Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjm8
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
I think it is pretty clear anyone with this illness is not capable of thinking straight. Putting myself into his position, the minute a sportsman admits to an illness which some perceive is a sign of weakness, leaves u open to dressing room banter & the risk that the opposition will find out and target you. I really think the last thing he wanted to do was left down his team mates

In a sport where travel is a major part of your ability to do your job, speaking out on this matter for Trott is probably a bigger issue then you are probably accounting for. Trescothick's international career was effectly ended when he withdrew from the tour. That's what I meant initially about the money factor.

From reading Ian Bell's comments this morning, it looks like it is something which has only recently happened.
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Trott aside, i think it sets up for a cracking series now..i think the aussies ovr performed and built great momentum in the first test.
It was one of the privileges of my poker life to watch Barny win his bracelet, putting on a master class in front of an audience who would have run onto the stage and carried him over the ****ing line if thats what it was going to take. There is bracelets and there is bracelets. This was one of the very special ones...Padraig Parkinson
tjm8
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:46 pm
Yes I agree, the Aussie bowling attack does worry me, Harris especially is top draw, Siddle is a consistent line and length bowler, Johnson on top form is almost unplayable, hopefully he will go back to spraying it around again. Ok, the spinner is nothing special, but Watson and Smith are useful back up bowlers. At the moment, you would have to say that their attack is the more potent.

Batting wise, the Aussie lower order has always been pretty decent and if the likes of Watson, Warner and Clarke start scoring heavy, we are in big trouble.

England need a big first two days in the 2nd test to get back into the test series IMO. Still think we can do it and can't wait for 2nd test to start.
penko910
Full House

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:14 am
My big worry is even going back to the New Zealand home and away series earlier this year, we struggle to post a big total, can only remember us posting 400+ twice I think in that time (could be wrong) our strength is bowling but if we can't make more than 200 we will struggle.

That's why I'd be tempted to go either Balance or Bairstow to replace Trott rather than Stokes as we need more back up in the batting rather than bowling IMO! That said, neither is a guaruntee. We really need some of our big players to step up, I the 1st test never had the confidence that anybody wanted to bat all day, and we made bowlers like Lyon look like world beaters, when they treated Our bowlers look like village players!

Lot if work to do but the series is by no means over!
ReggieK
The Guvnor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:44 pm
Anyone watching?
I'm not confident at all on this one..
ReggieK
The Guvnor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:47 pm
Hmm if Carbs had held that simple catch it would deffo have been our day.
As it is it's very much in the air so to speak.
Yes it'd be good to keep them below 400, but our batting at the mo is as strong as a chocolate teapot Crying or Very sad
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:29 pm
Did stay up till mid lunch/tea session...60/40 Englands day
As u say if wed have held our catches we would be laughing
It was one of the privileges of my poker life to watch Barny win his bracelet, putting on a master class in front of an audience who would have run onto the stage and carried him over the ****ing line if thats what it was going to take. There is bracelets and there is bracelets. This was one of the very special ones...Padraig Parkinson
ReggieK
The Guvnor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:30 pm
Well...
No positives to take.
I expect us all out for 250, follow on and lose by an innings
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:46 pm
yeah definately day 2 aussies...sickener watching the guy caught behind off a no ball once hes walked and making another 60 odd
Got to bat for forever now..although i think your nearer the mark with what u say
Lets hope ur wrong Reg...sneak adraw fingers crossed..got to avoid the follow on tho or its all over rover
ReggieK
The Guvnor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:54 am
Jesus 117/5. I can take no more and off to Bedfordshire!
What an abject display, no fight or guts Sad
ReggieK
The Guvnor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:58 am
Make it 117/6
Prior looks like an amateur at the mo.
It's 1989 all over again
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:09 am
This is going well Rolling Eyes
tjm8
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:18 am
brainless from Cook there, need to bat for 2 days to save the series (go 2-0 down here, we don't come back), not bothering to stay up for any more, will wake up to see us all out for less than 200 no doubt.
penko910
Full House

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:56 am
This is terrible from England!
tjm8
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:23 pm
Well at least we made it into day 5 Rolling Eyes

We can see Johnson is bowling well and anyone who has played cricket knows that when you are facing extreme pace with accuracy, then it is bloody tough, but some of the shot selections by England are just ridiculous. Johnson hasn't suddenly turned into the greatest fast bowler, he is been given far too many wickets.

Day 4 was all about surviving the 90 overs and not giving your wicket away, if you get out to a great delivery, then fair play, but Cook & Carberry's shots were shocking in the first hour. At least give yourself plenty of time in the middle before you start playing more expansive shots (especially to see off the new ball). Even then, you could argue that the whole day, should of being about making sure you play the minimal aerial shots and playing risk free cricket.

Bell's was a brainfart as well, yes he could of smashed it for 4, but it's not difficult to just defend it and keep your wicket.

Very important now that Prior, Broad & Swann get some time at the wicket, they need to show that the lower order can stick around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Sports and Betting All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: