Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex B
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
stowjon wrote:
paddymick wrote:
It's racist to instruct an estate agent to not rent out your house to black people. It's wrong for the estate agent to agree. I don't see how this point was ever up for question.

I am a white English male with many black and asain friends if i tell an estate agent i dont want my house rented to a white family am i racist?

Yes.

Mike Caro controversially pointed out that stereotyping is not always stupid, when you don't have access to the information you want, as race can sometimes help predict behaviors (not that it necessarily causes them) because it can be a reasonable proxy for cultures and demographics.

However, this is specifically a situation in which you can get all of the financial, career and reference information that you want, you can discriminate based on that, so it would be absolutely ridiculous to specify a skin colour.
PokerSensation
Flush

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
paddymick wrote:
It's racist to instruct an estate agent to not rent out your house to black people. It's wrong for the estate agent to agree. I don't see how this point was ever up for question.

Who cares?
paddymick
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:26 pm
stowjon wrote:
paddymick wrote:

I am a white English male with many black and asain friends if i tell an estate agent i dont want my house rented to a white family am i racist?

Yes. It works both ways.
paddymick
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:32 pm
PokerSensation wrote:
paddymick wrote:

Who cares?

Quite a lot of people. If your question is rhetorical and you mean 'I don't care', then fine.
You are of course entitled not to care.
PokerSensation
Flush

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:36 pm
paddymick wrote:
PokerSensation wrote:
paddymick wrote:

Who cares?

Quite a lot of people. If your question is rhetorical and you mean 'I don't care', then fine.

I don't care AT ALL.
Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:38 pm
PokerSensation wrote:
paddymick wrote:
PokerSensation wrote:
paddymick wrote:

Who cares?

I don't care AT ALL.

WE DONT CARE THAT YOU DONT CARE
PokerSensation
Flush

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:11 pm
Nem wrote:
PokerSensation wrote:
paddymick wrote:
PokerSensation wrote:
paddymick wrote:

Who cares?

I don't care AT ALL.

WE DONT CARE THAT YOU DONT CARE

I don't care that you care. If you feel that the masses will get irate over it, then do something about it. If you dont want to though, and would rarher spend your life on forums discussing your feelings, good luck to you.
stowjon
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:02 pm
darrensprengers wrote:
stowjon wrote:
paddymick wrote:

YES. FFS

Quote:
noun

[mass noun]the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races:theories of racismprejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that ones own race is superior:

oxford english dictionary clearly states 'directed against someone of a different race'

i think somebody better phone them and correct them Wink
stowjon
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:31 pm
darrensprengers wrote:
stowjon wrote:
paddymick wrote:

YES. FFS

Quote:
noun

[mass noun]the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races:theories of racismprejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that ones own race is superior:

oxford english dictionary clearly states 'directed against someone of a different race'

i think somebody better phone them and correct them Wink
Bogus
At Won with No 28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:23 pm
That Pokersensation is a bellend.

*Wayne*
Two Pair

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:27 pm
It's ok to eat pizza and chips n cheese right. So how come when I asked Dominos to put chips n cheese on my pizza as a topping, they said they can't as it would burn and come out Black.

Dominos are racist.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:05 pm
*Wayne* wrote:
It's ok to eat pizza and chips n cheese right. So how come when I asked Dominos to put chips n cheese on my pizza as a topping, they said they can't as it would burn and come out Black.

Dominos are racist.

Mr. Green
jellyface
Failed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:08 pm
Bogus wrote:

+1. Consistently, and without the saving grace of being clever.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:28 pm
jellyface wrote:
Bogus wrote:

+1. Consistently, and without the saving grace of being clever.

If it was a troll you could excuse its stupidity.

barmybadger
Closet Gooner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:30 pm
is it racist if you tell racist jokes

also making monkey noises at footballers but only for the lolz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Non-Poker General Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: