View previous topic :: View next topic  
SamJess
Straight

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Chance of call from initial raiser is 60-70%.

Assume range 15-20% hands.
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:40 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Seems pretty standard to me...

Liv won the milly on Sunday btw lol
Marcus6
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:55 pm
Pizzicato wrote:
Seems pretty standard to me...

Liv won the milly on Sunday btw lol

He only started playing on stars this month, Shocked Rolling Eyes

cash 16 out of 95 comps.

his last 3 comps

17 Nov 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL liv_hbk $215 7439 1 $164,995
16 Nov 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL tomaz_m $11 11024 3 $7,937
08 Nov 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL liv_hbk $11+ 510 1 $2,039
Pizzicato
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:18 pm
Yeah seems like some kind of MA or some boss that only just started on Stars recently lol
SamJess
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:58 am
Guys -

It appears standard but is (negatively) marginal mathematically. If we look at the tighter end of this villans range here, which is where we are at with this opponent, the maths is not in our favour. (Apologies if this isn't clear originally).

Initially we think we must shove here because we need the double up, its A10s and we may even be happy to gamble - but on closer inspection we can potentially find better positions and against looser opponents who fold more hands, call with weaker hands or by open shoving when no initial raiser.

Also note our F/E is much lower against this villain than others at the table.

BTW - I have no overall problem with the shove as if I win I'm back in the fight but it does not have enough equity against villians range to be the correct action. I hope for a bad call (i.e. weak end of villain range), fold or at worst a flip).

Apparently our re-shove range is something like JJ+, AK, AQs and possibly AQos.

Seems nuts 7 handed but that's the story!
One Pair

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:48 pm
SamJess wrote:
Guys -

Initially we think we must shove here because we need the double up, its A10s and we may even be happy to gamble - but on closer inspection we can potentially find better positions and against looser opponents who fold more hands, call with weaker hands or by open shoving when no initial raiser. !

I don't think that "Shoving as we feel we need to double up" is correct. For me, the reason I shove here (and I do it every time) is that the OR *should* be opening super wide if they are good. Our hand crushes his opening range and therefore the shove allows us to take advantage of the equity that we have against him. I think that folding this spot is weak and could be considered as "wanting to take good spots".

Just my 2c

Jonny C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Hand Analysis All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: