Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  

What buy in would you rather play in the december league?
A mix from freeroll to $10 
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
$5 
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
$10 
68%
 68%  [ 26 ]
small stakes only 
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 38

stowjon
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Indestructible wrote:
stowjon wrote:
Indestructible wrote:
stowjon wrote:
SamJess wrote:
Mr4b,

I know things change but seriously can't we just have the core elements in place which made the previous leagues so good:

Single Buy-In value ($10+$1 always seemed perfect to me.) - the $1 just doesn't work for me.

Variety of games balance 50/50 with NL Hold-em. (And I'm a NL Player).

Overview of the entire season - 30/40 weeks, would appreciate season end freeroll value adds for
Iron-Man (25/30 Qualification), Monthly winners, Top 20/30/40 players
+ anything else you want to throw in.

Appreciate monthly prizes, etc.

Previously we had pages for leaderboard, detaila on league for season + hall of fame - can we have this back. Dedicated pages are better than multiple threads. Obviously kept the weekly threads for the specific information, if you want players to post.

Also:

How about some bounties added - it would be amazing if you could include these - this made the last leagues fun. The 'prizes' don't have to be massive either - just added interest. How about you guys joining in as bounties - chat to the players, create some connection. This is what made Joe, Barney and Ross great.

Perhaps Liv/Jake/Others could be convinced to be a bounty and answers questions from players in real time rather than be given a prescribe list to answer.

Could also add in some 'special' tournaments for regular league members - can't decide if this should 'count' towards league points - probably not but perhaps counts towards any iron man qualification (i.e. as a 'bonus' rather than the total).

If you can deliver all of the above for both the FTP & Stars leagues - it would be awesome and I would be very very happy. Can't say the same for my wife.......

It generally wasn't broke - so please don't fix it.

Thanks for listening.

p.s. If you need a Business Analyst / Project Manager I'm available (not cheap though). Wink

totally agree Samjess but sadly looks like we are becoming a banner before members forum!!!!
im off tonight and not even sure ican bring myself to part with even a measly $1 in support of the n'new' league.

Your comment on members doesn't seem to make sense in view of this thread asking for opinions ?

long and short indy i dont really give a toss about the league! as its not being run well atall, wheres the leader board?
my point is that the new owners seem more intent on filling the place with new banners and QnA sessions with a non entity like Liv 'unfaithful' Borree, so why should i care about how much the league entry is.

Sure they are looking at feedback on the league hence this thread. Calling Liv a non entity is a bit childish to be honest, she has an excellent record, better than most if not all if us regulars together. Maybe you are just on a downer at the moment ?

BLAH BLAH BLAH you just keep spouting what you think the company want to hear then you will keep your powers of moderation.
sorry if my opinions or thinking dont fit into the 'thmf' ideals but hey ho. face bothered!
Marcus6
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
who the f**k has took jons

Rolling Eyes Mr. Green
stowjon
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:57 pm
quite funny 7/10.
Marcus6
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:58 pm
stowjon wrote:
quite funny 7/10.

Wink
bergeroo
Flush

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:55 pm
stowjon wrote:
Indestructible wrote:
stowjon wrote:
Indestructible wrote:
stowjon wrote:
SamJess wrote:
Mr4b,

I know things change but seriously can't we just have the core elements in place which made the previous leagues so good:

Single Buy-In value ($10+$1 always seemed perfect to me.) - the $1 just doesn't work for me.

Overview of the entire season - 30/40 weeks, would appreciate season end freeroll value adds for

Previously we had pages for leaderboard, detaila on league for season + hall of fame - can we have this back. Dedicated pages are better than multiple threads. Obviously kept the weekly threads for the specific information, if you want players to post.

Also:

How about some bounties added - it would be amazing if you could include these - this made the last leagues fun. The 'prizes' don't have to be massive either - just added interest. How about you guys joining in as bounties - chat to the players, create some connection. This is what made Joe, Barney and Ross great.

Perhaps Liv/Jake/Others could be convinced to be a bounty and answers questions from players in real time rather than be given a prescribe list to answer.

Could also add in some 'special' tournaments for regular league members - can't decide if this should 'count' towards league points - probably not but perhaps counts towards any iron man qualification (i.e. as a 'bonus' rather than the total).

If you can deliver all of the above for both the FTP & Stars leagues - it would be awesome and I would be very very happy. Can't say the same for my wife.......

Thanks for listening.

p.s. If you need a Business Analyst / Project Manager I'm available (not cheap though). Wink

totally agree Samjess but sadly looks like we are becoming a banner before members forum!!!!
im off tonight and not even sure ican bring myself to part with even a measly $1 in support of the n'new' league.

Your comment on members doesn't seem to make sense in view of this thread asking for opinions ?

long and short indy i dont really give a toss about the league! as its not being run well atall, wheres the leader board?
my point is that the new owners seem more intent on filling the place with new banners and QnA sessions with a non entity like Liv 'unfaithful' Borree, so why should i care about how much the league entry is.

Sure they are looking at feedback on the league hence this thread. Calling Liv a non entity is a bit childish to be honest, she has an excellent record, better than most if not all if us regulars together. Maybe you are just on a downer at the moment ?

BLAH BLAH BLAH you just keep spouting what you think the company want to hear then you will keep your powers of moderation.
sorry if my opinions or thinking dont fit into the 'thmf' ideals but hey ho. face bothered!

John you are SO grumpy!
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:11 am
stowjon wrote:
Indestructible wrote:
stowjon wrote:
Indestructible wrote:
stowjon wrote:
SamJess wrote:
Mr4b,

Also:

Thanks for listening.

Seriously why would I be worried if I keep my powers of moderation as you put it? I do it to help out, nothing more than that. Anyway back to the thread which is about the buy in for the league.
stowjon
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:18 am
in that case $11 please Wink
stowjon
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:20 am
bergeroo wrote:
stowjon wrote:
Indestructible wrote:
stowjon wrote:
Indestructible wrote:
stowjon wrote:
SamJess wrote:
Mr4b,

Also:

Thanks for listening.

John you are SO grumpy!

this is true
Grumbledook is dopey
JonMW is sleepy
still 4spots open for the thmf panto

Obv Indy is snowhite as his shite dont stink Wink
HtheMAN
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:22 am
All games from $10-20 IMO please
paddymick
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:33 pm
stowjon wrote:

this is true
Grumbledook is dopey
JonMW is sleepy
still 4spots open for the thmf panto

Obv Indy is snowhite as his shite dont stink Wink

Bogus for Fairy God Mother
tonyhat
One Pair

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:18 pm
couldnt you do it similar to what stars used to do in UKIPL, have 2 leagues, eg $1-$5 and the other $10 and above. that way micro stakes players could have something to play
but as i am a lurking leech"stowjon" i wouldnt play any. Very Happy
just a thought.
stowjon
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:24 pm
tonyhat wrote:
couldnt you do it similar to what stars used to do in UKIPL, have 2 leagues, eg $1-$5 and the other $10 and above. that way micro stakes players could have something to play
but as i am a lurking leech"stowjon" i wouldnt play any. Very Happy
just a thought.

get over it Tony you were last months moan ive had 2 or 3 since then Wink
gazza54
One Pair

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:59 am
I think my views reflect most from what I have seen so far. A $10 buy in makes it worth winning (just), but should not price out players. I also would like a mix of games, and like others have said before me approx 50% NLH seems right.
HtheMAN
Straight

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:26 pm
Hi mr4b

Just wondered what your thoughts of the league were this month ?

A league where week 3 is a $10 entry and gets 44 runners

And week 4 is a freeroll which gets 768 runners ( most of which seem to be Russians ) ?

I know it's early days for you with this forum but surely you can see this league has been PATHETIC from start to finish Rolling Eyes

RULES Doh!

FORMAT Doh!

UPDATES Doh!

PASSWORD INFO ROFL

How can you have. League that gets 44 runners one week then 768 the next ??????
Steve50
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:32 pm
I guess we can't be too hard on the guy, this is all new to him and he has tried his best to get something going quickly which is fair enough. Now is finding the information needed to create a league that people are going to enjoy, so benefit of the doubt for now maybe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: