Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 View previous topic :: View next topic  
dezza666
Full House

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Ok so here's the problem. I've just spent 15 mins or so flicking through this thread - and all bar half a dozen posts are mindless garbage and trolling, with the odd barb qualifying as banter! The fact that this thread lives in the Poker Forum as opposed to Non-Poker says it all for me. Poker is no longer a novelty - basic articles and hand analysis no longer cut the mustard (hence the lack of them in recent times) - people have a lot less to say poker-wise these days.

It's a vicious circle really. We want more "contribution" on the forum, but we have less of value to say. Some, such as myself, have contributed less over the years - but others have spouted increasing amounts of garbage. Sadly i don't think there's a solution as far as the forum is concerned - the website could use a "reboot" if that's the correct phrase, and the new owners can be successful on that front. Let's be honest - their interest is in the database .Tossing a few bones towards the forum is mostly good PR.

THMF is far from alone with this problem - Cardrunners content is going downhill fast imo.

Bit of a rambling post i know - but i think what i'm trying to say is :- The apparent poor quality of the Hendon Mob Forum content is a symptom of a wider industry malaise. Discuss.

Anyway - back to the Sports forum for me - but with West Ham heading for relegation and The Ashes staying Down Under - i wont have much to say there either!

ps - what i really should have done was make 6 worthless posts, and maybe save this one for the thousandth!
qwerqwer
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Dezza666

Are we in agreement that the forum has gone downhill since 2007? Nothing is actually being said on this forum. There is no creativity on this forum whatsoever. I feel the poseur cliquey posters are hindering more than they're adding to the forum. There are some exceptions, notably Steve50. The lacklustre approach to posting is evident to all and sundry, it's not a very good forum imo.

If it wasn't for Barny and Joe, I shouldn't think I would have bothered with this forum in the first place. I'm kind of sad they're no longer the owners. The forum feels soulless now. If anyone has an opinion that differs from the herd on THMF, then they are considered a troll. Sad state of affairs. The best posters have left already.
dezza666
Full House

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:50 pm
There have always been characters posting here - there still are. I think you are harking back to some golden age through rose-tinted spectacles. Back in 2007 we had more poker input alongside some good banter - but we also had our fair share of idiots alongside some rather unpleasant trolls.

You also have to remember that THMF predates Facebook, Twitter and most other social media sites - i'd imagine most discussion forums (fora? don't get me started!) have suffered since their emergence. Maybe, manners have also gone downhill as a result of the social media revolution.
qwerqwer
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:04 pm
You have to remember that some trolls where around before THMF. Some where around in the beginning (Pokah). Some trolls have completed the internet, twice. There are many types of trolls: non-threatening trolls, moderator/retardo trolls, and then there's the super trolls.
Steve50
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:26 pm
qwerqwer wrote:
You have to remember that some trolls where around before THMF. Some where around in the beginning (Pokah). Some trolls have completed the internet, twice. There are many types of trolls: non-threatening trolls, moderator/retardo trolls, and then there's the super trolls.

And the super cool awesome trolls who usually brightens everyone's day with some fun Hearts

But I agree, 2007 was great! And the site being original was also great!.
Banned

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: