View previous topic :: View next topic  
hachi
High Card

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:12 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I don't really have much experience in online cash games - more of a tournament player - but I'm trying to get better. Here is a hand I feel like I played badly, but don't really know how to play well.

When he bets the turn I'm kind of left guessing but I figure I may have as many as 17 outs so I can't find a fold. On reflection I think maybe there is a good chance he actually turned a flush but I'm not too sure...
Rigsby
Forum Challenge Champion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
if the river brings a club and he shoves are you calling?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:41 pm
no way, but I figure there's a good chance a club would freeze the action. You!?
GoldenDonkey
One Pair

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:36 pm
If you want to freeze the action on any club river, bet the turn.

Jonny C
mohsin123
High Card

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:30 am
If you want to freeze the action on any club river, bet the turn.
Hullcity
Full House

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:12 pm
either barrel the turn card as it is a bit scary (assuming you know he floats flops with a lot of weak hands) or check fold (the most sensible money saving option), check calling is terrible and spewy, you may already be drawing dead or you may improve and its still not good enough, and its not like you are in a good spot to steal the pot on the river either
Daniel
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:53 am
I don't like the check - call on the turn. If you want to win this pot you should raise for sure, and try to take it down now. Counting 17 'live' outs seems like a very bad idea here. I think your only chance to win this pot is to bluff it, but I think he has it anyway, so I would be folding here.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:15 am
Good
Alex B
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:20 am
After the flop you can have way more aces than him, and he only has flush draws he flatted rather than raising - and any of them with an 8,6 or 5 have a pair or gutter, with an over-card or they're up and down.

The stacks are a bit awkward for two more bets or any T or R check-raise. That could have been avoided by betting 1.40 on the flop.

-Depending on the player- I'm thinking about potting this (I think he'll fold 5s, 7s, 9s and gutshots) and shoving eights (called by Ax, two pair etc), I'm not sure about clubs - check call might be better if he'll bluff. It's not balanced but that's almost never needed.

If they above sounds OTT or would look incongruent, you might need to be more aggressive in generally. If the villain is really too timid for this, then check fold turn but raise-bet ATC in future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Hand Analysis All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: