View previous topic :: View next topic  
pap1000
High Card

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:29 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
situation
heads up and has been check to the river
player on the button chucks hand in face up on table
player 2 pushes his hand over the line face down
is this mucked ???? has he forfeited the hand ???
or can he then turn the hand after this action ??
bergeroo
Flush

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:34 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
his hand is not dead. That's a betting line, not for showdowns
X
Quads

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:23 am
Of course it's not mucked!

It sounds like a complete non-event anyway... the hand was checked down to the river so, presumably, the player with the best hand wins?

I assume that Player 2 then turns over his hand and beats you?!

Should have bet the turn IMHO Rolling Eyes Mr. Green
Mobster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:27 pm
Having written many You Are The Tournament Director articles in recent years and seen many TD verdicts, I've always liked Matt Savage's edict that 'Wherever possible, the best hand should win.'
In a checked-down showdown, where both hands can be identified, it is clearly possible and desirable to award the pot to the best hand. And that would be the ruling in this case.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:17 pm
Barny wrote:
Having written many You Are The Tournament Director articles in recent years and seen many TD verdicts, I've always liked Matt Savage's edict that 'Wherever possible, the best hand should win.'
In a checked-down showdown, where both hands can be identified, it is clearly possible and desirable to award the pot to the best hand. And that would be the ruling in this case.

Hi Barny
yes i understand that in most cases the best hand wins but in heads up if 1 player shows and the other player just pushes his cards forwards (unshown) is this hand then dead as the action would indicate a fold then when some one says you have muck your cards at which point he then reaches for his cards again and shows and takes the pot on a high card
paddymick
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:22 pm
You don't have to show your hand at showdown in a cash game in most places. You do in a tournament. Was this a cash game or a tournament? Either way it is irrelevant since the hand was not taken by the dealer and put in the muck pile and so was easily identifiable. He showed it, eventually, and should be awarded the pot. For the other player to claim the hand is muck is an angle shoot and bad sportsmanship.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: