these situations, the thrill of getting there. He had you covered so he was only risking about half his stack to take all of yours.

Yes he is a donk for playing that hand OOP but I would have played it this way:

I would have over bet the pot like you, but never just open jammed. I would never give him a free card, you have to charge him to draw out on you if that is what he is going to do. I would be 2/3's the pot there. He will either call or raise, if he raises you can try and determine if he has a made hand or a draw. If he has either the correct play is to just call the raise and see what the turn brings, you have the advantage of position, so you are in great shape if you think the turn made his hand, which it did in this case. If it did he is likely to bet it. Once he bets, which will likely be a pot size bet since that is all new players seem to be able to bet you can comfortably get away from the hand having lost the minimum with aces.
Crushinator
High Card

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:04 pm
Oh and never limp the button with aces, I am not stating that you should never limp a button, you should just not limp a button with pocket aces when it has been folded to you. I know your thinking was that you did not want to scare away action with such a strong holding and you may have been trying to disguise the strength of your hand and induce a raise.

I personally treat button limping with more skepticism than raising if it has been folded to the button. When you do this your hand becomes vulnerable and after every call behind you, you lose equity in the pot.

...I had not noticed that previously. You are just inviting trouble by limping with such a big hand. You never want it to go multi way like it did. Hope this helped
AndyH1964
Two Pair

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:08 pm
I don't like the limping in from the button with AA.
A 3x BB raise would have been better....gets the pot built up.
Awful play by the blind...chasing a gutshot with 2 undercards...he is just a muppet who got lucky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Hand Analysis All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: